Time to be heard (1 Viewer)

Samo

I think WASPS are refusing to play silly games . Its SISU who are issuing the threats , but who are they threatening? WASPS? I think not. Its the supporters of CCFC that care that are being threatened and the very future of our club is being dismantled in front of out eyes and many look to blame everybody else.

CCFC, CSF, WASPS et al are nor responsible for CCFC . Our owners are and the FA sanction that responsibility with the Golden share. Are you telling me that you believe they have done their best by the club, looked for positive solutions and we are facing a glorious future under their stewardship?

I know that ultimately all on here care for CCFC but I cannot see how they have been a force for good for CCFC or the city of Coventry. (BTW I am not questioning your passion for the club , but we obviously see this very differently)

Oh please... you do know Wasps are also owned by a hedge-fund right? They are every bit as likely to play hard ball and seem intent on fucking our club into the dust. They are certainly no better than our lot. The unpalatable question at the moment is; who would you like to win? Their cunts or ours?

Hobo

Oh please... you do know Wasps are also owned by a hedge-fund right? They are every bit as likely to play hard ball and seem intent on fucking our club into the dust. They are certainly no better than our lot. The unpalatable question at the moment is; who would you like to win? Their cunts or ours?

Samo you can see it like that and you are right to put them in the same bracket. But one seems to have a game plan and can attract investors and the other seems to continually flounder.

Samo

Samo you can see it like that and you are right to put them in the same bracket. But one seems to have a game plan and can attract investors and the other seems to continually flounder.

Well at least we are used to backing the lame duck. :(

Otis

The Op raised some good arguments and ideas - you haven't addressed any just some comment saying we should say we intend to stay somewhere we have been banned from negotiating about.

Answer this very hypothetical question. If we were able to build a 25,000 stadium in Balsall Common would you think "great we can say goodbye to wasps" or not?
Yep, course I would.

Silly question.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You're right, but one is our club and one isn't.

People should be backing the club regardless. I find it amazing how people are almost cool with Wasps assisting taking the club apart 'just to get one over on SISU'.

Nick

Administrator

People should be backing the club regardless. I find it amazing how people are almost cool with Wasps assisting taking the club apart 'just to get one over on SISU'.

Exactly. People are saying back CCFC, not cheer if SISU do something on the stock market!

Samo

What he said.

Captain Dart

No Nick wake up, Wasps haven't limited us SISU have. SISU came in with no plan for long term investment and structure. They saw an opportunity for quick promotion and get out.

Wasps are actually looking to build a base and a future. I don't think they should be here, but they are. I believe they will be here for a long time and a successful time.

That leaves SISU with a clear choice, get on board and bring goods to the table or invest and plough their own furrow. Since SISU have been here Coventry and Warwick Universities have been expanding. They have been tenants at Higgs.....Woodlands school site is available...plenty of opportunity has been there. SISU get on with it, because Wasps are!!

If SISU want a stadium they have to get on board with a really big investor, one of these Chinese super rich for example. But they've got nowhere on any front, its been mistake after mistake.

Originally I wanted them to be competent and get promotion, they soon pulled out of that one.
Then I thought they could make the club break even and sell to another investor, but they struggled with every aspect.
I fully agreed the £1.3M rent was way too high, but when they went to Northampton they lost me and let Wasps in.
Since then its been serial strategy statements that meant nothing and court case after court case.
I'm totally fed up of it.

skybluetony176

It's a great post but Tony would rather focus on what Tim Fisher said and Italia wants to watch Wasps.

I pointed out what TF DIDN'T say not what he did say. The usual suspects then focused on defending him.

I naturally support what the OP has said. It is time to use our voice. I've already put pen to paper so to speak on the academy and are happy to do it again. Let's not do a Tim though and make sure that the message has some relevance.

Hobo

I do back the club. But don't resort to just slagging off the competitor. That won't resolve our situation. Until SISU decide on what really is their most viable business plan and invest in it (managerially and financially) we will continue to roam in the fog of uncertainty.

skybluetony176

That needs to be the stance. Sisu saying they want CCFC to stay here and they do not want to move the club .

They really don't help us to help the club. I have and will continue be happy to write to whoever, sign whatever petition go on whatever march or whatever it takes for the club to remain in Coventry and the academy to be saved. People need to be realistic though. The only way the academy is going to remain in it's current guise is by working with other's and we need to force all parties to persue that through whatever form of communication without excuse. The only way the club is going to remain in Coventry or the immediate area is a long-term deal at the Ricoh, the only other option is a ground share again and we all know how that's going to work out. So again we need to force all parties to persue that through whatever form of communication without excuse.

