Todd Kane (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Dabo had spells where he was absolute tripe last season, he gets injured a fair bit too. Eccles, who, if Kane left would be his back up I suppose, seems to be plagued with injury problems.
Still say I wouldn't be in a rush to offload Kane unless someone is coming in. Maybe one of these 'fringe' players SBB was talking about.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Who's the better out of him and Dabo?

Northeast sky blue

Dabo had spells where he was absolute tripe last season, he gets injured a fair bit too. Eccles, who, if Kane left would be his back up I suppose, seems to be plagued with injury problems.
Still say I wouldn't be in a rush to offload Kane unless someone is coming in. Maybe one of these 'fringe' players SBB was talking about.

Can't Jack Burroughs play there too

JimmyHillsbeard

V strong disagree here. Dabo’s real issue last season was that he was willing to be played out of position to accommodate Kane. His stint at right sided centre half (home vs West Brom) was v poor and apart from his excellent display Away to Forest (where and nullified a £20m player) I didn’t rate him at left wing back either.

Whenever he played on the right side he was consistent and effective. One stupid red card (and one slightly less stupid one) and some injuries notwithstanding he had another good season.

Kane on the other hand was brought in as a versatile option. He quickly showed he was unwilling or unable to be deployed on the left and defensively he was inferior to Dabo all season. When he arrived he was excellent at getting forward and crossing the ball into really dangerous areas. For me that stopped after he scored at Bournemouth- and he spent much of the season trying to recreate that moment rather than supplying the assists for others.

NorthernWisdom

Hey just can't say I got the hate. I think he's alright, like Sheaf before him he became an unnecessary hate target.

I have nothing against him, still not sure he was the best use of a limited budget, mind. While we're on the subject of wages, a backup / squad RWB who's already established at this level must cost us a fair whack. Understudy / injury fill-in should be an aspiring lower league or former reserve player IMNSHO.

TomRad85

I have nothing against him, still not sure he was the best use of a limited budget, mind. While we're on the subject of wages, a backup / squad RWB who's already established at this level must cost us a fair whack. Understudy / injury fill-in should be an aspiring lower league or former reserve player IMNSHO.
Probably not the best use although wasn't Dabo out for a quite a spell last season, meaning if Kane wasn't there we'd have had to use *shudders* Dacosta.
I did completely lose it once when people were begging for Dabo to come back in and within minutes he'd let the man in behind and chopped him down for an injury time red card and penalty. In hindsight quite funny.

shmmeee

Dabo improved a lot after his injury, before his final ball was woeful. Kane went the other way, by the end I was groaning when he got the ball out wide.

I’d like to see a young RWB brought in to develop rather than playing Eccles out of position if Kane were to go. But it’s well down the list of priorities.

DannyThomas_1981

Disagree slightly Tom.

Dabo was certainly poor at RCB, I'm sure he didn't want to play there but it wasn't his fault that he was asked to do so - that's with the coaches.

He's also a player who looks off the pace for a couple of games after injury - but that might also result from being rushed back. He's also not great off the bench - seems to run onto the pitch like a maniac.

On saying that a fully fit Dabo at RWB - one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

TomRad85

Disagree slightly Tom.

Dabo was certainly poor at RCB, I'm sure he didn't want to play there but it wasn't his fault that he was asked to do so - that's with the coaches.

He's also a player who looks off the pace for a couple of games after injury - but that might also result from being rushed back. He's also not great off the bench - seems to run onto the pitch like a maniac.

On saying that a fully fit Dabo at RWB - one of the first names on the team sheet for me.
I think that's mostly a fair analysis DT. I never held him being horrible at centre back against him though, I firmly had a bee in my bonnet with Robins about that. Especially when he did it at home to WBA when we'd already established it was a really bad idea.

