Time to be heard (1 Viewer)

Ryan James

I'm finally joined after having a nightmare trying to sign up! This whole council v sisu is ruining our once proud club. We never gave up getting the City back to the Ricoh after Sisu's genius idea of moving us to sixfields It's time we fought to keep our academy just like we fought to bring us home. No academy = no future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I'm finally joined after having a nightmare trying to sign up! This whole council v sisu is ruining our once proud club. We never gave up getting the City back to the Ricoh after Sisu's genius idea of moving us to sixfields It's time we fought to keep our academy just like we fought to bring us home. No academy = no future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can I ask what the problem was?

Warwickhunt

All ccfc fans should boycott wasps.....they won't though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That would sort the wasp's out! They moved on a gamble that the London fan base that they lost would be picked up by local people attending the games

Warwickhunt

I wrote to each of the councillors on the comitee before the Thursday debacle and got personal responses from 3 of them, I now know which councillors I will not be voting for come the next elections

Otis

The only way Wasps will leave is if the people of Coventry don't embrace Wasps.

Wouldn't hold my breath though. Too many people out there with no scruples.

letsallsingtogether

You say no scrupples but most don't care about football...
Just like most City fans wouldn't have and sill wouldnt cared if Cov went under...
I for one have followed both Coventry Sides for over 40 years, but all you got on here was comments like egg chasers shows that they only want CRFC support when it involves their team, where would they be if The local Rugby team needed them.
so when you talk about scrupples look around you at the next home game.
PUSB

letsallsingtogether

Oh please... you do know Wasps are also owned by a hedge-fund right? They are every bit as likely to play hard ball and seem intent on fucking our club into the dust. They are certainly no better than our lot. The unpalatable question at the moment is; who would you like to win? Their cunts or ours?
Maye it is a hedge fund conspiracy to kill off football in this City.
One couldn't do it so they have joined forces:)

Otis

You say no scrupples but most don't care about football...
Just like most City fans wouldn't have and sill wouldnt cared if Cov went under...
I for one have followed both Coventry Sides for over 40 years, but all you got on here was comments like egg chasers shows that they only want CRFC support when it involves their team, where would they be if The local Rugby team needed them.
so when you talk about scrupples look around you at the next home game.
PUSB
Doesn't matter if they don't care about football does it?

To me this is a no brainer from the simple fact someone has just upped sticks and moved a whole club 60 miles away and 90 miles away from its original home.

People get up in arms when a company moves and employees are asked to move miles away with them.

I know it is not at all on the same scale or comparable on a number of levels and it is just a sporting club, but people should be against it because it is simply wrong.

My mum hates sport, but when I told her that Wasps were moving here (but City would still be at the Ricoh too), she said that's not right. They shouldn't be able to do that should they? It's not right.

Don't think this is about football fans and non football fans and rugby fans, it is about setting dangerous precedents in allowing this sort of thing to happen.

letsallsingtogether

Thing is, I can see why they wouldn't talk to the trust. (I include you and BHSB in with the trust and I guess that they would as well).

I'd bet they would love nothing more than the fans to turn against Higgs and Wasps and have things like the March against them. I doubt they would ever ask (I am not sure how it would look if CCFC were asking loads of fans to go and protest outside the council house). Even then, if you are protesting outside higgs etc it doesn't mean CCFC should get complacent and try to play it like Wasps do. They should be getting their fair of the shit as well, calling them out on their statements.
We have offered numerous times to help the Club.
All we have asked for in return is that they ask the fans for help in an open letter explaining the situation the club is facing so as to help with getting more on board,this has always been rejected.
These offers have been put to TF, SW, and CA.
We are still waiting and the offer is still there.
PUSB

letsallsingtogether

To me this is a no brainer from the simple fact someone has just upped sticks and moved a whole club 60 miles away and 90 miles away from its original home.

People get up in arms when a company moves and employees are asked to move miles away with them.

I know it is not at all on the same scale or comparable on a number of levels and it is just a sporting club, but people should be against it because it is simply wrong.

My mum hates sport, but when I told her that Wasps were moving here (but City would still be at the Ricoh too), she said that's not right. They shouldn't be able to do that should they? It's not right.

Don't think this is about football fans and non football fans and rugby fans, it is about setting dangerous precedents in allowing this sort of thing to happen.
All I am saying is that if it was the Rugger team this had happened to you would not be debating it and honestly most wouldn't care.

Otis

I hate speedway, but if another club moved here from London I wouldn't be at all happy about it because it would be wrong.

Don't like basketball either or netball, amongst many other sports, but I would still be saying it is wrong if any club moved to here or indeed from here and I would also emphasise with the fans of clubs involved in such moves.

I have never been to Cov, but I do care about them and the history they have with this city.

letsallsingtogether

I hate speedway, but if another club moved here from London I wouldn't be at all happy about it because it would be wrong.

Don't like basketball either or netball, amongst many other sports, but I would still be saying it is wrong if any club moved to here or indeed from here and I would also emphasise with the fans of clubs involved in such moves.

