Things that annoy you (5 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

Hmm, office etiqutte.

People who assume because there's nothing in your calendar, this means you're sat around with your feet up twiddling your thumbs, and can drop everything to hike around to other buildings for pointless meetings.

Meetings about meetings.

Meetings to discuss what to say in meetings.

People who give no time between meetings to get to the other meetings.

The merging of personal and work, which can lead to hilarious ongoing arguments within meetings, as opposed to actually getting the bloody job done.

Meetings.

Nick

Administrator
I hate meetings about meetings, I started a new job where they did that and I made a point of just saying "email me what you want doing". They came to the next meeting I said yeah it's done. No point pissing about.

Been into some companies and it makes you wonder when work actually gets done.

Liquid Gold

I hate meetings about meetings, I started a new job where they did that and I made a point of just saying "email me what you want doing". They came to the next meeting I said yeah it's done. No point pissing about.

Been into some companies and it makes you wonder when work actually gets done.
I work in the charity sector and the meetings about meetings about meetings about strategy is a bit much

Nick

Administrator
I work in the charity sector and the meetings about meetings about meetings about strategy is a bit much
I did before, what annoyed me was the tender stuff. Seeing then pay 10 times what something is worth because they made a fancy video or something to pitch it

Terry Gibson's perm

Sorry liquid gold not aimed at you but charity, all these organisations that have charity status where it is just a front, we have one close to home that has become more dubious with time and Nuffield health is classed as a charity but pays it chief exec more than half a million a year ( or certainly did). Also these people that ask you to sign up for things in the street never seem to stop me when my daughter is with me for some reason.

Liquid Gold

I did before, what annoyed me was the tender stuff. Seeing then pay 10 times what something is worth because they made a fancy video or something to pitch it
We spent 4 hours on Friday agreeing on the correct wording for an equal opportunities form to send to west Africa, the solution? Send it to a consultant, it will only cost us £500

Nick

Administrator
Sorry liquid gold not aimed at you but charity, all these organisations that have charity status where it is just a front, we have one close to home that has become more dubious with time and Nuffield health is classed as a charity but pays it chief exec more than half a million a year ( or certainly did). Also these people that ask you to sign up for things in the street never seem to stop me when my daughter is with me for some reason.
Agreed, charity sector pays really well.

I've seen them spend tens of thousands on a website I could have done in a week.

NorthernWisdom

We spent 4 hours on Friday agreeing on the correct wording for an equal opportunities form to send to west Africa, the solution? Send it to a consultant, it will only cost us £500

:D

(Can I become that consultant?!?)

Actually while we're at it... consultants.

We've had bloody hundreds of them the past few years, consulting on how best to drive the business forward. Can't help but feel the cash saved on consultancy fees would be one way!

Nick

Administrator
Ha exactly, seen that so many times at a charity.

I worked in it, the guy running it didn't know about it. They would get companies in to quote systems but didn't speak to us, ordered a system completely incompatible with the version of office they had.

Ian1779

Teachers that pretend to be 'stressed' when in fact they are lazy fuckers who have been found out.

Teachers that say they are going to the "office" on a Fri afternoon when they blatantly mean pub... Expecting the kids not to be able to decipher their thick as fuck code.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Teachers that pretend to be 'stressed' when in fact they are lazy fuckers who have been found out.

Teachers that say they are going to the "office" on a Fri afternoon when they blatantly mean pub... Expecting the kids not to be able to decipher their thick as fuck code.
I used to go to Cardinal Newman there was a teacher who you could see running through the playing fields to the bell every lunch break

Terry Gibson's perm

I used to go to Cardinal Newman there was a teacher who you could see running through the playing fields to the bell every lunch break

Never mind I am sure the rest of your life has got better since having to go to that dump (ex pk student)

When I was about 16 we had a teacher training day so went to the Craftsman when guess who appears but a load of the teachers who said what are you doing here to which we replied what are you doing here tough training day is it and they soon cleared off into the beer garden.

Sick Boy

Hmm, office etiqutte.

