Things that annoy you (7 Viewers)

fellatio_Martinez

"12 Feet of Snow tomorrow!"

Many people still fall for this shit. I'll often find people at work discussing "this crazy weather we're due" and it inevitably leads back to The Daily Mail or Express.

They are quite ingenuous though. I remember caving into one of their click bait articles that read "UK TEMPS SET TO PLUNGE TO - 15" it turns out that they were referring to a completely desolate small highland region in Scotland while the rest of the UK experienced mild temps.

Marty

That's humans for you.

Also, why do people with allocated seats feel the need to queue up for their flight an hour before the gate opens or even anytime before the gates open? You'll get your fucking seat, just calm down.

Every flight I've had this month I've been last too board, just sit and relax and take a walk up once the last person goes through.

SBAndy

Every flight I've had this month I've been last too board, just sit and relax and take a walk up once the last person goes through.

I’m the same, no point standing in a queue for 20 minutes. Get up when it’s down to 4 or 5 people.

Otis

Should have seen the freak on the A34 on Sunday.

Wooly hat, big thick jacket, gloves on and a coffee cup in hand, while driving inside her car...
Surely that's better than driving outside her car. That would just be weird.

Mcbean

Mmm you not had to get your bag in the locker then in the last flight into Birmingham at night from Germany . I hate having my bag under the seat in front of me as I am a long streak of piss - at least it would if pushed but it’s the ones that are obviously way too big - business class particularly - you need to be on the plane within the first 20 people or your big bag ends up behind you and there’s no way to get back when you land - I never go with hold luggage for work or it just robs more of your time you don’t get paid for but I don’t take the piss I am good at packing and keep things to the bare minimum - fuckers the lot of them

ccfc92

Many people still fall for this shit. I'll often find people at work discussing "this crazy weather we're due" and it inevitably leads back to The Daily Mail or Express.

They are quite ingenuous though. I remember caving into one of their click bait articles that read "UK TEMPS SET TO PLUNGE TO - 15" it turns out that they were referring to a completely desolate small highland region in Scotland while the rest of the UK experienced mild temps.

Tbh, I'm fully up for 12 feet of snow.

It'll weed out those who have no survival instincts, don't know how to light a fire, rely on deliveroo for their meals etc.

Marty

This sort of packaging is prevalent in Australia. Completely pointless and a huge waste of resources.

Don't even get me started on the prices.

Attachments

• IMG_20191220_120051.jpg
    IMG_20191220_120051.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 34

fellatio_Martinez

This sort of packaging is prevalent in Australia. Completely pointless and a huge waste of resources.

Don't even get me started on the prices.

The only reason I can think of why they would use such packaging is to keep big horrible bastard spiders and the like from getting in and about the fruit and either spoiling it or killing a customer.

Gazolba

Ball-point pens that won't write on slightly greasy paper.
I just got a brand new pen and if you try to write on any paper you have touched with your fingers it won't write.
And yet I have another pen that will write perfectly well in those circumstances.
Must be something to do with the type of ink, but it's very annoying.

Marty

The only reason I can think of why they would use such packaging is to keep big horrible bastard spiders and the like from getting in and about the fruit and either spoiling it or killing a customer.

Good point, in the city's I haven't saw anything other then parrots and loads of other birds.

Port Douglas near the rainforest was a different matter, saw about a 6ft snake fall out of a tree and a massive bird swoop down and grab it and fly off, with it hanging underneath, all within about 10 foot of me, to say I shit myself would be an understatement.

Gazolba

Abso-fucking-lutely. Hate it - it's an Americanism that has infiltrated our language, not helped by the vast number of authors who are "self-publishing", e.g. on Amazon, and who have an American copy editor!
Have lived in the US for decades and have never ever heard anyone say that.

Mcbean

Good point, in the city's I haven't saw anything other then parrots and loads of other birds.

Port Douglas near the rainforest was a different matter, saw about a 6ft snake fall out of a tree and a massive bird swoop down and grab it and fly off, with it hanging underneath, all within about 10 foot of me, to say I shit myself would be an understatement.
Remember Marty at all times be alert - wildlife in Australia is out to kill you ! It’s why they sent the prisoners there !

PurpleBin

I work in customer service/sales management and have done for 10 years. The public...are fucking horrible, entitled bastards. I honestly, 100% believe this is down to social media. People having a platform to be aggressive, nasty, lie and such all behind the keyboard.

Reading some stuff in the media recently has proven my mindset to be right. Everyone wants something for nothing and no one wants to take responsibility for their own actions and it FUCKS me off.

I saw two stories today. One guy sees a box of Weetabix on the shelf in Tesco which are one year out of date. Now obviously, someone, probably some poor sod on a low wage hasn't been turning his stock and maybe this is a slow moving line so it's been sat at the back for months. As wrong as that is, why has the person who found it gone to the papers? Because they want SOMETHING from Tesco. It's not like they ate it and got sick? Why not just pick it up and pass it to staff so they can rectify it? Problem solved.

Another story. Someone parks in a no waiting zone at an airport. Gets ticket in the post. Goes to the papers and says its an outrage as he was "only asking for directions and is disabled" Right, so the signs that say no parking...which you ignored and then the cameras are supposed to know you were just asking directions? Oh fuck off. Whether you agree that the fines are harsh they're their for all.

Fuck off. Always the same type of people in this type of shit. Picture in paper MAXIMUM compensation face for their own fuck ups.

One the other week, missed his flight because the gate closed and they missed a trip to Disney. Apparently there werent enough signs? They go to the papers and to the airports credit they basically told the paper that its their own fucking fault...over 1000 screens in the lounge?

Really fucks me off. Vermin. Especially when its a small business !!

eastwoodsdustman

I work in customer service/sales management and have done for 10 years. The public...are fucking horrible, entitled bastards. I honestly, 100% believe this is down to social media. People having a platform to be aggressive, nasty, lie and such all behind the keyboard.

Reading some stuff in the media recently has proven my mindset to be right. Everyone wants something for nothing and no one wants to take responsibility for their own actions and it FUCKS me off.

I saw two stories today. One guy sees a box of Weetabix on the shelf in Tesco which are one year out of date. Now obviously, someone, probably some poor sod on a low wage hasn't been turning his stock and maybe this is a slow moving line so it's been sat at the back for months. As wrong as that is, why has the person who found it gone to the papers? Because they want SOMETHING from Tesco. It's not like they ate it and got sick? Why not just pick it up and pass it to staff so they can rectify it? Problem solved.

Another story. Someone parks in a no waiting zone at an airport. Gets ticket in the post. Goes to the papers and says its an outrage as he was "only asking for directions and is disabled" Right, so the signs that say no parking...which you ignored and then the cameras are supposed to know you were just asking directions? Oh fuck off. Whether you agree that the fines are harsh they're their for all.

Fuck off. Always the same type of people in this type of shit. Picture in paper MAXIMUM compensation face for their own fuck ups.

One the other week, missed his flight because the gate closed and they missed a trip to Disney. Apparently there werent enough signs? They go to the papers and to the airports credit they basically told the paper that its their own fucking fault...over 1000 screens in the lounge?

Really fucks me off. Vermin. Especially when its a small business !!

I was in a shop on Wednesday and there was a queue to wait to be served. Some Woman gets to the front of the queue and starts firing off at the shop assistant for having to wait. To her credit the shop assistant had a right go back at her and told her that whilst she was arguing with her she was wasting more time. Then she tried to use her baby in the stroller as her reason to be in a rush. The shop assistant asked what that had to do with anything as she had got a baby too. The woman stomped off and came back in 5 minutes later to get served by someone else and was really quiet. Fair Play to the shop assistant.

olderskyblue

When you get a card through your door saying the Royal Mail failed to deliver a package, as there’s a fee to be paid...

you go the their depot only to find it’s a Christmas card from your cousin in Norfolk. !!
Good job he doesn’t post on here.... or does he ????? ;-)

chiefdave

When you get a card through your door saying the Royal Mail failed to deliver a package, as there’s a fee to be paid...
Customs fees, its a massive scam. You can't get your package without paying it and then you have zero chance of getting a refund when they have messed up and charged way to much. Another one this week. Nearly £20 customs fee for a $4.99 book.

And why is the admin charge so high. `What salaries are Royal Mail staff on???

Users who are viewing this thread