Todd Kane (2 Viewers)

lord_garrincha

It’s an interview with a QPR reporter who has watched him play a lot more times than you or anyone else on this forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Calm down flower... I'm just taking the piss out of the CET. Happy to see him do well.

PVA

It’s an interview with a QPR reporter who has watched him play a lot more times than you or anyone else on this forum

He never played on the left for QPR though so he has as much idea about that as we do!

Brighton Sky Blue

Underwhelmed.

It's been a poor window and we need more in the middle of the park.

1 or 2 get injured and we are looking very weak.

Kelly and Eccles to return to boost that. I’d have wanted better than JCS in the centre and a more orthodox LWB but it hasn’t been terrible

rexo87

He never played on the left for QPR though so he has as much idea about that as we do!

You know that for a fact do you? Sites that say where players have played are often wrong. They also don’t take into account when a player changes position mid game

ccfc1234

TBF when he signed for QPR he was described as a wing back/attacking fullback.

Still a weird signing. Won’t be cheap and plays where one of our best players does who is two years younger.

Trust in Robins but I can’t figure this out at all.
I was thinking be must be a cheap option and can cover both RWB and LWB without breaking the bank. If he is a top 10 earner I am as perplexed as I was when he took off Gyo at the weekend.

Blind-Faith

Can only think we may see dabo used more at CB with Kane at rwb when needed. With also being able to deputise at lwb at a push. Solid player with plenty of experience at this level which is also something we didn’t have last year.

So while I’m not particularly excited by the signing , I suppose it shows another step in the right direction being able to sign a player whose spent most of his career playing in this league 👍

shmmeee

Can only think we may see dabo used more at CB with Kane at rwb when needed. With also being able to deputise at lwb at a push. Solid player with plenty of experience at this level which is also something we didn’t have last year.

So while I’m not particularly excited by the signing , I suppose it shows another step in the right direction being able to sign a player whose spent most of his career playing in this league 👍

giphy.gif

PVA

You know that for a fact do you? Sites that say where players have played are often wrong. They also don’t take into account when a player changes position mid game

Transfermarkt is incredibly accurate for championship level and above.

Dabo could play left back, but would you want him to?

rexo87

Transfermarkt is incredibly accurate for championship level and above.

Dabo could play left back, but would you want him to?

So the QPR fan/reporter has made up that Kane has played left back?

wingy

I was thinking be must be a cheap option and can cover both RWB and LWB without breaking the bank. If he is a top 10 earner I am as perplexed as I was when he took off Gyo at the weekend.
I read he was on 7k at QPR.
I suspect 4k here!

mark82

We need to stop getting hung up on what individual players earn. If we want to sign players based on wages we should continue signing players like DaCosta. We're in the Championship now and will have to pay appropriately.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Dabo has always looked out of place at CB. If he wanted cover for CB (we have got Fadz, Hyam, JCS, Rose and Pask, as well as Drysdale, plus Sheaf and Eccles have filled in there as well) why not just get someone who is a CB?

I can only imagine Kane is here as a versatile back-up to our first choices (though exactly how versatile he is seems to be up for debate). Even then is he going to be happy in that role? I guess MR doesn't think Dacosta is going to improve and Reid isn't at the level we'd like him to be to cover LWB.

Ccfcisparks

On what basis?
History of being a divisive character which is putting it lightly. Not good enough to even be given a squad number in a fellow championship team. On a downward curve in his career. Never played in the positions we want him for.

procdoc

Still a weird signing. Won’t be cheap and plays where one of our best players does who is two years younger.

Have a day off for fuck sake 😂

PVA

So the QPR fan/reporter has made up that Kane has played left back?

I don't know. There is absolutely zero record or mention of him playing left back for QPR anywhere on the Internet though.

He did play there for Hull.

lord_garrincha

Anyways... Who else are we signing???

I turn Sky Sports News on, only to be 'welcomed' by the rent-a-gob Posh owner, & those 2 smug cunts who know nothing and the only time they have kicked a ball resulted in them breaking a toe!

Turned off within 10 seconds

fernandopartridge

If Dabo (as he has a dozen times in the last couple of years) gets injured, who is going to play in his position?

Last edited:

fatso

Atrocious signing on the face of it
Wtf!
He's an experienced player at this level, can potentially cover 2 or 3 positions, and we got him for little money (or free?)
We have no cover at LWB and only DaCosta as RWB cover, who looks out of his depth,
so he is a logical addition to the squad.

If Dabo gets injured again, who would you want to replace him?

Briles

Anybody who thinks they "know" who this player is and what he will bring to the team is a moron. Nobody fking knows so shh.

Ccfcisparks

Wtf!
He's an experienced player at this level, can potentially cover 2 or 3 positions, and we got him for little money (or free?)
We have no cover at LWB and only DaCosta as RWB cover, who looks out of his depth,
so he is a logical addition to the squad.

If Dabo gets injured again, who would you want to replace him?
By your logic there he’s also cover for Hamer, Hyam, Godden and O’Hare.

Users who are viewing this thread