I have never been to Cov, but I do care about them and the history they have with this city.
But we cant get anyone to turn up for anything as it is all we get is the likes of you and the others on here moaning but can't be bothered to get off their arses.
They write emails and letters and rub their hands in glee where has it got us nowhere.
Gret off your arses and fight this make it load make it heard then maybe just maybe we will have a chance but we need more then just the handful we can rely on.

rupert_bear

I think the belief loads of City fans go to Wasps rugger also is big mistake, I doubt out of our 10K gate more than a 100 go rugby as well and there are plenty rugby fans who don't watch footie. As for the OP, direct action will be the only thing that will register i'm certain it will come to that eventually, especially when it comes to where we play our home games in a couple of years time.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I think the belief loads of City fans go to Wasps rugger also is big mistake, I doubt out of our 10K gate more than a 100 go rugby as well and there are plenty rugby fans who don't watch footie. As for the OP, direct action will be the only thing that will register i'm certain it will come to that eventually, especially when it comes to where we play our home games in a couple of years time.
You would be surprised how many go near to where we sit there are six young lads who go to every CCFC and wasps home games.
Action is needed but in numbers as I have already said we are on our own now,so to all on here do you want a football club or not? It's that simple

italiahorse

It's not about scruples for most attending a Wasps match though.
It's a good afternoon out for families especially. It tends to be more of a full day with pre match and post match entertainment.
Never been to CRFC so can't say if it's the same there.
Football tends to be more aggressive and tribal and from a club/police point of view it's tends to be 'get them in late and get them out quick'.
Particularly at away games where segregation is a necessary evil.

italiahorse

You would be surprised how many go near to where we sit there are six young lads who go to every CCFC and wasps home games.
Action is needed but in numbers as I have already said we are on our own now,so to all on here do you want a football club or not? It's that simple

As I asked before.
What is the Sisu long term plan for us ?
Waste of time fighting for the stadium and academy if Sisu don't want to give them a long term commitment or investment.
We seem to be running an academy on the back of other peoples facilities. Not sure how we actually maintain the current academy status.
It seems to me as though we could actually hire off Higgs/CSF (as we do now) /Wasps and maintain the status with a little bit of planning and if we have the desire.
All seems a bit airy fairy to me and fans need a bit of leadership.

rupert_bear

There is no evidence to me sisu have any meaningful plans to enhance ccfc, the academy issue isn't unsurmountable, and we have a massive issue on the horizon re where we play our home games in a couple of seasons time. The way they are currently running the club beggers questions on how they can operate in the championship financially let alone the Premiership. Players are now moving in the champlonship for multi millions of pounds and wages will be thousands a week. Beggers another question do sisu really want promotion ? Hence the arrival of Chris Anderson last Christmas !!

Otis

It's not about scruples for most attending a Wasps match though.
It's a good afternoon out for families especially. It tends to be more of a full day with pre match and post match entertainment.
Never been to CRFC so can't say if it's the same there.
Football tends to be more aggressive and tribal and from a club/police point of view it's tends to be 'get them in late and get them out quick'.
Particularly at away games where segregation is a necessary evil.
Depends if you accept it is okay for Wasps to be here in the first place, Italia.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

italiahorse

Depends if you accept it is okay for Wasps to be here in the first place, Italia.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

Again I see it from a business point of view and understand why they are here.
Never understood the franchise argument after all I take the Grandkids to McDonalds.

Sterling Archer

Never understood the franchise argument after all I take the Grandkids to McDonalds.
I actually don't know what's worse. The comparison of a sports club with a fast food franchise or the fact you're using this quite frankly terrible analogy to justify and validate your point.

Utterly baffling.

Captain Dart

I actually don't know what's worse. The comparison of a sports club with a fast food franchise or the fact you're using this quite frankly terrible analogy to justify and validate your point.

Utterly baffling.

Well I'm lovin' it. :rolleyes:

clint van damme

so you're comparing purchasing fast food to moving a sports team away from it's home?
I hope they piss in your McFlurry!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

As I asked before.
Waste of time fighting for the stadium and academy if Sisu don't want to give them a long term commitment or investment.
We seem to be running an academy on the back of other peoples facilities. Not sure how we actually maintain the current academy status.
It seems to me as though we could actually hire off Higgs/CSF (as we do now) /Wasps and maintain the status with a little bit of planning and if we have the desire.
As I asked before.
1 you're not going to get leadership from SISU
2 SISU long term plan,they haven't got any type of plan never mind long term
3 you're not going to get anything from Wasps
4 you're not going to get anything from Higgs/CSF
5 you're not going to get anything from CCC the others I can vaguely understand but this is the most hurtful of all
So while you're waiting for long term plans and leadership the Academy goes and then the club but never mind your car park will do wonders. But just remember to get out of a car park you have get in first

shmmeee

Something like 95% of people in the City couldn't give a shiny shite about CCFC.

Fucks sake, so pathetic that we run around spitting venom at everyone, our own fans, other sports, citizens of the City, whoever, because we're not getting our own way. So quick to call everyone out as a lesser person because they don't think the same things are important as you or don't think the methods you choose are right.

This place reminds me of the Labour forums I go on, just two entrenched sides bickering while Rome burns.

I blame the Internet.

Users who are viewing this thread