Todd Kane (2 Viewers)

PVA

Well it’s been said he can play RWB/LWB and CB also midfield I believe. Similar to Cranie apparently

He has not played a professional game at CB and has played about 6 games at LWB or LM.

The vast majority of his games have been at right back, with some at RWB last season for QPR.

SBAndy

In fairness(!) I wouldn’t really want someone - maybe sub keeper aside - who was happy to sit on the bench. But you can’t be having the attitude that has evidently shown.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Whether you rate Dacosta and Pask or not, compared to LWB it's much stronger. That is just a fact - we only have one LWB.

It might be strong in terms of actually having bodies there but it seriously lacks quality, apart from Dabo. Regardless of Kane's alleged attitude issues he provides experience and has a decent pedigree. LWB is an issue that is in needs of solving but as I previously stated we aren't just going to bring in any old player for the sake of it. Equally, Robins would just have the same issue as he had last season with Giles. We can't bring in an outright LWB on loan if they're not going to play, the parent club just wouldn't allow that.

Robins therefore has had to assess who's available that could actually make a meaningful contribution to the team - perhaps his best candidate was Kane.

Last edited:

procdoc

I’m confused, would people be happier if he said “I don’t mind being a sub, I’m just happy to be involved. I’ll even fill the water bottles up”
If a player says he wants to be playing then that’s a good attitude to have, shows belief and confidence

Liquid Gold

I’m confused, would people be happier if he said “I don’t mind being a sub, I’m just happy to be involved. I’ll even fill the water bottles up”
If a player says he wants to be playing then that’s a good attitude to have, shows belief and confidence
I would prefer he got his head down, trained and forced his way back into the picture like so many players do instead of going public with it and undermining his manager while calling out his teammates.

shmmeee

Isn’t that why everyone loved Max?

Reactions: COV

hitmanhearns

In fairness(!) I wouldn’t really want someone - maybe sub keeper aside - who was happy to sit on the bench. But you can’t be having the attitude that has evidently shown.
What attitude?
He thinks hes better than his current RB competition but 'has to take it on the chin' as he says, part of the game. Doesnt mean he has to like it.

Problem was he let it slip out in an interview.
Surely we cant afford to say no to quality because of a slip up?
This is basically a bargain for us because of Qpr's political correctness.

shmmeee

I didn’t love Max

I think squad cohesion has been an important element of the rise under Robins thiugh. Players like Max and Baka, recently Allen as well who have got their head down and not moaned about being out of the side contribute to a squad ethos which is a massive strength for us. Some guy who thinks he’s better than everyone else and runs to the media to shout about it can upset that. Same as Brights antics can.

TomRad85

I think squad cohesion has been an important element of the rise under Robins thiugh. Players like Max and Baka, recently Allen as well who have got their head down and not moaned about being out of the side contribute to a squad ethos which is a massive strength for us. Some guy who thinks he’s better than everyone else and runs to the media to shout about it can upset that. Same as Brights antics can.
At Championship level we want a squad of people who could step into first 11 and not significantly weaken it. The days of Max and Baka are done, time to look forward.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

better days

I think Robins and Viveash wants someone in who will be a starter not cover... if they can.
Kane has fought his way into every team he has played for.

Competition in training, something that makes the team better.

He's cheap because of the suspension.
For the same money we are just gonna get lower quality whos gonna clean Maatsens boots at LWB. Suddenly we have one a player competing for 2 or 3 spots every session.

Could be a steal.
I don't think it's the suspension that's the problem at QPR
It's more that he's publicly said that he's better than the guy the manager is picking ahead of him
Virtually all managers would bomb a player out for that or they would lose all their authority
Great ID name BTW 🤣

slowpoke

If this Todd deal happens and some leave thinking Pask Shipley perhaps maybe others too do you think Robins could bring in another midfielder has said he would like one.
Shipley going would leave a bit of a gap left side midfield.

PVA

If this Todd deal happens and some leave thinking Pask Shipley perhaps maybe others too do you think Robins could bring in another midfielder has said he would like one.

