Time to be heard (1 Viewer)

ccfc1234

Guys and Girls the time has come to make our elected members hear our views. Today the professional body that represents us had caved in to wasps as we knew they would as Lucas has left a legacy of spite towards this club. However it will be the people elected by us the voters that will make the final decision. I worked in politics for a short while and one thing they will do is listen if there is enough noise. All CCFC fans for the sake of our future football starts born in this city protect our academy status. For this we need to do the following:

Engage all the local Councillors so this becomes and issue on their lips and the stir its creating with the electorate.

Man mark the planning committee and write them letters and asking for meeting to discuss your concerns

Make loads of noise in the local media

On the day make banners of hope to display outside the planning office

Apathy and pacifism looses this battle 1 letter or call from every reader of this post might get us somewhere. Please make you voice heard today.

chiefdave

The primary goals should be saving the academy and ensuring we have somewhere to play. That requires pressure on all sides. Unfortunately that won't happen. As we saw recently the slightest sign of any pressure on any party apart from SISU and there's a quick bit of PR to get everyone looking at SISU again.

Grendel

It's a great post but Tony would rather focus on what Tim Fisher said and Italia wants to watch Wasps.

skybluebeduff

People on here won't do it, they'd rather sit on the internet and make 17 pages of absolute pointless debate with each other. Would be better to post this on the fans forum on Facebook where people are less up their own arse and willing to do more.

Nick

Administrator
The primary goals should be saving the academy and ensuring we have somewhere to play. That requires pressure on all sides. Unfortunately that won't happen. As we saw recently the slightest sign of any pressure on any party apart from SISU and there's a quick bit of PR to get everyone looking at SISU again.
Exactly.

Don't let any side off.

Treat everybody as if they are lying until they back it up.

Otis

Guys and Girls the time has come to make our elected members hear our views. Today the professional body that represents us had caved in to wasps as we knew they would as Lucas has left a legacy of spite towards this club. However it will be the people elected by us the voters that will make the final decision. I worked in politics for a short while and one thing they will do is listen if there is enough noise. All CCFC fans for the sake of our future football starts born in this city protect our academy status. For this we need to do the following:

Engage all the local Councillors so this becomes and issue on their lips and the stir its creating with the electorate.

Man mark the planning committee and write them letters and asking for meeting to discuss your concerns

Make loads of noise in the local media

On the day make banners of hope to display outside the planning office

Apathy and pacifism looses this battle 1 letter or call from every reader of this post might get us somewhere. Please make you voice heard today.
I agree, but it would help an awful lot if Sisu didn't keep saying that they want to move out from the Ricoh and the same too about the academy. Stuff like that just doesn't help at all. Especially when we know they have no intention of building a new stadium or a new academy.

I honestly think they would get so much more backing if they said we want to stay here long term but are being forced out. Would be a much better rallying call.

Too many people out there with the 'reap what you sow' analogy and our owners do shoot themselves in the foot.

The only way this will work is if we stop talking about Sisu and concentrate solely on the love of our football club. Put everything else to one side.

I know the likes of Grendel want us to move away and outside the city, but we will gather so much support if the tagline was to be along the lines of 'Coventry City IN Coventry!'

Focus on the club, not the owners. Hard task though.

I concur on the apathy front and just don't see it would get the backing.

Nick

Administrator
I agree, but it would help an awful lot if Sisu didn't keep saying that they want to move out from the Ricoh and the same too about the academy.

I honestly think they would get so much more backing if they said we want to stay here long term but are being forced out. Would be a much better rallying call.

Too many people out there with the 'reap what you sow' analogy and our owners do shoot themselves in the foot.

The only way this will work is if we stop talking about Sisu and concentrate solely on the love of our football club. Put everything else to one side.

I know the likes of Grendel want us to move away and outside the city, but we will gather so much support I'd the tagline was 'Coventry City IN Coventry!'

Focus on the club, not the owners. Hard task though.

I concur on the apathy front and just don't see it would get the backing.
I think they are now playing the we are being forced out line.

Thing is, wasps could openly state "screw ccfc" and people would see it as victory against sisu.

I've said all along, support ccfc and not sisu.

You only have to look.at threads about the old times and people getting on.. All about ccfc..

Otis

I think they are now playing the we are being forced out line.

Thing is, wasps could openly state "screw ccfc" and people would see it as victory against sisu.

I've said all along, support ccfc and not sisu.

You only have to look.at threads about the old times and people getting on.. All about ccfc..
It's the only way this would ever work.

Too many of us though would not accept Coventry City playing 10-20 miles away or even further.

We have to be IN the city or as bloody close to it as humanly possible.

Nick

Administrator
It's the only way this would ever work.

Too many of us though would not accept Coventry City playing 10-20 miles away or even further.

