Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Things that annoy you (7 Viewers)

  • Thread starter Thread starter RB1992
  • Start date Start date
Memrise. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it.

They key with languages is really immersion. Watch films with dubbing and subtitles, and go visit these places when you can so you can actually speak.

I'll give it a go. Agree completely on immersing yourself with it. Biggest problem is, when ever we go to Poland, as we do non touristy stuff, everyone sees it as a great opportunity to try their English.
 
I'll give it a go. Agree completely on immersing yourself with it. Biggest problem is, when ever we go to Poland, as we do non touristy stuff, everyone sees it as a great opportunity to try their English.

It can be difficult in non-tourist areas for the opposite reason as well. When you encounter non-English speaking people, at the beginning there is too much of a gap between your skills and theirs. It depends on how hospitable the people, but in Czech it was an absolute nightmare out in the provinces. You would stumble over your sentences and they would scowl. Keep going!
 
Memrise. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it.

They key with languages is really immersion. Watch films with dubbing and subtitles, and go visit these places when you can so you can actually speak.
100% correct. I have a 2100+ day streak in Spanish in DuoLingo, but when I try and converse with locals in Spain I haven't a fucking clue what they say back to me. I can however tell you that my Grandfather owns a large owl
 
100% correct. I have a 2100+ day streak in Spanish in DuoLingo, but when I try and converse with locals in Spain I haven't a fucking clue what they say back to me. I can however tell you that my Grandfather owns a large owl

I remember when I was learning Swedish, my breakthrough moment was ordering a Mcdonald's successfully. Restaurants and bars are the place to start. Get comfortable and build up your confidence. Discussing the United Nations views on the Congo, or your grandfathers owl is not useful at the onset, and can come later!
 
You'd better tell the 100s of fans with club crests on their St George flags then. Cant be having that at in intl game!

Sent from my SM-S711B using Tapatalk
Absolutely fine with flags seeing as they’re the St George Cross, just don’t agree with club shirts at international games.
 
So you’d make the effort to go to an international game wearing club shirts just to bore everyone with your tiresome ‘club before country’ nonsense?
 
So you’d make the effort to go to an international game wearing club shirts just to bore everyone with your tiresome ‘club before country’ nonsense?

Not really an effort is it just to throw on a shirt? Way too much thought gone into it
 
Going to the Chech Republic game on Tuesday at Wembley. I have a 6yo that will no dount want to wear his England shirt and his Coventry anthem jacket. Just wanted to check with the shirt police if this was allowed or not?

Sent from my SM-S711B using Tapatalk
 
Been down in London for work and everytime the tube is just insufferable.

Great conveniance, terrible experience
 
On the rare occasion I venture into London, I really don't mind the tube. Cheap, quick, convenient. The new line (Elizabeth line iirc) is great spacious and has AC on the carriages. Mind I use it as a tourist, bet it's a nightmare during rush hours.
 
On the rare occasion I venture into London, I really don't mind the tube. Cheap, quick, convenient. The new line (Elizabeth line iirc) is great spacious and has AC on the carriages. Mind I use it as a tourist, bet it's a nightmare during rush hours.
It really does depend on what line you use. If you have to use the Victoria (a line I'm overly familiar with now) or the Central (a line I've been overly familiar with in the past) its a rotten experience. Some of the lines with the newer trains and/or less footfall aren't too bad.
 
On the rare occasion I venture into London, I really don't mind the tube. Cheap, quick, convenient. The new line (Elizabeth line iirc) is great spacious and has AC on the carriages. Mind I use it as a tourist, bet it's a nightmare during rush hours.
It is! It's fun as a one-off. Any more and it's a frantic feeding frenzy
 
It's a nonsense argument when trying to rubbish women's football. I don't think any WPL player has demanded to be paid the same as their Premier League counterparts.
It’s weird how many of them watch it and then complain about it.
 
Biggest annoying part of the women’s game is it all the seems to be same teams as the Premier league, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City. Might watch a few more if it had Coventry in the mix.
 
Biggest annoying part of the women’s game is it all the seems to be same teams as the Premier league, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City. Might watch a few more if it had Coventry in the mix.

I don't really understand why the women's game just decided to copy the structure of the men's game, it could have done its own thing and created a bit more interest that way. Instead, it's got the same top league broadly dominated by the same teams.
 
It's a nonsense argument when trying to rubbish women's football. I don't think any WPL player has demanded to be paid the same as their Premier League counterparts.
Exactly.
I think this story came from a call for the England women's team to be paid the same (paltry) appearance fee as the men.

This would show that the FA were serious about promoting the game to all kids, regardless of gender.

As usual, the gammons got hold of it and mocked (as they are wont to).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom