Things that annoy you (21 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Our pup is just beginning to understand it all now. She loves the garden at this time of day because the sun hasn’t reached it, but she’s still getting a bit pissy about not going out on our walks like normal.

She would much prefer a rest in the garden than burnt feet though, bless her!

Grendel

Don't disagree at all! I recently got shown some work done that was charged as a day's work, it was literally a PDF export from a 3rd party tool with a logo added.

Sounds like my day at my old company

Director: How longs this project going to take you and your team

Me: sharp intake of breath - wow it’s a toughie try and get it done in 5 days knowing it will take a day at most. Deliver in 4 days ahead of deadline what a hero I am and have 3 days looking busy

Nick

Administrator
I used to turn SEO work down, could have made a fortune doing nothing but felt bad.

Used to clean up on people who went with Cowboys though.

Sick Boy

I used to turn SEO work down, could have made a fortune doing nothing but felt bad.

Used to clean up on people who went with Cowboys though.
The problem is that a lot of companies want to pay peanuts/think they know a lot more than they do.
Plus you then get people in their internal teams who think they know everything but are actually clueless.

Nick

Administrator
The problem is that a lot of companies want to pay peanuts/think they know a lot more than they do.
Plus you then get people in their internal teams who think they know everything but are actually clueless.

It's all about the results though. When people see them they don't mind it.

I had one bloke who was paying somebody to get him ranked for something silly like "Carpenter in Coventry who works with wood" and he was like "they have got me top" ha.

oscillatewildly

Every time. And can I add literally any food packaging labelled with the instruction to “peel back film lid”. It NEVER peels back and you will inevitably have to hack off said film lid with a knife.
Can't remember if I've mentioned it before but whilst we're on the subject - Clingfilm. Frickin stuff clings to everything except the subject matter intended. (Usually clinging to itself and therefore rendering itself unusable)
There must be some kind of online course dedicated to teaching a successful application?

ovduk78

People who drop all their bagged rubbish at the side of bins in laybys. I know they've done half the job and bagged it up, they must be in a car so I can't understand why they dont just take it home ffs!

Nick

Administrator
The doctor saying "do more exercise"

I ran fucking 5 miles a day last month and climbed a mountain at the weekend. Just trying to come up with easy things rather than their jobs.

Sick Boy

Bellends who stare at themselves in the mirror at the gym, eyeball people and then get their mate to spot them on a 30kg bench press.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not surprised. On the whole the Americans are the most disrespectful tourists I’ve seen here.

I only had one 'disagreement' over there. Was buying our bus tickets to San Marino in Rimini, when the moment my Italian slightly wavered the seller switched to patronisingly slow English. She tried to persuade me that no tickets were sold in San Marino so we had to buy a return on the spot. To which the reply 'so how does anyone in San Marino get out' was shall we say not appreciated

Sick Boy

I only had one 'disagreement' over there. Was buying our bus tickets to San Marino in Rimini, when the moment my Italian slightly wavered the seller switched to patronisingly slow English. She tried to persuade me that no tickets were sold in San Marino so we had to buy a return on the spot. To which the reply 'so how does anyone in San Marino get out' was shall we say not appreciated
You get a lot of ‘third party’ ticket sellers who try stuff like that to make a profit on the tickets.

Sbarcher

The inevitable newspaper articles telling us how to sleep in hot weather!

stay_up_skyblues

The inevitable newspaper articles telling us how to sleep in hot weather!

A whole 20 minutes devoted to staying safe in the heat on the lunchtime news. Interview with the Met Office who had some sterling advice. But for that I wouldn’t have thought to drink water and was actually about to wheel my Nan out into the street and leave her in the sun.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The fridges in Tesco's Bedworth have been out for days now,nearly every time you go in 1 of the lifts are not working.The place is full of pickers making it almost impossible to get round.There are loads of goods on shelves not priced and when you get to the tills you have big queues and the wife still wants to shop in the godforsaken place.It's a good job you get 3 hours in the carpark you need it.
ps You have more chance of speaking to the Queen than the Manager.

robbiekeane

Then throw the weights down so everybody knows they have been doing weights.
Then after they’ve made a massive bang and people look in their direction (thinking what anyway) they puff their shoulders out thinking they’re big time

I deliberately look at them dead in the eye and laugh my head off

Nick

Administrator
The fridges in Tesco's Bedworth have been out for days now,nearly every time you go in 1 of the lifts are not working.The place is full of pickers making it almost impossible to get round.There are loads of goods on shelves not priced and when you get to the tills you have big queues and the wife still wants to shop in the godforsaken place.It's a good job you get 3 hours in the carpark you need it.
ps You have more chance of speaking to the Queen than the Manager.

Yeah it's the same at the Ricoh now.

I just do click and collect, let them go through the stress. I just load my car up and go.

shmmeee

Don’t see how Tesco have a viable business model, they’re basically the stuff you can’t get from Aldi/Lidl. So they’ve got to have massive stock without all the basics bringing the volume in.

robbiekeane

Don’t see how Tesco have a viable business model, they’re basically the stuff you can’t get from Aldi/Lidl. So they’ve got to have massive stock without all the basics bringing the volume in.
People generally can’t be arsed to shop at two places (I can…).
So they rely on their variety bringing people in for the full shop.

Given how busy it is it works

Alan Dugdales Moustache

My order of food shopping where possible :
Lidl/Aldi
Asda
Tesco
Sainsbury's
Waitrose /M&S. Wouldn't even think about it.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Given how busy it is it works
If tesco's had more efficient tills that could read barcodes better and in self service ones that didn't keep telling you something extra is on paid side when there isn't they would not be so busy.

If it's not an Aldi price match you will pay a lot dearer got my Sister in law vanilla excract (no extract no cakes for me) in Aldi. It's over double the price in Tesco.Many more I could quote.

Users who are viewing this thread