CDK

Dabo,it's about making sure he's at peak fitness because 1injury starts a long period off inactivity on the pitch he's treading the same path as godden it seems to me so keeping Kane is a must.

skyblue1991

Seems to be involved in training a bit and on the CCFC media, no real sign he's been bombed out or caused an upset in the squad

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

I think that's mostly a fair analysis DT. I never held him being horrible at centre back against him though, I firmly had a bee in my bonnet with Robins about that. Especially when he did it at home to WBA when we'd already established it was a really bad idea.

I still can’t believe he did that when he also said afterwards that Hyam was fit to start. Lunacy

hamil99

Facebook User
Dabo improved a lot after his injury, before his final ball was woeful. Kane went the other way, by the end I was groaning when he got the ball out wide.

I’d like to see a young RWB brought in to develop rather than playing Eccles out of position if Kane were to go. But it’s well down the list of priorities.

We just bought that young lad in from Tottenham to do exactly that I believe.

1ccfc

There has been a rapprochement
Hopefully things are sorted
Time will tell
Just to save others doing what I had to do and google 'rapprochement' :)

1. A reestablishing of cordial relations, as between two countries.
  2. The state of reconciliation or of cordial relations.
  3. A coming or bringing together or into accord; establishment of harmonious relations; reconciliation.
Basically, they have all kissed and made up.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Just to save others doing what I had to do and google 'rapprochement' :)

1. A reestablishing of cordial relations, as between two countries.
  2. The state of reconciliation or of cordial relations.
  3. A coming or bringing together or into accord; establishment of harmonious relations; reconciliation.
Basically, they have all kissed and made up.
Thats a step in the right direction perhaps he has received some help and perhaps that help is actually indeed helping to make him a better person, still guaranteed to be arrogant as fuck but sometimes thats a good personality trait on the football pitch

Hobo

Re Kane and under 23's. Doesn't Robins intergrate under 23's and First team squad pre season training, especially in first week? I have seen loads of pictures of first teamers training alongside under 23"s. So not sure where the evidence was that he had been bombed out?

Too many wannabe Andy Turners on here, with my mates, sister's plumber said..... type rumours.

mmttww

Sounds like he was in a sh*tty place mentally, did something sh*t off the back of that, had the guts to admit he was a wrongun and ask for help.

Handled the right way, that can turn someone into a massively motivated part of the Team so it's gonna be interesting to see how he goes.

JonesBob

Coventry Telegraph sells only 6,000 copies per day in Cov and 4,000 copies in Warks, that means only about 5% of the general public read Andy Turner. Given it is also online and rumoured I would say at most 15% of the C&W community read anything CET publish. This forum has about 1000 readers per day and many of those are the same readers are previously analysed. Andy Turner has possibly about 10 mins communications with MR per week and our wonderful communicators on here have roughly 0 minutes communications with MR.
Therefore, I would say any transfer rumour is about 10% right or 90% false from any source. Coupled with that any internal matter involving the team, squad or other is possibly 5% correct and 95% incorrect.
Conclusion, any rumour, and we have all made them, is 95% bird poop.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Coventry Telegraph sells only 6,000 copies per day in Cov and 4,000 copies in Warks, that means only about 5% of the general public read Andy Turner. Given it is also online and rumoured I would say at most 15% of the C&W community read anything CET publish. This forum has about 1000 readers per day and many of those are the same readers are previously analysed. Andy Turner has possibly about 10 mins communications with MR per week and our wonderful communicators on here have roughly 0 minutes communications with MR.
Therefore, I would say any transfer rumour is about 10% right or 90% false from any source. Coupled with that any internal matter involving the team, squad or other is possibly 5% correct and 95% incorrect.
Thats a lot of percentages

1ccfc

It's hard work this morning. I've already had to google a word I didn't know the meaning of, now I'm having to use a calculator to check your calculations. Is science after lunch? 🤣

Nick

Administrator

I think you are 20% correct.

Grendel

How many people on average read one copy of the paper, and how does that compare %age wise with the Observer?

Does anyone actually read the observer

Users who are viewing this thread