Things that annoy you (17 Viewers)

Tommo1993

Don’t understand the hate. Surely you want to bag yourself very lightly discounted (unpopular/can’t sell) goods that you don’t need?!

Last edited:

SkyBlueSoul

I don't hate it, there's some good deals to be had. But I do laugh whenever I see things like "BLACK FRIDAY STARTS TODAY, ENDS TUESDAY"

Nick

Administrator
most of the time the price is whacked up to the highest RRP the week or so before so you don’t actually save much/anything.

Yeah that's the thing, a lot of the time the Amazon stuff isn't at the lowest prices ever.

I do feel for the smaller companies though as some feel like they "have" to do something for it.

Don't get me wrong, I do usually pick up some bargains but not the DFS type ones.

robbiekeane

I love the NHS but god it’s a fucking disorganised mess isn’t it

Trying to get any documentation is such a pain, when I finally get my medical records it’s all over the place

Australia have the medical system absolutely sorted I think, we could learn a lot from them

SkyBlueSoul

most of the time the price is whacked up to the highest RRP the week or so before so you don’t actually save much/anything.
That's why I opted for "some", you're right that a lot of it is horseshit. I looked on Currys for something and the wildest one I saw had been at the higher price "from 01/04/23 to 31/05/23"

Nick

Administrator
A lot of the best "offers" I have found are for online subscriptions, they usually get much cheaper for Black Friday. (Im talking design, techie type stuff) where the prices are slashed for a year's subscription.

fernandopartridge

I love the NHS but god it’s a fucking disorganised mess isn’t it

Trying to get any documentation is such a pain, when I finally get my medical records it’s all over the place

Australia have the medical system absolutely sorted I think, we could learn a lot from them

Yes. The NHS doesn't really exist as a single entity, it's really just some branding. Each provider you deal with has its own record and they are not unified across providers and will be a mix of paper and electric records. There are no automatic data sharing agreements between providers.

The NHS talks about breaking down the artificial walls between primary and secondary care but just hasn't got any serious plans to do it and is blocked by many vested interests now in any case.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

chiefdave

The NHS doesn't really exist as a single entity, it's really just some branding. Each provider you deal with has its own record and they are not unified across providers and will be a mix of paper and electric records. There are no automatic data sharing agreements between providers.
Literally just got off a meeting about my Dads care where we were having this discussion. They're trying to get all my Dads paperwork together and its a nightmare because different parts of it held by different parts of the NHS operated by different private companies who all have their same system

Although nothing beats the time I went to the walk in centre and got sent straight to the hospital with a hand written letter as there was no other way open to the doctor to get the information to them

NorthernWisdom

A couple of years ago I wanted to buy an electric fire. I waited until summer to buy it, thinking who'd want one then? But it seems they're wise to that nowadays and hike the price up to eye watering levels so they can 'reduce' it for winter!

oscillatewildly

A couple of years ago I wanted to buy an electric fire. I waited until summer to buy it, thinking who'd want one then? But it seems they're wise to that nowadays and hike the price up to eye watering levels so they can 'reduce' it for winter!
I encountered this myth many years ago about buying a motorbike from a dealership in winter time. Not a chance.

Mcbean

I encountered this myth many years ago about buying a motorbike from a dealership in winter time. Not a chance.
They will offer you discount but take the same off your trade in - cash buyers however can get a significant amount off December and January particularly if there is stock about as the model
Year changes - bought a new helmet at the bike show got £127 off the price I was given in the week before by a shop 😉

Tommo1993

The area is a bit beaten up, you get a lot of riff raff hanging around the Aldi and even more so around the McDonald’s. That particular part of it is just litter everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread