Things that annoy you (26 Viewers)

Mcbean

Good coming to games by bike as you can park for free and get out quick however the muppets on the way home are as above - got hooted on Saturday by an arse in a Range Rover who wanted my bit of road that I had in no way inconvenienced him by taking it !

ovduk78

Good coming to games by bike as you can park for free and get out quick however the muppets on the way home are as above - got hooted on Saturday by an arse in a Range Rover who wanted my bit of road that I had in no way inconvenienced him by taking it !
Used to love going to games on my bike both home & away. Always managed to get away fairly quickly through the traffic. Only issues I had were with my helmet where at Arsenal they insisted on storing it in a locked turnstile but after the game nobody knew who had the key (I wasn't that bothered as it was the 3-0 win) and Spurs where they wanted to take it off me as I might throw it on the pitch but I managed to convince them that that might limit my ability to get home. I started locking it to the bike and it got very wet inside in a downpour at Leicester.

Mcbean

Used to love going to games on my bike both home & away. Always managed to get away fairly quickly through the traffic. Only issues I had were with my helmet where at Arsenal they insisted on storing it in a locked turnstile but after the game nobody knew who had the key (I wasn't that bothered as it was the 3-0 win) and Spurs where they wanted to take it off me as I might throw it on the pitch but I managed to convince them that that might limit my ability to get home. I started locking it to the bike and it got very wet inside in a downpour at Leicester.
Topbox or pannier 👍

ovduk78

I've always driven with a defensive outlook. As you guys say, riding a bike teaches you to always be alert for the unexpected.
Our son has just turned 16 and I have sent away for his driving licence so I can get him to do his CBT before he learns to drive when he is 17. I don't want him to get a bike but have always thought that riding one makes people better drivers.

Mcbean

Our son has just turned 16 and I have sent away for his driving licence so I can get him to do his CBT before he learns to drive when he is 17. I don't want him to get a bike but have always thought that riding one makes people better drivers.
Yes definitely- increases awareness - got heated seat as well - but considering heated gloves as my heated grips don’t get hot enough but agree marvellous thing

hill83

People on about the UK taking on refugees (currently Afghanistan) whilst saying “why only the UK doing it, why nobody else” without realising there’s fucking shit loads of other countries doing the same, arguably more so. And then when called out on it going. “You know what I mean”

Utter utter pillocks.

Hertsccfc

People on about the UK taking on refugees (currently Afghanistan) whilst saying “why only the UK doing it, why nobody else” without realising there’s fucking shit loads of other countries doing the same, arguably more so. And then when called out on it going. “You know what I mean”

Utter utter pillocks.
Many countries have taken substantially more.

Nick

Administrator

Yep, it's basic road sense you get as well to then take on to getting a driving license.

I did the same too and the confidence on the road was much better.

richnrg

people that deliberately set their clocks 5 minutes ahead, to apparently fool themselves into never being late. And then proceed to tell you 'don't worry, its 5 minutes fast' when you look at the clock.

Blind-Faith

Been to train my local under 10s team tonight , only 5 out of 13 turned up, two of them ( my best two players ) told me they are off to play for other clubs and the two worst players also turned up.

Spent two hours Monday sorting out winter training venues , an hour last night sorting the new kit out and over an hour tonight for training. Someone tell me why I fucking bother???

torchomatic

The CBT thing is such a good idea. When I got my first scooter when I turned 17 in 1982 there was no such thing as training. It was a 200 but I had sent the reg doc to the DVLA stating it had changed to a 125 (they never checked, we all did it) and that was it . First time I ever went on it was a scooter run to Morecambe. Didn't have a clue how to ride. I kept wondering why it made a horrible noise when I changed gear, took me a few miles to realise what the clutch was for.

Passed my bike test in 1984, that was easy too. The examiner was outside the cinema in Leamington if you know where that is. I just had to do circuits around the parade and do an emergency stop when we jumped into the road. No one followed me or checked what I was doing. Passed. Those were the days.

ovduk78

The CBT thing is such a good idea. When I got my first scooter when I turned 17 in 1982 there was no such thing as training. It was a 200 but I had sent the reg doc to the DVLA stating it had changed to a 125 (they never checked, we all did it) and that was it . First time I ever went on it was a scooter run to Morecambe. Didn't have a clue how to ride. I kept wondering why it made a horrible noise when I changed gear, took me a few miles to realise what the clutch was for.

Passed my bike test in 1984, that was easy too. The examiner was outside the cinema in Leamington if you know where that is. I just had to do circuits around the parade and do an emergency stop when we jumped into the road. No one followed me or checked what I was doing. Passed. Those were the days.
Did you ride on A roads to Morecambe?
I got my first moped in 1977 when I was 16 & progressed to a 125 when I was 17 & took my test on it without a single lesson a year later. I took my test in Rugby so just rode around for 1/2 an hour occasionally in sight of the examiner. For the emergency stop he jumped onto the road about 50 yards in front of me so I was nowhere near him when I stopped, found out after that the week before an examiner jumped out a lot closer and was ran over 😂

JAM See

'Reminiscence' with that bloke who's Wolverine. Avoid.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Germany took a million Syrians. Just shows how mean spirited some are when they moan about the thousands we have taken in.

