Time to be heard (4 Viewers)

Otis

What like shirt sponsors, ticketmaster, just sport etc? That seems fine.

Wasps stopped talking about the Ricoh rent way before the Higgs stuff. Ironically probably around the same time CSF Stopped talking about the academy.
I am just suggesting what some people perceive.

Otis

They probably do. Why is that?

Also you mention the one common denominator, almost as if there isn't huge links between Wasps / CSF and CCC.
I mean denominator in terms of non agreement and fall out.

Nick

Administrator
I mean denominator in terms of non agreement and fall out.

Have a look at it from the other side..

Wasps stop talking about Ricoh, CSF stop talking about Higgs...Wasps move to Higgs..

CSF working with Wasps to help them move to Coventry and to integrate with the city (before they were even here).

albatross

What like shirt sponsors, ticketmaster, just sport etc? That seems fine.

Wasps stopped talking about the Ricoh rent way before the Higgs stuff. Ironically probably around the same time CSF Stopped talking about the academy.

CCC have the responsibility of running a City and all that entails not a football club
CSF are looking to run sustainable sports facilities for the city not a football club
WASPS have the responsibility of running their rugby club not a football club
ACL have the responsibility of running the RIOCOH successfully not a football club.

SISU / Otium or who ever have the responsibility of running CCFC ..so our football club for now. If they are difficult and threatening court action etc then how far up everyones else priority list should they be given the way they have behaved and all the others involved are ultimately responsible for other things.

Nick

Administrator
CCC have the responsibility of running a City and all that entails not a football club
CSF are looking to run sustainable sports facilities for the city not a football club
WASPS have the responsibility of running their rugby club not a football club
ACL have the responsibility of running the RIOCOH successfully not a football club.

SISU / Otium or who ever have the responsibility of running CCFC ..so our football club for now. If they are difficult and threatening court action etc then how far up everyones else priority list should they be given the way they have behaved and all the others involved are ultimately responsible for other things.

Yes, but I think the point you are missing is.

1. CSF own our academy.
2. Wasps own our stadium.

Do people really not see how other parties can impact the football club?

We have already seen what happened when CCFC tried to look at doing something at the Butts haven't we? So I would probably guess if a magic stadium and academy does popup, that would be outside of Coventry.

albatross

Yes, but I think the point you are missing is.

1. CSF own our academy.
2. Wasps own our stadium.

Do people really not see how other parties can impact the football club?

We have already seen what happened when CCFC tried to look at doing something at the Butts haven't we? So I would probably guess if a magic stadium and academy does popup, that would be outside of Coventry.

No they don't they both own premises that CCFC can rent or lease.

Not engaging in meaningful dialogue with the owners of facilities that we need will only end badly for the club especially now that neither of sites really rely on CCFC as an anchor tennant or core income.

Nick

Administrator
No they don't they both own premises that CCFC can rent or lease.

Not engaging in meaningful dialogue with the owners of facilities that we need will only end badly for the club especially now that neither of sites really rely on CCFC as an anchor tennant or core income.

They can only be rented or leased if they want them to be rented or leased doesn't it?

What happens (I dont think this will happen, its extreme) if Wasps say they want 5m a year rent money but we would get the 5% of food revenue and no other matchday revenue? What happens if CSF we can use their academy pitches at silly money?

You do realise at the minute, Wasps won't talk to the club about the Ricoh, CSF refused to talk to the club about the higgs before Wasps?

Then we have CCC, who would obviously go out of their way to prevent any sort of move within Coventry and make life as difficult as possible.

Can people really not see how much they can and are damaging the club? Even if SISU walked out tomorrow, we are still groundless without an academy

ccfc1234

Write to the planning committee? The planning committee has already met. It's been done. Holding banners outside the planning office isn't going to make a blind jot of difference.

Time for CCFC to move on.

What would you suggest as a course of action? Its not signed and sealed yet -

clint van damme

I think things would be different for teh City of Coventry if we had not had this Council for the past 30 years or so but I do not see them going
we'd have a lucrative slice of the NEC pie for a start and we wouldn't be turning companies away from the city because they can't find the right type of industrial units to set up shop in Coventry.

SkyBlueRuffian

Guys and Girls the time has come to make our elected members hear our views. Today the professional body that represents us had caved in to wasps as we knew they would as Lucas has left a legacy of spite towards this club. However it will be the people elected by us the voters that will make the final decision. I worked in politics for a short while and one thing they will do is listen if there is enough noise. All CCFC fans for the sake of our future football starts born in this city protect our academy status. For this we need to do the following:

Engage all the local Councillors so this becomes and issue on their lips and the stir its creating with the electorate.

Man mark the planning committee and write them letters and asking for meeting to discuss your concerns

Make loads of noise in the local media

On the day make banners of hope to display outside the planning office

Apathy and pacifism looses this battle 1 letter or call from every reader of this post might get us somewhere. Please make you voice heard today.
Where do I sign?

Grendel

I am just suggesting what some people perceive.

Like wasps are happy to deal with CCFC but those legal actions just get in the way?

dongonzalos

Have a look at it from the other side..

Wasps stop talking about Ricoh, CSF stop talking about Higgs...Wasps move to Higgs..

CSF working with Wasps to help them move to Coventry and to integrate with the city (before they were even here).

The problem is there is always someone else to blame.

We tried to buy ACL they way we went about it caused the deal to fail.
Part of the way we went about it was to pretend (IMO) that we were going to build our own stadium, academy and training centre.

The other parties involved all got the hump with the way we do business and found another buyer.

We are now playing the victim and saying they are all ganging up on us.

It's a bag of shut because me and you and every other Cov fan and the club itself gets shafted because the people we need to do business with have either had enough abd are punishing us or just don't trust us.

This all stems to the way we went about our business

Rent strikes, moving out, saying we are never coming back, building our own. Legal action.
Coming back but only temporary whikst we build our own
More legal action.
When an alternative comes on the horizon "actually we want to stay we are the victim"
We want to stay but we still have a plan b it's a stadium and an academy.

Because of all of the above SISU carry a bigger chunk of the blame.

We have to be responsible for a our own actions.

So it's time for that Plan B if we can't get on or work with anyone else let's go it alone like we keep threatening to

Users who are viewing this thread