Todd Kane (2 Viewers)

PVA

Wtf!
He's an experienced player at this level, can potentially cover 2 or 3 positions, and we got him for little money (or free?)
We have no cover at LWB and only DaCosta as RWB cover, who looks out of his depth,
so he is a logical addition to the squad.

If Dabo gets injured again, who would you want to replace him?

You're right we have no cover at LWB... so signing a bloke who's played 95% of his career at right back seems an odd move.

At RWB we had Dabo, Dacosta, Pask
At LWB we had Maatsen

I know which position I'd have strengthened.

I'm sure Kane is a good player and hope he does well. I'd just rather we signed an out and out LWB that's all.

Last edited:

PVA

UDUTiuuoWTA1.gif

shmmeee

If Dabo (has he has a dozen times in the last couple of years) gets injured, who is going to play in his position?

The backup right wingback we signed last year?

If Maatsen, Moore, McFadzean, Clarke-Salter, Sheaf, Hamer or O’Hare get injured who do we play?

And Dabo has had one injury that took 18 months to recover from, same as Rose.

procdoc

You're right we have no cover at LWB... so signing a bloke who's played 95% of his career at right back seems an odd move.

At RWB we had Dabo, Dacosta, Pask
At LWB we had Maatsen

I know which position I'd have strengthened.

I'm sure Kane is a good player and hope he does well. I'd just rather we signed an out and out LWB that's all.
We’re trying to fuck Pask off as he’s not up to it and Dacosta is an absolute liability

PVA

We’re trying to fuck Pask off as he’s not up to it and Dacosta is an absolute liability

Don't get me wrong I don't rate either of them. But with them we were stronger at RWB than LWB.

And with the Kane signing we're still stronger at RWB than LWB.

fatso

By your logic there he’s also cover for Hamer, Hyam, Godden and O’Hare.
Not at all, dont get your logic there.
He's a defender, I'm sure we would have gone for a LWB, if a free agent with Todd's type of experience was available, but in the absence of one, and knowing Todd was being let go, what do we do, seize the opportunity or do nothing?
I'd be happy to have him on the bench.

shmmeee

Not at all, dont get your logic there.
He's a defender, I'm sure we would have gone for a LWB, if a free agent with Todd's type of experience was available, but in the absence of one, and knowing Todd was being let go, what do we do, seize the opportunity or do nothing?
I'd be happy to have him on the bench.

He wasn’t free, we paid a fee for him according to the offal

Users who are viewing this thread