Things that annoy you (20 Viewers)

Ian1779

It simply is true. Experienced it first hand with a kid who genuinely had learning difficulties, so naturally her brother had them... even though he didn't and turns out is just bright. The school were after extra funding on the basis his sister had learning difficulties. Schools/teachers are absolute shysters.

That's even before we touch on their curriculum.
Having a personal experience in one school where it is true is not the same as a mass sweeping generalisation.

shmmeee

Having a personal experience in one school where it is true is not the same as a mass sweeping generalisation.

Ive definitely worked in places where it’s true. But that was several years ago and clearly the rules have changed.

fernandopartridge

Can only go off my own experience, n they tried to get a false claim going. We're talking maybe 5 years ago, but it sums schools up.

My old "reputable" headmaster got sacked for fiddling SATs scores to get more/better funding for the school.

My two married "christian" RE teachers ended up having an affair and getting together, resulting in two divorces.

I don't have my own children, but I wouldn't put complete faith in schools looking after kids best interests.

They are faults with the funding system

skyblue1991

Shit traffic light sequences which cause more traffic because it ends up with junctions blocked.
For example the roundabout near Gallagher Retail Park which has had traffic light signalling problems for years!

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Sbarcher

BBC rumoured to be raising the licence fee by £15 after a 2 year freeze.
Aiming to get the 2 year loss back in one hit.
Wouldn't mind so much if there wasn't so may repeats and dumming down programmes. I suppose they would argue that's all they can afford with such a low fee!

Sbarcher

Ryanair......
Just changed their checking in policy to milk even more cash.
Used to be you checked in at home and either printed or downloaded your boarding pass at no cost. If you didn't you were charged at the airport.
Now all changed. If you want to check in at home, you need to buy a seat and the checkin/boarding pass is included in that cost.
If you want to continue to have a free boarding pass you will now have to queue at the airport for them to print one out for you.

How odd, that they used to charge you £55 to print the boarding pass at the airport, but can now print it for free!
Robbing Hoods.

eastwoodsdustman

Every shitty kid has an autism or adhd or dyslexic diagnosis these days. That’s fine, but it’s treated like a get out of jail free card and for many does more harm than good.
There's a great line in 'Surging out of convalescence' by Half man Half biscuit which sums it up brilliantly:

Is your child hyperactive, or is he perhaps a twat?

shmmeee

There's a great line in 'Surging out of convalescence' by Half man Half biscuit which sums it up brilliantly:

Is your child hyperactive, or is he perhaps a twat?

Or option 3 a hyperactive twat. I know autists and AdHD sufferers and dyslexics who are nice people who work hard and have achieved.

ovduk78

Modern cars with just front lights on. Why can't the rear lights be on too? It looks like some drivers don't seem to know they have no rear lights on.

Just driven back home after last night's game and it is shocking how many cars had no lights on in torrential rain.

NorthernWisdom

Modern cars with just front lights on. Why can't the rear lights be on too? It looks like some drivers don't seem to know they have no rear lights on.

Just driven back home after last night's game and it is shocking how many cars had no lights on in torrential rain.
Problem with the daylight lights new cars have to have I think, it stops people thinking whether they actually need to turn lights on or not.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Problem with the daylight lights new cars have to have I think, it stops people thinking whether they actually need to turn lights on or not.
This is the problem with cars that have SOME automated functions but not all! My car has daytime running lights at the front (as is required on all recent cars) but also turns front and rear lights on when the light level fades. Many don't have that so they blindly assume the lights are on. It's the same in poor visibility (when mine don't come on either). Just plain dangerous but people are stupid!

NorthernWisdom

This is the problem with cars that have SOME automated functions but not all! My car has daytime running lights at the front (as is required on all recent cars) but also turns front and rear lights on when the light level fades. Many don't have that so they blindly assume the lights are on. It's the same in poor visibility (when mine don't come on either). Just plain dangerous but people are stupid!
It might be slightly eccentric, but I don't have the auto light sensor on my car, so it forces me to think about whether lights are needed.

I'm also slightly paranoid about going under some trees, or under a bridge and unwittingly flashing somebody out of a junction!

SBAndy

This is a problem I have. My car has auto-headlights but my girlfriend’s car doesn’t. It’s not uncommon that I’ve driven for 5 minutes before realising my lights are off!

chiefdave

It’s busted two (admittedly already shit) fence panels. The one at the bottom is completely off. Have had to barricade it until landlords can be arsed to sort it.
this annoys me. I've got renters of both sides of me, lovely people, but the fences their landlords is responsible are falling apart but nothing gets done

spent a fortune sorting my house out and the two fences that are someone else's responsibility are now the only things that aren't decent

Tommo1993

this annoys me. I've got renters of both sides of me, lovely people, but the fences their landlords is responsible are falling apart but nothing gets done

spent a fortune sorting my house out and the two fences that are someone else's responsibility are now the only things that aren't decent

This rears its ugly head up every time it’s windy. Our landlord got one side fixed, but the landlord for the other side just won’t budge paying anything for repair. The back now looks like this.

IMG_1105.jpeg

I’ve tried to push it back up and nail it back in but it’s just too far gone. Now that fence is blocking the way out of the back for two more houses.

Users who are viewing this thread