People who assume because there's nothing in your calendar, this means you're sat around with your feet up twiddling your thumbs, and can drop everything to hike around to other buildings for pointless meetings.

Meetings about meetings.

Meetings to discuss what to say in meetings.

People who give no time between meetings to get to the other meetings.

The merging of personal and work, which can lead to hilarious ongoing arguments within meetings, as opposed to actually getting the bloody job done.

Meetings.

Haha I used to work somewhere where meetings about meetings were quite common. I handed in my notice after a meeting about a meeting about a meeting.

skyblue1991

Office jargon.

'Run that past me again'
'granular detail'
'blue sky thinking'
'moving forward'
'off the same hymn sheet'
'lets have a workshop on...'

And the one that is pissing me off at the moment:

'I'll contact you offline'

Fuck off.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

M&B Stand

Office jargon.

'Run that past me again'
'granular detail'
'blue sky thinking'
'moving forward'

Fuck off.

We had a training day a couple of weeks ago and the twat kept telling everyone to Keep focus and Be in the moment.

Nick

Administrator
Office jargon.

'Run that past me again'
'granular detail'
'blue sky thinking'
'moving forward'

Fuck off.

Absolutely hate that shit.

Thankfully where I work now is straight up so we just say exactly what we mean (We will send you an email, what did you say) etc.

None of that pretentious bullshit!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Said it before about office jargon the one I hate is "let's run that yo the flagpole"
No let's not, let's tie you from a noose then put you up the flag pole because you hardly ever listen to my suggestions or ideas and the only time you did you took all the credit for it you arrogant, self centred cockwomble

Otis

Absolutely hate that shit.

Thankfully where I work now is straight up so we just say exactly what we mean (We will send you an email, what did you say) etc.

None of that pretentious bullshit!
I used to work in an office where the desks were two feet apart and everyone just emailed each other rather than walk a couple steps to ask a question, or indeed, just speak!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Parents that moan like fuck that they've actually got to look after & entertain their kids during school holidays......

.....Funnily enough the biggest moaners are those that previously out-sourced all parental responsibility during the pre-school years by farming their little ones off to granny or nursery.....

Wakey wakey.....if you don't want kids to impact on your selfish little life......maybe you shouldn't have had kids......wankers.

Ian1779

Parents that moan like fuck that they've actually got to look after & entertain their kids during school holidays......

.....Funnily enough the biggest moaners are those that previously out-sourced all parental responsibility during the pre-school years by farming their little ones off to granny or nursery.....

Wakey wakey.....if you don't want kids to impact on your selfish little life......maybe you shouldn't have had kids......wankers.

The worst are those pretentious middle-class fuckwits that take their kids to a park or swimming or some other place that lots of people go to. They then completely abandon their children by expecting every other fucker to police/look after/ensure safety of the sproglets whilst they sit around in groups talking about olives or some other pretentious bollocks.

M&B Stand

The worst are those pretentious middle-class fuckwits that take their kids to a park or swimming or some other place that lots of people go to. They then completely abandon their children by expecting every other fucker to police/look after/ensure safety of the sproglets whilst they sit around in groups talking about olives or some other pretentious bollocks.

What about benefit scroungers that do the same? Or is it just the middle class and their pretentious olive chat?

You've reminded me of another one, people who's kids run wild on flights while they sit there reading Heat or Take a Break, oh and crying babies in transatlantic night flights,

Ian1779

What about benefit scroungers that do the same? Or is it just the middle class and their pretentious olive chat?

You've reminded me of another one, people who's kids run wild on flights while they sit there reading Heat or Take a Break, oh and crying babies in transatlantic night flights,

I don't think benefit scroungers talk about olives... but I may be wrong.

Nick

Administrator
What annoys me (another) is pretentious people, people who like to big things up too much and don't just call a spade a spade. It has to be a state of the art garden tool.

The type of knobs where if you had 100 quid cash on you they would have 110. If your kid had 15 people at their party, theirs had 20.

Sick Boy

Their kids are often the worst behaved as well.

Users who are viewing this thread