Things that annoy you (12 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

At my wife's school they had a blanket rule of 'quarantining' any books handed in for 36 hours before marking and the same with them going back, if there's no need for that after all it makes life a tiny bit easier

Same at my school, I don’t bother with it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thanks for that, something that I don't believe has been said in MSM?

It has been hinted at but put it this way I don’t wipe down surfaces or sanitise my hands anywhere near as often as I put a mask on or open a window. This is why takeaway food is no risk to you (for COVID, not your heart!) and likely why we saw no spikes in cases during the summer when there were huge outdoor gatherings.

Keep an eye on the Lancet for stuff like this as it comes out

OffenhamSkyBlue

That's a pile of horse-shit!
Their correspondence to the Lancet relates to their "research" (published in March and May) and relates to hospital wards only. They use the caveat " provided that standard cleaning procedures and precautions are enforced". This may be achievable in a hospital (although the number of intra-hospital transmissions could suggest otherwise) or a well-managed workplace, but WON'T happen at a random cash machine where people are not using (or frequently fiddling with) masks in public spaces. They also argue that airborne transmission is not the primary cause - it's got to be coming from fuckin somewhere!!

Brighton Sky Blue

That's a pile of horse-shit!
Their correspondence to the Lancet relates to their "research" (published in March and May) and relates to hospital wards only. They use the caveat " provided that standard cleaning procedures and precautions are enforced". This may be achievable in a hospital (although the number of intra-hospital transmissions could suggest otherwise) or a well-managed workplace, but WON'T happen at a random cash machine where people are not using (or frequently fiddling with) masks in public spaces. They also argue that airborne transmission is not the primary cause - it's got to be coming from fuckin somewhere!!

Could find other papers on the matter OSB? From what I have read and discussed with doctors/microbiologists on this barring someone sneezing or coughing onto the surface followed by one touching it shortly after, growing COVID from the surface is difficult. It supports washing your hands properly (which anyone should be doing anyway), but not sterilising surfaces within an inch of their life or creating volumes of waste from disposable wipes.

Last edited:

OffenhamSkyBlue

Well i haven't done an in-depth literature review in the past 10 minutes, no! :)

But here's one for starters ... Air and Environmental Contamination Caused by COVID-19 Patients: a Multi-Center Study - PubMed

And one from our shores (again from hospitals, which contradicts the Italian study) Detection of SARS-CoV-2 within the healthcare environment: a multicentre study conducted during the first wave of the COVID-19 outbreak in England - PubMed
By the way, Allan Bennett from PHE Porton Down (the principal author on that paper) is widely regarded in the biosafety community as being pretty much a national treasure when it comes to infection control!

I'll leave this here, but this is a pretty robust review, in my opinion A Systematic Review of Surface Contamination, Stability, and Disinfection Data on SARS-CoV-2 (Through July 10, 2020) - PubMed
I'll be washing my hands whenever i have touched something i'm not in control of, and i advise others to do the same, especially as the new variant spreads.
It's all about reducing risk, so if you are in a shared workspace, for example, i would recommend reducing the risk to yourself by disinfecting your work area and particularly equipment before you use it. (Cue the knob gags!)
People wearing masks in a disciplined way will obviously have an impact on how much virus they plant on surfaces, but like any control measure that is dependent on people's behaviour, it is very much dependent on how well they implement it. I'd be very wary in an uncontrolled public setting.
Regarding books, even the earliest studies demonstrated that you couldn't recover the virus from paper or similar absorbent materials, so i don't think quarantining books is necessary.

Stay safe - and STAY APART!

Last edited:

Mcbean

Listening to radio 5 to the LC NU game - i am not sure who she is but the lady commentator is awful with a squeaky voice - will have to turn off

skyblue1991

Supermarket staff that verify your bags before you start shopping then say you have to wait until everything is scanned through for any products that are challenge 18.

Why can't you just verify it at the same time as the bags? Bastards!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Blind-Faith

Getting ready for your first day back at work , all showered and feeling fresh and crisp , then needing to take a dump!

skyblue1991

Catching up with emails this morning, people that call the Christmas period 'the holidays'.

Fuck off, it's Christmas

LastGarrison

These complete and utter dorks

You can’t fart in town without them saying it’s damaging a shit grey post war dilapidated car park.
Read that earlier.

What utter bollocks. Can't believe this is their standpoint:

“As noted in pre-application discussions, the current position of the Three Tuns mural, both inside and outside the retail unit, evokes the sense of it being carved from the building material rather than applied, and it is difficult to see how this effect will be replicated.

"We maintain our previously stated view that repositioning in a freestanding location would likely compromise the mural’s significance and could also damage it.”

So there is no real heritage to it at all?

This city is trying its best to evolve and move forward and time after time it's the residents that hold it back.

Users who are viewing this thread