Things that annoy you (11 Viewers)

wingy

It could be an optical vascular loop (or something like that).

The GLW has it and gets it fixed via Botox (on the NHS).

Each treatment usually lasts for about six months. Might be worth speaking with your GP.
Greater lost Wag?

Sbarcher

Morrison’s breakfast! Just had to take a friend to Banbury A&E and thought I’d pop into Morrison’s for a late breakfast. Ok it only costs a fiver but to have 1/2 a raw tomato, large raw mushroom and anemic bacon which has hardly seen heat from any form of cooking device is a bit much. The beans had a protective tomato sauce covering over them too. Mind you the sausage was good. Next time I’ll go upmarket and find a Spoons.

NorthernWisdom

Morrison’s breakfast! Just had to take a friend to Banbury A&E and thought I’d pop into Morrison’s for a late breakfast. Ok it only costs a fiver but to have 1/2 a raw tomato, large raw mushroom and anemic bacon which has hardly seen heat from any form of cooking device is a bit much. The beans had a protective tomato sauce covering over them too. Mind you the sausage was good. Next time I’ll go upmarket and find a Spoons.
Sould try the one in Scotland - square sausage with bonus gristle, fried bread dripping in grease, and topped off by service with a snarl.

chiefdave

Online shops that list things in stock that they haven't got. Happens all the time buying vinyl. You track down somewhere that has something, order it, then a few days later you get an email saying they're waiting for it to come in from the supplier then inevitably a few weeks later you get the 'we can't get hold of this' email.

Just put on the website you don't have it in stock in the first place!

skybluejelly

People that list stuff on eBay ..then when you win say I am on holiday for next 10 days is it ok to post it when I am back … no it’s not you moron ..why would you list stuff then go on holiday

Sbarcher

Christmas presents. Honestly it gets ridiculous with extended family. not Being a prick but I have everything I want really so just donate to charity and let’s get pissed
With you on this one. My New Year resolution for this year was not to buy any new clothes/shoes etc. Nearly year end and still on course. Most Christmas presents would normally be clothes, but will request chocolate only for this year!

robbiekeane

With you on this one. My New Year resolution for this year was not to buy any new clothes/shoes etc. Nearly year end and still on course. Most Christmas presents would normally be clothes, but will request chocolate only for this year!
And it's the stress of pressure to buy people useless shit just so that you're not seen as tight or stingy. It becomes a ridiculous example of game theory

I tell person A i don't want anything. Person A say's they don't want anything either. Scenarios:

A - I don't buy Person A anything, and they buy me something. I look like a nob.
B - I buy Person A something, and they don't buy me something. They look/feel like a nob.
C - I don't buy Person A anything, and they don't buy me anything. Great, noone looks like a nob and noones wasted money.
D - I buy person A something, and they buy me something. Both of us have shit presents and have collectively wasted 40-100 quid to save face.

People are so scared of scenario A or B happening that they go for D and meanwhile there are poor fuckers who can't afford their heating.

I generally try and set 5 or 10 pound limits on things or say lets go out for dinner/food/beer or whatever because it gets stupid.

Am I an old boring fart now?

OffenhamSkyBlue

Online shops that list things in stock that they haven't got. Happens all the time buying vinyl. You track down somewhere that has something, order it, then a few days later you get an email saying they're waiting for it to come in from the supplier then inevitably a few weeks later you get the 'we can't get hold of this' email.

Have you considered buying laminate flooring as an alternative to vinyl? I always find there is plenty of choice with that! 🤣

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I wish the media would stop saying " mandatory" and say "compulsory" when it comes to face masks. Loads of people don't know what mandatory means.

Brighton Sky Blue

And it's the stress of pressure to buy people useless shit just so that you're not seen as tight or stingy. It becomes a ridiculous example of game theory

I tell person A i don't want anything. Person A say's they don't want anything either. Scenarios:

A - I don't buy Person A anything, and they buy me something. I look like a nob.
B - I buy Person A something, and they don't buy me something. They look/feel like a nob.
C - I don't buy Person A anything, and they don't buy me anything. Great, noone looks like a nob and noones wasted money.
D - I buy person A something, and they buy me something. Both of us have shit presents and have collectively wasted 40-100 quid to save face.

People are so scared of scenario A or B happening that they go for D and meanwhile there are poor fuckers who can't afford their heating.

I generally try and set 5 or 10 pound limits on things or say lets go out for dinner/food/beer or whatever because it gets stupid.

Am I an old boring fart now?

The wife suggested instead of getting presents or cards, just to book a fancy getaway next year for our anniversary at the place we got married. It'll cost more than a Terry's chocolate orange but much happier doing something like that.

JAM See

There's probably a whole separate thread on this, but let me put my two'pennorth in anyway.

Vinyl is bollocks. The whole thing is a fucking rip off.

Macca1987

The wife suggested instead of getting presents or cards, just to book a fancy getaway next year for our anniversary at the place we got married. It'll cost more than a Terry's chocolate orange but much happier doing something like that.
Doing something similar, the wife and I don't really need anything for xmas, so we are treating ourselves to a weekend in York away from everyone. Better then chocolate or a jumper or slippers etc etc

Reactions: vow

skybluesam66

came up for a check on the self scan
When they rescanned, they scanned something twice in error - which made it look like my error
so now I get checked every time

Blind-Faith

My first day off for two weeks , and I’m wide awake at the usual time , still annoyed about my under 10s team getting hammered 8-2 yesterday!

robbiekeane

The media and covid. I just hate the media they just want to create a stir and mass panic. Do they realise that they are probably talking us onto a red list in other countries with all of the hysteria?

Nick

Administrator
The media and covid. I just hate the media they just want to create a stir and mass panic. Do they realise that they are probably talking us onto a red list in other countries with all of the hysteria?
It's been the same since the start. Disabled news apps sending push alerts to my phone, every time somebody gets the new version.

Users who are viewing this thread