Time to be heard (2 Viewers)

sbadey

Mcdonald's is a franchise in the true sense of the word.
Wasps have relocated for financial reasons.
Wasps appear to have relocated because whatever council they were under down there wouldn't bend over backwards to accomadate them in every way possible......unlike our excuse for a (once elected we will do exactly what we want) rabble of a council

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk

stupot07

Something like 95% of people in the City couldn't give a shiny shite about CCFC.

Fucks sake, so pathetic that we run around spitting venom at everyone, our own fans, other sports, citizens of the City, whoever, because we're not getting our own way. So quick to call everyone out as a lesser person because they don't think the same things are important as you or don't think the methods you choose are right.

This place reminds me of the Labour forums I go on, just two entrenched sides bickering while Rome burns.

I blame the Internet.
If 95% of the people in the city couldn't give a shiny shite about ccfc, even less give a shite about wasps, so why are the council and partners giving them special treatment?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

albatross

Oh please... you do know Wasps are also owned by a hedge-fund right? They are every bit as likely to play hard ball and seem intent on fucking our club into the dust. They are certainly no better than our lot. The unpalatable question at the moment is; who would you like to win? Their cunts or ours?

I am sure if SISU looked after the club in an appropriate manner I don't think anyone would care. All this high and mighty holier than thou posturing about ownership is a pure nonsense. Good owner are good owners and bad will be bad, let their track record speak for itself.

Otis

Something like 95% of people in the City couldn't give a shiny shite about CCFC.

Fucks sake, so pathetic that we run around spitting venom at everyone, our own fans, other sports, citizens of the City, whoever, because we're not getting our own way. So quick to call everyone out as a lesser person because they don't think the same things are important as you or don't think the methods you choose are right.

This place reminds me of the Labour forums I go on, just two entrenched sides bickering while Rome burns.

I blame the Internet.
95% of the city? I would say that is most certainly not the case.

Just because people don't go up doesn't mean they don't care about the Sky Blues.

I personally am not spitting venom at anyone, but do feel it is a basic wrong. Sporting clubs are entrenched in our societies and in our cities and towns and are very much part of the cities and towns they belong to.

You can't just go airlifting sporting clubs to wherever you feel.

It sets a dangerous precedent. I hope this doesn't ever start infecting football too.

Wasps shouldn't be here. I understand why the council did what they did, but they don't belong here and shouldn't have come.

It's no spitting venom and it's not getting on a high horse, I just think these are things we should be against as a city.

Bet there would be more annoyance if they were of a lesser profile. Think to a degree we have accepted them because they are good and it looks good for Coventry to have a top rugby side.

If we want a top rugby side here we should be backing Cov rugby and getting them up the league's.

robbiekeane

95% of the city? I would say that is most certainly not the case.

Just because people don't go up doesn't mean they don't care about the Sky Blues.

I personally am not spitting venom at anyone, but do feel it is a basic wrong. Sporting clubs are entrenched in our societies and in our cities and towns and are very much part of the cities and towns they belong to.

You can't just go airlifting sporting clubs to wherever you feel.

It sets a dangerous precedent. I hope this doesn't ever start infecting football too.

Wasps shouldn't be here. I understand why the council did what they did, but they don't belong here and shouldn't have come.

It's no spitting venom and it's not getting on a high horse, I just think these are things we should be against as a city.

Bet there would be more annoyance if they were of a lesser profile. Think to a degree we have accepted them because they are good and it looks good for Coventry to have a top rugby side.

If we want a top rugby side here we should be backing Cov rugby and getting them up the league's.
What % of our fanbase do you think attend home games?

Ryan James

Was about to ask the same!

Was it Tapatalk?

I was having an issue signing up before tapatalk and then confirming my account but I think it was just me being a complete technophobe more than anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

italiahorse

Wasps appear to have relocated because whatever council they were under down there wouldn't bend over backwards to accomadate them in every way possible......unlike our excuse for a (once elected we will do exactly what we want) rabble of a council

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk

Exactly.
CCC had an empty stadium turning to dust. Wasps offered what a stadium turning to dust was worth.

italiahorse

If 95% of the people in the city couldn't give a shiny shite about ccfc, even less give a shite about wasps, so why are the council and partners giving them special treatment?

I think it would have been different if anybody else other than Sisu owned CCFC.

Nick

Administrator
I think it would have been different if anybody else other than Sisu owned CCFC.
So that excuses it?

The council preferred sisu... The hedge fund.

Other people would have bought the ricoh lease at the same time, but it seems that was unthinkable

ccfcway

So that excuses it?

The council preferred sisu... The hedge fund.

Other people would have bought the ricoh lease at the same time, but it seems that was unthinkable

Nick, that was in past. If we are quoting what happened in the past, our new stadium should be ready now....

stupot07

its damaging both
How is it damaging sisu? The club is already seen as an acceptable loss over a wide portfolio of investments they hold. If it wasnt they'd have cut their losses years ago.

This has caused irreparable damage to the club that will impact the club for decades

ccfcway

How is it damaging sisu?

are they making money ?. They are a hedge fund and are here to make money. Anything that stops them making money is damaging them.