You are missing the point.

I don't think most British people have a problem wanting to put a roof over the heads of those who genuinely need it. There are however, a lot of people who take our asylum system for granted. It loses sympathy with the general population. I bet there are a few in Afghanistan right now wanting to be lifted back to the UK who claimed asylum previously.

Also, Merkel's decision to let everyone and anyone in pretty much put the nail in the coffin for the brexit vote.

eastwoodsdustman

Been to train my local under 10s team tonight , only 5 out of 13 turned up, two of them ( my best two players ) told me they are off to play for other clubs and the two worst players also turned up.

Spent two hours Monday sorting out winter training venues , an hour last night sorting the new kit out and over an hour tonight for training. Someone tell me why I fucking bother???
I think it’s great that you’re running a kids team but Part and parcel of kids football I’m sad to say and it’s mainly down th parents.
I had it when I started and in the end took any kid who wanted to play irrespective of ability as long as they were nice kids and the parents were decent.
I can honestly say that it was the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done. I enjoyed it and the kids did too. They all got better as they went on. Most lads teams fold at u16 but we carried on through to u18s and quite a few now play men’s football.
Most kids are happy to play and won’t worry about whether they lost or not the next day. The parents usually do though!

Blind-Faith

I think it’s great that you’re running a kids team but Part and parcel of kids football I’m sad to say and it’s mainly down th parents.
I had it when I started and in the end took any kid who wanted to play irrespective of ability as long as they were nice kids and the parents were decent.
I can honestly say that it was the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done. I enjoyed it and the kids did too. They all got better as they went on. Most lads teams fold at u16 but we carried on through to u18s and quite a few now play men’s football.
Most kids are happy to play and won’t worry about whether they lost or not the next day. The parents usually do though!

Yeah I’ve only been doing it since April so obviously still learning. But on the whole I’m really enjoying it and the kids seem to be. Was just annoyed last night that’s all.

I also don’t actually mind what ability they are, I was shit when I was a kid. The best part for me is seeing the worst ones improve bit by bit, but losing your 2 best players was just a bit of a punch in the gut that’s all.

torchomatic

Did you ride on A roads to Morecambe?
I got my first moped in 1977 when I was 16 & progressed to a 125 when I was 17 & took my test on it without a single lesson a year later. I took my test in Rugby so just rode around for 1/2 an hour occasionally in sight of the examiner. For the emergency stop he jumped onto the road about 50 yards in front of me so I was nowhere near him when I stopped, found out after that the week before an examiner jumped out a lot closer and was ran over 😂

Yes, straight on the A roads with a mate who had a Vespa 50 Special, which couldn't do more than 27 MPH. Took us 12 hours to get there. Same here with my test as I said, only saw the examiner for the emergency stop.

eastwoodsdustman

Yeah I’ve only been doing it since April so obviously still learning. But on the whole I’m really enjoying it and the kids seem to be. Was just annoyed last night that’s all.

I also don’t actually mind what ability they are, I was shit when I was a kid. The best part for me is seeing the worst ones improve bit by bit, but losing your 2 best players was just a bit of a punch in the gut that’s all.
Stick with it. Sounds like you’re doing it for the right reasons, Don’t worry about results on the pitch. Just enjoy seeing them grow up and improve.

ovduk78

Yes, straight on the A roads with a mate who had a Vespa 50 Special, which couldn't do more than 27 MPH. Took us 12 hours to get there. Same here with my test as I said, only saw the examiner for the emergency stop.
I had friends who got a 250 when they were 17, took their test and were on a 750 at 18 having never had a lesson. It's bloody scary when you think about it.

torchomatic

I had friends who got a 250 when they were 17, took their test and were on a 750 at 18 having never had a lesson. It's bloody scary when you think about it.

Well, I suppose that was the only *sensible* thing I did. Even though I could have got bigger bikes, I was into scooters and the largest I had was a 200 and they were so *slow* as they were so heavy. My brother was into bikes and I had a go on his RD400 once down the Fosse and scared myself to death, speed was never attractive. I had loads of different scooters from 1982 until 2014. Still miss going on them.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
The quality of bus drivers.

Twice in 2 days I have nearly been hit by a bus on the road. Both times the drivers looked like they were shit scared of being at the wheel of a bus.

JAM See

Knobhead pedestrians/cyclists/car drivers (delete as appropriate) who fail to notice a 20 ton Public Service Vehicle when it's trying to get underpaid, overstretched key workers to their place of employment.

oakey

Noise.
Everyone seems to have a mower, strimmer, chainsaw, tile cutter, leaf blower, car alarm etc
Every vehicle has to beep, roar their engine, take 17 point turns noisily in the cul de sac I live in.
My neighbour mows his postage stamp lawn with a high pitched jet engine powered machine for 25 minutes. He looks like he's in a trance as he does the same square yard 47 times. Then he comes back and does it again 2 minutes later
F#cker's doing his tiny lawn again.🤡

Tommo1993

Knobhead pedestrians/cyclists/car drivers (delete as appropriate) who fail to notice a 20 ton Public Service Vehicle when it's trying to get underpaid, overstretched key workers to their place of employment.

…and moan when something hasn’t been emptied/collected/delivered

Evo1883

Phase 2 season ticket holders
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread