Things that annoy you (16 Viewers)

ccfc92

After today, buying presents for other people.

It's not the issue of being generous to someone, it's trying to think of what they like and would appreciate. My head goes blank and it's like I forget everything I know about them and what they like.

Then I panic, have a strop and go for a pint.

hill83

After today, buying presents for other people.

It's not the issue of being generous to someone, it's trying to think of what they like and would appreciate. My head goes blank and it's like I forget everything I know about them and what they like.

Then I panic, have a strop and go for a pint.

I just don’t bother. Always did secret Santa with my family anyway so that was a piece of piss, none of us bother anymore. Me and the wife don’t bother and she’s sorts out her family and I give her half the cash. Obviously I buy my lad stuff but other than that. Fuck it.

Most of the stuff being exchanged is nonsense nobody wants anyway. I understand the sentiment behind it but it’s not for me.

skyblue1991

It's a little annoyance but sometimes when gift giving at Xmas goes too far.

I was perfectly happy with getting my mum, my dad, mym brother and my missus a present. Then my brothers girlfriend gets me and my girlfriend a present so means my and my girlfriend ought to get her a present so we don't look bad.

Also, what do you get someone if they just get it themselves if they want it?

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

OffenhamSkyBlue

The need for the media to report what the Queen will say in her Christmas speech tomorrow, because they have nothing better to do, i assume. But why does the royal Press Office feel the need to release it anyway?

chiefdave

Being in work on Xmas Eve when none of your clients are so you can get absolutely nothing done.

Despite that the managers, who by some happy accident every year I've been here all get Xmas off with our system of 'randomly' picking who can be off, fire in occasional messages complaining we aren't closing enough calls.

richnrg

Being in work on Xmas Eve when none of your clients are so you can get absolutely nothing done.

Despite that the managers, who by some happy accident every year I've been here all get Xmas off with our system of 'randomly' picking who can be off, fire in occasional messages complaining we aren't closing enough calls.
+1

fellatio_Martinez

I just don’t bother. Always did secret Santa with my family anyway so that was a piece of piss, none of us bother anymore. Me and the wife don’t bother and she’s sorts out her family and I give her half the cash. Obviously I buy my lad stuff but other than that. Fuck it.

Most of the stuff being exchanged is nonsense nobody wants anyway. I understand the sentiment behind it but it’s not for me.

My sentiments exactly.

It's all just consumerist wank on over drive. There's nothing thoughtful or special about buying an over priced Lynx set for someone yet there's about a million of them exchanged on Christmas day.

Just imagine the combined sadness of that.

ccfc92

My sentiments exactly.

It's all just consumerist wank on over drive. There's nothing thoughtful or special about buying an over priced Lynx set for someone yet there's about a million of them exchanged on Christmas day.

Just imagine the combined sadness of that.

Also, the cringe "weather report" every year about said lynx causing a cloud over the UK.

Hahahahahah, so funny.

Attachments

• meme_kid.jpg
    meme_kid.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 12

Marty

Shame. It was such a beautiful winter's day yesterday when all anyone wants to do is sit around and gorge, but today, when people might want to get some exercise, go for a walk, etc, it's dreadful!

28 degrees here, bright blue sky's all day. Does not feel like Christmas at all, could be mid July as far as I'm aware.

Mcbean

I little bit pissed that sky has given up a load of games to Amazon - not sure I knew this when I signed up for Sky cube - watching the cricket now until we go to Leam for the footie yay !

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

Boxing Day sales and people who stand outside Next waiting for it to open at 6am, just to spoil it for you most of the stuff is bought in especially for the sales or crap they can’t sell

chiefdave

I little bit pissed that sky has given up a load of games to Amazon - not sure I knew this when I signed up for Sky cube - watching the cricket now until we go to Leam for the footie yay !
If you’ve not done it before you can sign up to Amazon Prime on a free trial which will cover today’s games and new year. If you have done it before just create a new Amazon account and use the free trial on that.

Mcbean

If you’ve not done it before you can sign up to Amazon Prime on a free trial which will cover today’s games and new year. If you have done it before just create a new Amazon account and use the free trial on that.
Thanks Chief I had a shot last month- had a load of stuff to get !

Gazolba

Shops feeling the need to hike up the heating in store. It's really not that cold...
We have the opposite problem here.
They still run the air-conditioning in the winter.

dutchman

Customs fees, its a massive scam. You can't get your package without paying it and then you have zero chance of getting a refund when they have messed up and charged way to much. Another one this week. Nearly £20 customs fee for a $4.99 book.

I'm puzzled by that? I've imported a huge number of items from North America and never been charged if they were valued at less than £18.

Terry Gibson's perm

I have probably put it many times before but here we go The New Years honours list I don’t mind people who have done great charitable work getting something but Duncan Smith a man who has done the total opposite, mps are paid handsomely to do their job and have massive pensions so why get an honour for doing your job and in many cases doing it badly

ccfc92

Sky TV football "fans".

Spurs fan in the pub, first half was watching properly and being a fan.

Second half, ironically when spurs are playing better, not even paying attention. Only saw their goal 30 secs after it went in and didn't realise their second was disallowed. Now not even watching the game.

When Cov played Tranmere n I was in my local, didn't take my eyes of the screen.

Mcbean

One thing that has got up my nose literally in last three days is this f*kin chest infection - seems our doctors and hospitals are overrun with it - next year gonna have that flu jab - I have not troubled the doc with it as they have bigger fish to fry but I can honestly say I have felt crap for three days and three long nights - hoping it will fade out over the next few days

chiefdave

One thing that has got up my nose literally in last three days is this f*kin chest infection - seems our doctors and hospitals are overrun with it - next year gonna have that flu jab - I have not troubled the doc with it as they have bigger fish to fry but I can honestly say I have felt crap for three days and three long nights - hoping it will fade out over the next few days
Didn't know there was an outbreak, thought it was just me suffering! Have had it for about 3 months now, had a cold for a a couple of weeks which ended up as a chest infection which just won't go away. All I got from the doctor was 'you'll have to wait for it to clear up.

chiefdave

I'm moving house in a few weeks. Literally moving a few doors away, only change will be I'm a homeowner and no longer renting.

So can someone explains what about that causes my car insurance to go up 50%

Mcbean

I'm moving house in a few weeks. Literally moving a few doors away, only change will be I'm a homeowner and no longer renting.

So can someone explains what about that causes my car insurance to go up 50%
Chief - some grunt will need to fire his computer up and for that someone has decreed that you will pay through the nose for the administration required - highway robbery

Users who are viewing this thread