We are caught in the middle, with people not wanting to deal with SISU, but by very association, that means it damages CCFC.

Rock and a hard place

italiahorse

You do understand that isn't damaging sisu , it's damaging the club.
It's the club they aren't dealing with.
The same club they all gave speeches about loving etc.

Obviously.
But it's Sisu that they all have to deal with and they can't be trusted.
You need to show Sisu there is nothing to be gained here, help them to move on and then rebuild from what's left.

italiahorse

How is it damaging sisu? The club is already seen as an acceptable loss over a wide portfolio of investments they hold. If it wasnt they'd have cut their losses years ago.

This has caused irreparable damage to the club that will impact the club for decades

I think it is personal for Sisu now.
Their "Batter them in court" strategy is in tatters..
If I was an investor I'd be moving my money.

robbiekeane

That's irrelevant though, Robbie.

There are loads and loads of Coventrians who care about the football club, but don't go to games.
Agree, which is why I was curious to get an estimate of a %. Was trying to work out the fanbase rather than the attendances.

Otis

Agree, which is why I was curious to get an estimate of a %. Was trying to work out the fanbase rather than the attendances.
I don't know, but there are so many people I know and see in day to day life (relatives, neighbours, associates) whose heart is with Coventry City.

Only know about 8 neighbours either side of my house, but at least 4 of them hold an affection for the City. Always asking how they got on and you see them wearing City tops even though they never go up to games.

chiefdave

If I was an investor I'd be moving my money.
How many people who have put money into SISU fund A are actually aware their money has been put into the club and lost? OSB has said before that money would have been written down long ago.

Do think the best method of protest against SISU is getting things highlighted in the likes of the FT.

albatross

Given they let a convicted rapist of a 16 year old be a fit and proper owner I think we can relegate your post to the rubbish bin.

So you are saying that the FA is a morally corrupt quango that is unfit for purpose and is allowing our owners to to run the club into the ground at at least once out of town. OK so you consistently rail against a democratically elected body (by you and others), further in deciding planning issues that are governed by the law of the land and not the best interests of our owner who are holding our club to ransom.

Thats quite a leap to condone what you imply is unfit (the FA and SISU) and vilify CCC et al at every turn seeing them as the main threat to our club combined in some sort of fantastic conspiracy to rid the city of the club.

Sorry but i think we should be pushing our owners and those that give them legitimacy and ultimately sanction them rather than looking elsewhere

Nick

Administrator
So you are saying that the FA is a morally corrupt quango that is unfit for purpose and is allowing our owners to to run the club into the ground at at least once out of town. OK so you consistently rail against a democratically elected body (by you and others), further in deciding planning issues that are governed by the law of the land and not the best interests of our owner who are holding our club to ransom.

Thats quite a leap to condone what you imply is unfit (the FA and SISU) and vilify CCC et al at every turn seeing them as the main threat to our club combined in some sort of fantastic conspiracy to rid the city of the club.

Sorry but i think we should be pushing our owners and those that give them legitimacy and ultimately sanction them rather than looking elsewhere
If it happens again, I am pretty sure CCFC will justify it this time..

Wasps refusing to talk to them for example.

Hobo

I think the belief loads of City fans go to Wasps rugger also is big mistake, I doubt out of our 10K gate more than a 100 go rugby as well and there are plenty rugby fans who don't watch footie. As for the OP, direct action will be the only thing that will register i'm certain it will come to that eventually, especially when it comes to where we play our home games in a couple of years time.

Totally agree, this notion thousands have deserted us to go and support Wasps is rubbish, I don't know one Coventry City fan who goes. All the people I know who go to Wasps are traditionally rugby fans. If Wasps want to cultivate big attendances they need to stick to playing on Sundays for that reason.

albatross

If it happens again, I am pretty sure CCFC will justify it this time..

Wasps refusing to talk to them for example.

like not attending a meeting with all parties to discuss the issues that need to be resolved....... ah yes they can do no wrong can they

Nick

Administrator
like not attending a meeting with all parties to discuss the issues that need to be resolved....... ah yes they can do no wrong can they

The meeting I said I would have gone to?

Thing is, people don't seem to be able to see that it isn't just SISU is it.

The issue is blind hatred, it is either that or naivety.

Otis

The meeting I said I would have gone to?

Thing is, people don't seem to be able to see that it isn't just SISU is it.

The issue is blind hatred, it is either that or naivety.
Not so sure. You have to also reckon for the common denominator scenario of CCC negotiate with Sisu, ACL negotiate with Sisu, Higgs negotiate with Sisu, Wasps negotiate with Sisu.

The one common denominator being Sisu's involvement.

I am sure some people look at see Sisu involved in everything that breaks down.

Nick

Administrator
Not so sure. You have to also reckon for the CCC negotiate with Sisu, ACL negotiate with Sisu, Higgs negotiate with Sisu, Wasps negotiate with Sisu.

The one common denominator being Sisu's involvement.

I am sure some people look at see Sisu involved in everything that breaks down.

What like shirt sponsors, ticketmaster, just sport etc? That seems fine.

Wasps stopped talking about the Ricoh rent way before the Higgs stuff. Ironically probably around the same time CSF Stopped talking about the academy.

Users who are viewing this thread