Things that annoy you (26 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

A close couple we know had a terrible time when the husband was struck with it. He turned really violent and would attack his wife. He had to be taken to a care home for her safety and very slowly went downhill and passed away.
Has all of this just happened over the last 20 years or so or was it always there without a diagnosis?
It's partly as people live longer, you're more likely to be alive for it to come about, and also in the past you'd just be classed as a lunatic and, if lucky, sent off to Hatton.

chiefdave

Yep....I travelled a 500 mile round trip every month for a few years just to watch my Dad slowly rot into double-incontinent wheel-chair bound vegetable trapped in a "care" home before he finally had the sweet release of death....

A big part of me still regrets not smothering him with his pillow to save his & our pain....... & half my Ma's house!

He had agressive frontal lobe Alzheimers diagnosed at 61. Fucking tragic.
its horrible isn't it. Going through this at the moment, my Dad has advanced vascular dementia, you end up just waiting for them to die. There's zero quality of life and it just ends up becoming all consuming, I don't do anything now apart from visit my Dad or run around after my Mum, who frankly is more trouble than my Dad despite having nothing wrong with her.

In his more lucid times my Dad has more than once asked me to help him kill himself as he doesn't want to be stuck in a home, that's not a peasant conversation to have.

Makes you question if we're doing the right thing. Medicine is so advanced now we seem to be keeping people alive past the point their bodies can cope with it, I'm not sure I see much benefit to it. At least my Dad has visitors, He's been in there months now and its very rare I see anyone else visiting, so sad.

Mcbean

Chief i trust your work people are being a little more sympathetic now - your father will loose his sensation of time but in those visits unlocking some memories even the fact that you are there is worth it - thoughts are with all families who experience this - my wife went through 6 years of visiting her mum in Ireland who had a brain haemorrage and it was big relief when she passed .

jimmyhillsfanclub

its horrible isn't it. Going through this at the moment, my Dad has advanced vascular dementia, you end up just waiting for them to die. There's zero quality of life and it just ends up becoming all consuming, I don't do anything now apart from visit my Dad or run around after my Mum, who frankly is more trouble than my Dad despite having nothing wrong with her.

In his more lucid times my Dad has more than once asked me to help him kill himself as he doesn't want to be stuck in a home, that's not a peasant conversation to have.

Makes you question if we're doing the right thing. Medicine is so advanced now we seem to be keeping people alive past the point their bodies can cope with it, I'm not sure I see much benefit to it. At least my Dad has visitors, He's been in there months now and its very rare I see anyone else visiting, so sad.

So sad. My heart goes out to you Chief...and Daz & anyone else who has loved ones suffering from Alzheimers or Dementia.

Its so fucked up that my beloved old dog who I lost last year was afforded more respect, dignity & care in his final day than we, as society, offer our own parents/grandparents.

NorthernWisdom

and it was big relief when she passed
This is the difficult thing isn't it, and something we have to front up. I remember being glad when my Granddad died, but also being immensely guilty that I felt that way, because you're not supposed to, are you - society tells you it should be a sad time.

And it is, of course, but better to remember the person they were than deal with the person they're not.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Petrol being at £1.80 when last week it was £1.71! 9p In a single week? Absolutely ridiculous
Tesco Clifford Bridge Road : yesterday 171.9. today 178.9.
Beat that.

Sbarcher

Pregnant women who walk around holding their bump to make sure everyone knows they are pregnant. You’d never see a bloke acting like that holding a beer belly.

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Airports, waiting around. Stuck on a bus for half an hour from the plane to the gates that could have taken you 5 minutes to walk. No air, just pure germs.
Just airports generally 😀

Sky_Blue_Daz

Some great responses on this thanks lads , love this forum . Great people on it and keep strong everyone

Tommo1993

TV programmes like this bullshit one called Eat well for less, or something.
  1. Buy cheaper products, don’t always buy the big branded stuff.
  2. Eat more vegetables and less junk.
Vital knowledge, I don’t know how we coped without it.

fernandopartridge

Yes, that Eat well for less seems entirely ignorant of the growth of Aldi / Lidl over the past 15 years

Sbarcher

Yeah. And that it’s a show dedicated entirely to common sense. Next there’ll be a show with some bloke going around a house switching off all the lights, reminding us to save on energy bills.
Like all of the diet programmes. Eat less and healthier and exercise more. Nuff said.

Nick

Administrator
That garage in holbrooks near the roundabout for the a444 that has "wheel alignement" all over their signs in big letters.

Sky Blue Harry H

Parked in Stratford to pick up my lad after his exam. Was about to cross the road to a parking pay machine, when a punk aged about 18 with dyed ginger hair (with 2 skateboarder mates) found it funny to randomly scream at me. When I said 'hello' in a deadpan response, he glared at me, walked 20 yards up the road, turned around and shouted '4 eyed w*nker'

What annoyed me most was my inability to comment on the fact that he'd chosen to dye his hair ginger. Not sure if I'm more annoyed with myself or with him. Apologies to any gingers on here. If anyone comes across a skinny 18yo ginger punk in Stratford, please feel free to spill something on him, or trip him up accidentally.

Mcbean

Yeah. And that it’s a show dedicated entirely to common sense. Next there’ll be a show with some bloke going around a house switching off all the lights, reminding us to save on energy bills.
Might get my wife to watch that one - she is oblivious to switching lights off - seriously considering having timer switches !

OffenhamSkyBlue

I disagree with you to some extent on this one. I admit, it doesn't make great viewing for many of us (who know better), but if it was to be watched by people who are genuinely struggling and don't know that there is a cheaper and healthier way to feed your family, i think it has some value.
I haven't watched it for a very long time because i am not in that target audience, but if it teaches people that you can make two meals (e.g. cottage pie and spag bol) for a family of four from a single 1kg pack of minced beef (£2.39 in Lidl) or a large chicken (£4), rather than buying ready meals, TV dinners and takeaways, i'm in favour.
Problem is, i doubt their target audience actually watch it!

PS Add more veg like carrots and celery as well as a good handful of lentils to a spag bol to make it go further in a healthy way!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Moving house soon, the stress levels my wife manages to get her to is beyond me. Just sling our stuff in a few boxes and off we go I say, how hard can it be?
It's the stuff you just never ever use but can't face chucking out that's the thing and when you move you finally realise how weak you really are and still box it up. 😀

eastwoodsdustman

There's a dance or acting school (don't care which BTW) opened up near where I work. It's chaos up there when I try get home. There's nothing worse than pushy mums and dads in their 4x4's getting the spoilt little brats in and out of there. They're all blinkered and oblivious to anyone else using the roads at that time of night.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

There's a dance or acting school (don't care which BTW) opened up near where I work. It's chaos up there when I try get home. There's nothing worse than pushy mums and dads in their 4x4's getting the spoilt little brats in and out of there. They're all blinkered and oblivious to anyone else using the roads at that time of night.
Like that outside a lot of primary schools around 3 pm. Parking is absolute nightmare. I bet a lot of them live 100 yards away.

Users who are viewing this thread