We don't play with a left midfielder though so if Shipley leaves it'd be one less player for the AM slot but given he's not played yet I don't think he'd be much of a miss.

shmmeee

At Championship level we want a squad of people who could step into first 11 and not significantly weaken it. The days of Max and Baka are done, time to look forward.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Not about their ability, about their mentality. We play with a settled side and those that come in as backup need to accept the managers decision and resolve to work harder to get into the team. Like Allen has done for example. Or in Max’s case need to be ready should an injury crisis hit us.

I can’t see Kane coming straight into the side from what I’ve read about him and how the current squad lines up. It’s a real problem when we’re trying to renovate an entire squad, I get that. We can’t afford to be poaching younger players from lower down like we should be and can’t afford to be paying Championship wages for reserves, and can’t afford to buy in ready made quality that will go straight into the side and make current starters reserves so something has to give.

Reactions: PVA

Northeast sky blue

Hopefully whoever leaves would be replaced by better

Just a couple of points on Todd Kane.
Decent player but IMO never really accepted by supporters as he’s ex Chelsea.
Never played in any other positions at QPR other than RB or WB
A little inconsistent at times with some of his crossing but would credit him for 5 major assists last season and gets Into plenty of good goal scoring positions..would guess he scored 2 or 3 last season.
Excellent fitness levels and a decent turn of pace but loses concentration and has an error in him defensively.
Im expecting a very entertaining game tomorrow and it could go either way.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not about their ability, about their mentality. We play with a settled side and those that come in as backup need to accept the managers decision and resolve to work harder to get into the team. Like Allen has done for example. Or in Max’s case need to be ready should an injury crisis hit us.

I can’t see Kane coming straight into the side from what I’ve read about him and how the current squad lines up. It’s a real problem when we’re trying to renovate an entire squad, I get that. We can’t afford to be poaching younger players from lower down like we should be and can’t afford to be paying Championship wages for reserves, and can’t afford to buy in ready made quality that will go straight into the side so something has to give.

One of the few ways we can get established players at this level is if they're getting bombed out for non-footballing reasons. If we can get him back on track I'm not overly bothered how we've done it

shmmeee

Just a couple of points on Todd Kane.
Decent player but IMO never really accepted by supporters as he’s ex Chelsea.
Never played in any other positions at QPR other than RB or WB
A little inconsistent at times with some of his crossing but would credit him for 5 major assists last season and gets Into plenty of good goal scoring positions..would guess he scored 2 or 3 last season.
Excellent fitness levels and a decent turn of pace but loses concentration and has an error in him defensively.
Im expecting a very entertaining game tomorrow and it could go either way.

Thanks for that. He’s be expected to cover LWB as well I’d guess as we only have one in the squad, is that likely?

Looking forward to tomorrow, we look a much better side than last year but haven’t played anyone decent yet so you’re going to be our first proper test. Could go either way :D

Perryccfc

I have QPR mate who reckons he’s okay, which one do you believe ?

Mine never actually mentioned his ability. Just said the above.

And Grendel I don’t dispute that at all, fully agree. But I would expect AV would have given Robins a character assessment given his recent history, was more the point I was getting at.

It would be very difficult to suggest he can play on the left side as he’s never played in that position for QPR.

Some fans suggest that he may be better suited on the right of M/F as he has a good engine.

Warburton has said tomorrows game will be our toughest test so far this season which I agree with.

Liquid Gold

It would be very difficult to suggest he can play on the left side as he’s never played in that position for QPR.

Some fans suggest that he may be better suited on the right of M/F as he has a good engine.

Warburton has said tomorrows game will be our toughest test so far this season which I agree with.
Sorry mate, you're completely incorrect.

Some of our fans who had never heard of him before Tuesday have said he plays all across the backline. I know who I trust.

Sky Blue Pete

Interesting robins asked about loan and he said nothing happening at the moment. Is he cute enough not to answer if he’s not asked directly? I think so

Users who are viewing this thread