We have to be IN the city or as bloody close to it as humanly possible.
Well yes, it depends on the circumstances doesn't it? Move 15 miles while they build 2 miles away for example.

It would need to see what the situation was.

Thing is, too many wouldn't see wasps as kicking us out if they threw a "we are moving ccfc out" party.

Hobo

i agree but sadly a lot are blinded by their hatred of our owners

I agree too, but sadly our owners seem undecided on what they want and again are sending out mixed messages. It is hard to fully support them when they don't know what they want you to support.....Should I stay or should I go now??????

I find it alarming that they don't know how to professionally represent themselves at meetings and clearly state their case. Neither have I every come across an organisation that bleats so much about the actions of others. Either be a good tennant or plough your own furrow. SISU are responsible for the reputation they have cultivated.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I agree, but it would help an awful lot if Sisu didn't keep saying that they want to move out from the Ricoh and the same too about the academy. Stuff like that just doesn't help at all. Especially when we know they have no intention of building a new stadium or a new academy.

The football club could do everything humanely possible to convince us that they are in the ricoh and higgs for the long term, they could have all the facts and evidence known to man and do an 8 hour presentation on how they are comitted.

All the other parties have to do is a 5 second press release with no foundations to it and say well last week the football club told us they wanted to leave and people would be up in arms.

Otis

I agree too, but sadly our owners seem undecided on what they want and again are sending out mixed messages. It is hard to fully support them when they don't know what they want you to support.....Should I stay or should I go now??????

I find it alarming that they don't know how to professionally represent themselves at meetings and clearly state their case. Neither have I every come across an organisation that bleats so much about the actions of others. Either be a good tennant or plough your own furrow. SISU are responsible for the reputation they have cultivated.
Wholeheartedly agree.

Philosorapter

Shall we launch, 'The People's takeover of the Labour Party in Coventry'?

Nick

Administrator
The football club could do everything humanely possible to convince us that they are in the ricoh and higgs for the long term, they could have all the facts and evidence known to man and do an 8 hour presentation on how they are comitted.

All the other parties have to do is a 5 second press release with no foundations to it and say well last week the football club told us they wanted to leave and people would be up in arms.
You can see it with posts on here and how the poster changes :(

That wasps protest thread was a perfect example. People annoyed at wasps, until their press statement came out. "Door is open"

wince

Also the Friday phone in, maybe if everyone, every week asked the same five questions , and didn't let Eakin off the hook with I don't know ill ask(and they he never does) questions first should be , get some one from council planning on the show and also C A , usually hes says we have asked someone but they declined, everyone ask who did you ask and why wont they come on your show , then when they do come on the show every one keep to the same questions i.e why to sisu are you still here what are your plans,? and to the council , what right have you to help destroy 130 year old football club , you weren't elected for that , keep the questions almost the same , let them both make the headlines that can not be spun

Grendel

Spot on. People like Otis are a godsend to Wasps.

Nick

Administrator
We need those journalists who approach them in the street and follow them until they answer

Hobo

You can see it with posts on here and how the poster changes :(

That wasps protest thread was a perfect example. People annoyed at wasps, until their press statement came out. "Door is open"

It is no different to SISU saying we have opened the exit door. Both parties are working against each other rather than working as a union. That is SISU's style plus they haven't got any investment to bring to the table. The possibilities are massive for both clubs but unfortunately I still see SISU as the the fly in the ointment. They are perpetual stallers in negotiations.

I have resigned myself to supporting a League 1 club with a league 1 budget. Nothing wrong with that once you cut through the bullshit and get your head around it.

Nick

Administrator
It is no different to SISU saying we have opened the exit door. Both parties are working against each other rather than working as a union. That is SISU's style plus they haven't got any investment to bring to the table. The possibilities are massive for both clubs but unfortunately I still see SISU as the the fly in the ointment. They are perpetual stallers in negotiations.

I have resigned myself to supporting a League 1 club with a league 1 budget. Nothing wrong with that once you cut through the bullshit and get your hear around it.
I agree with the League 1 club and league 1 budget, that is just reality. We can't demand premier league signings.

What people struggle to see is how by Wasps being here we will always be limited.

albatross

Why are you letting SISU off scot free. Think we should petition the FA that they are unfit custodians of the club in our thousands. They don't seem to be able to do business with anyone, discuss anything or reach a working compromise with anyone. Today there was the first throw away line regarding our future at the Ricoh, where will they be taking us next?

The council will be governed by planning laws , the FA can decide if they are fit to hold the golden share

Nick

Administrator
Why are you letting SISU off scot free. Think we should petition the FA that they are unfit custodians of the club in our thousands. They don't seem to be able to do business with anyone, discuss anything or reach a working compromise with anyone. Today there was the first throw away line regarding our future at the Ricoh, where will they be taking us next?

