Things that annoy you (23 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Don’t see how Tesco have a viable business model, they’re basically the stuff you can’t get from Aldi/Lidl. So they’ve got to have massive stock without all the basics bringing the volume in.
I reckon the mark up on popular brand products is huge e.g. Lurpak. Tesco is still the dominant supermarket in a lot of towns

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I really don't see why shops aren't customer focused and have people on the tills.

I went in Lidl by the Blue Ribbon a few weeks ago, literally 1 person working a till and then that said it was closing. Trying to push everybody to self service which is all well and good if you have less than 20 items.

I'd happily do a full shop in Lidl or Aldi if I could get everything, it's less stress just to do it online with Tesco and turn up and throw it all in my boot and drive off. Well worth the £1.50.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Morrisons?
Forgot about them. We don't have one in Rugby but occasionally I go to the one in Binley. They're respectable mid table with an outside chance of the playoffs.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I really don't see why shops aren't customer focused and have people on the tills.

I went in Lidl by the Blue Ribbon a few weeks ago, literally 1 person working a till and then that said it was closing. Trying to push everybody to self service which is all well and good if you have less than 20 items.

I'd happily do a full shop in Lidl or Aldi if I could get everything, it's less stress just to do it online with Tesco and turn up and throw it all in my boot and drive off. Well worth the £1.50.
My only gripe is I like a good fondle of a cauliflower before I buy it rather than get some shrivelled excuse off the back of a van. Otherwise I'm with you.

skyblueinBaku

I go to Lidl after Tesco. The problem with Lidl is that the stuff I want from them isn't always there. They are not consistent with the items thay supposedly stock.

shmmeee

Main stuff I get from Aldi, only go to Tesco for the caffeine free Coke and random spices or whatever.

TBH if I could find a decent online seller of the branded goods and non perishables I’d probably switch to them and just get fresh stuff from Aldi, or even the greengrocer and butcher. Is there an online only Amazon for food that is as cheap as the discount stores? Even if it’s buy in bulk.

Grendel

Tescos main issue time is it’s obsession with discounts for reward card holders which are pushing prices up for non discount holders

Nick

Administrator
Tescos main issue time is it’s obsession with discounts for reward card holders which are pushing prices up for non discount holders

Surely if you shop there you should just get a Clubcard? It's not like a Costco where you need to pay for it.

Nick

Administrator
Anybody tried that random shop in Holbrooks? Think it's called Coventry Discount Foods.

Pretty much just seems like a place where they get loads of stuff close to sell by date and sell it really cheap.

Can't go in because I end up just buying loads of chocolate.

Reactions: vow

Tommo1993

Anybody tried that random shop in Holbrooks? Think it's called Coventry Discount Foods.

Pretty much just seems like a place where they get loads of stuff close to sell by date and sell it really cheap.

Can't go in because I end up just buying loads of chocolate.

Sounds pretty similar to that Evans Cash & Carry up Kingfield Rd. Like yourself, it’s no good for someone like me. Don’t go when you’re hungry.

Grendel

Surely if you shop there you should just get a Clubcard? It's not like a Costco where you need to pay for it.

I meant clubcard - they have big price differentials on a lot of goods - I will not have a Card so I don't go

Nick

Administrator
Clubcard the original data miners. Pioneered a lot of the stuff you associate with Amazon or Google these days.
Haven't got any clubcard devices are home.

They will only know what I buy from Tesco when I scan my club card.

shmmeee

Haven't got any clubcard devices are home.

They will only know what I buy from Tesco when I scan my club card.

Yeah of course. Just saying they kicked a lot of this off. I couldn’t give a fuck who knows what I’m buying, especially if it gives me better ads and offers, but some people don’t like it on principle.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Can change the address online too, I did mine recently.
[/QUOTE]
Back in January when I tried to do it problems on the website.Tried to phone cut you off after about a minute.Went into customer services the same happened to them. Manager told the lady to refer me to the website which she told him was not working.Ended up going to head office a very nice lady Lesley Anne Logan sorted it.
I’m gonna add people who drive forward into parking bays to the annoying list.
Can I add people who park in disabled places and RUN in .

Nick

Administrator
Yeah of course. Just saying they kicked a lot of this off. I couldn’t give a fuck who knows what I’m buying, especially if it gives me better ads and offers, but some people don’t like it on principle.

I understand with things that could be listening in.

Not arsed about shopping though, unless they are buying condoms and cucumbers all the time.

Mcbean

The bbc football app being clogged up with womens football stories , surely they can make a seperate section for people who want to read about it??
It gets more coverage than the championship in the DT sports section ( apart from Derby but that should stop now WR has left ) have written to the editor to complain.

Users who are viewing this thread