The fact is we aren't ever going to build anything under SISU's ownership so them continually making hollow threats to do something that they're never going to do (with the exception of a ground share many miles away) gives them no credibility and undermines any fight we try to make to get all parties to the best they can by CCFC.

skybluetony176

They're not going to do that it's now in the fans hands. Personally if I can show disdain re city fans going into SIxfields I can show an awfull lot worse to people going into the Ricoh on a sunday

I think a peaceful front from the fans outside wasps home games with a clear and concise message of what we expect them to do for CCFC is a logical step. I'm assuming that's the sort of thing you have in mind most likely with some encouraging messages for CCFC fans to boycott Wasp games.

If that's the case, I won't be joining you this Sunday (I assume that they're playing at home this Sunday) as I will be getting ready for me holidays but gladly join you when I get back whenever I can.

ccfctommy

Guys and Girls the time has come to make our elected members hear our views. Today the professional body that represents us had caved in to wasps as we knew they would as Lucas has left a legacy of spite towards this club. However it will be the people elected by us the voters that will make the final decision. I worked in politics for a short while and one thing they will do is listen if there is enough noise. All CCFC fans for the sake of our future football starts born in this city protect our academy status. For this we need to do the following:

Engage all the local Councillors so this becomes and issue on their lips and the stir its creating with the electorate.

Man mark the planning committee and write them letters and asking for meeting to discuss your concerns

Make loads of noise in the local media

On the day make banners of hope to display outside the planning office

Apathy and pacifism looses this battle 1 letter or call from every reader of this post might get us somewhere. Please make you voice heard today.

Write to the planning committee? The planning committee has already met. It's been done. Holding banners outside the planning office isn't going to make a blind jot of difference.

Time for CCFC to move on.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I think a peaceful front from the fans outside wasps home games with a clear and concise message of what we expect them to do for CCFC is a logical step. I'm assuming that's the sort of thing you have in mind most likely with some encouraging messages for CCFC fans to boycott Wasp games.

If that's the case, I won't be joining you this Sunday (I assume that they're playing at home this Sunday) as I will be getting ready for me holidays but gladly join you when I get back whenever I can.
Actually don't know when their first game is hope it's not this Sunday its sky ride this sunday

italiahorse

The football club could do everything humanely possible to convince us that they are in the ricoh and higgs for the long term, they could have all the facts and evidence known to man and do an 8 hour presentation on how they are comitted.

All the other parties have to do is a 5 second press release with no foundations to it and say well last week the football club told us they wanted to leave and people would be up in arms.

Sorry. but what is our actual plan ?

letsallsingtogether

It would be better if SISU put something positive forward that the fans could believe in and support
No we have already asked them to do that and we have even told then we would protest on their behalf.
We were turned down on both counts this is now us verses the world.

Trumpet has been dusted down just hope Brighton skyblue is not to close he might not like the din ;)

Nick

Administrator
No we have already asked them to do that and we have even told then we would protest on their behalf.
We were turned down on both counts this is now us verses the world.

Trumpet has been dusted down just hope Brighton skyblue is not to close he might not like the din ;)

Did they say why they didn't want you to protest on their support? Well, CCFC's support unless you were going to start shouting We Love SISU ;)

letsallsingtogether

Did they say why they didn't want you to protest on their support? Well, CCFC's support unless you were going to start shouting We Love SISU ;)
No we said we would protest outside the council house, Higgs etc and asked them to write an open letter about the problems they were having re the academy fiasco well nether have been done so their is your answer.
Now they refuse to talk to us so make up your own mind.

Nick

Administrator
No we said we would protest outside the council house, Higgs etc and asked them to write an open letter about the problems they were having re the academy fiasco well nether have been done so their is your answer.
Now they refuse to talk to us so make up your own mind.

Thing is, I can see why they wouldn't talk to the trust. (I include you and BHSB in with the trust and I guess that they would as well).

I'd bet they would love nothing more than the fans to turn against Higgs and Wasps and have things like the March against them. I doubt they would ever ask (I am not sure how it would look if CCFC were asking loads of fans to go and protest outside the council house). Even then, if you are protesting outside higgs etc it doesn't mean CCFC should get complacent and try to play it like Wasps do. They should be getting their fair of the shit as well, calling them out on their statements.

Users who are viewing this thread