The council will be governed by planning laws , the FA can decide if they are fit to hold the golden share

Do you really think today was the first throw away line regarding our future at the Ricoh? Where have you been? That has been at threat for ages!

You do realise it's Wasps refusing to negotiate...

Hobo

I agree with the League 1 club and league 1 budget, that is just reality. We can't demand premier league signings.

What people struggle to see is how by Wasps being here we will always be limited.

No Nick wake up, Wasps haven't limited us SISU have. SISU came in with no plan for long term investment and structure. They saw an opportunity for quick promotion and get out.

Wasps are actually looking to build a base and a future. I don't think they should be here, but they are. I believe they will be here for a long time and a successful time.

That leaves SISU with a clear choice, get on board and bring goods to the table or invest and plough their own furrow. Since SISU have been here Coventry and Warwick Universities have been expanding. They have been tenants at Higgs.....Woodlands school site is available...plenty of opportunity has been there. SISU get on with it, because Wasps are!!

albatross

Do you really think today was the first throw away line regarding our future at the Ricoh? Where have you been? That has been at threat for ages!

You do realise it's Wasps refusing to negotiate...

I think WASPS are refusing to play silly games . Its SISU who are issuing the threats , but who are they threatening? WASPS? I think not. Its the supporters of CCFC that care that are being threatened and the very future of our club is being dismantled in front of out eyes and many look to blame everybody else.

CCFC, CSF, WASPS et al are nor responsible for CCFC . Our owners are and the FA sanction that responsibility with the Golden share. Are you telling me that you believe they have done their best by the club, looked for positive solutions and we are facing a glorious future under their stewardship?

I know that ultimately all on here care for CCFC but I cannot see how they have been a force for good for CCFC or the city of Coventry. (BTW I am not questioning your passion for the club , but we obviously see this very differently)

SkyBlueZack

Some sort of protest/demonstration before next weeks home game? Council house midday, moving to the Ricoh? Now the season is starting any noise made before, during and after kick offs will be more widely reported?

Maybe outside Drapers too as that is Higgs owned? Swimming baths as it's CSF?

Just trying to think of ways of bringing all parties to task.

Grendel

Given they let a convicted rapist of a 16 year old be a fit and proper owner I think we can relegate your post to the rubbish bin.

Otis

Spot on. People like Otis are a godsend to Wasps.
Yawn, Zzzzzzzzzz!!! Pointless arguing with you. Even when I categorically tell you I don't fall for Wasps bullshit you just ignore what I say.

You just continue playing around in your own head. Have fun.

It's ridiculous. I take everything all sides say with a pinch of salt, always have done and will continue to do so.

Nick

Administrator
I think WASPS are refusing to play silly games . Its SISU who are issuing the threats , but who are they threatening? WASPS? I think not. Its the supporters of CCFC that care that are being threatened and the very future of our club is being dismantled in front of out eyes and many look to blame everybody else.

CCFC, CSF, WASPS et al are nor responsible for CCFC . Our owners are and the FA sanction that responsibility with the Golden share. Are you telling me that you believe they have done their best by the club, looked for positive solutions and we are facing a glorious future under their stewardship?

I know that ultimately all on here care for CCFC but I cannot see how they have been a force for good for CCFC or the city of Coventry. (BTW I am not questioning your passion for the club , but we obviously see this very differently)

Do you really think that Wasps aren't playing games though? Do you think CCC aren't playing games when they are trying to block anything at the Butts?

This is the whole "they are not responsible for CCFC" thing again. Do you really not see how much power and control CCC / CSF and Higgs have over CCFC? Since the day the Ricoh was sold to Wasps, it has meant that even if SISU go tomorrow then we are still at CSF / Wasps and CCC's control aren't we?

ps. No I know everybody wont agree on things which is the whole idea! :)

christonabike

We have a few choices we can either........
003_03312014_11-15_zpsgsmb59xl.png

093_04192014_17-57_zpsuf1kh7im.png

broome-locals-enjoying-a-beer-at-matsuos_zpsxe85bs4s.jpg

I wont say anymore as there are brighter blokes on here who can move all the supporters on.

Grendel

Yawn, Zzzzzzzzzz!!! Pointless arguing with you. Even when I categorically tell you I don't fall for Wasps bullshit you just ignore what I say.

You just continue playing around in your own head. Have fun.

It's ridiculous. I take everything all sides say with a pinch of salt, always have done and will continue to do so.

The Op raised some good arguments and ideas - you haven't addressed any just some comment saying we should say we intend to stay somewhere we have been banned from negotiating about.

Answer this very hypothetical question. If we were able to build a 25,000 stadium in Balsall Common would you think "great we can say goodbye to wasps" or not?

Users who are viewing this thread