Things that annoy you (19 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Don’t want to turn into another political thread but 2010 turned a generation of the Tories, 2020 likely to do the same. Are they monumentally shit at targeting the younger vote or do they just not give a shit and hope they pick them up when they turn 50?

I think you know the answer

skybluegod

Not really, she could have a years experience in a job or got her first year at uni done.

I've worked with people who obsess over qualifications, they are doing this, doing that course. They want this title etc.

Absolutely no clue what to do when it comes to actually putting it into practice though. They are great at exams and revising though.

Issue is now employers don't care about your experience unless you have the qualifications first. The amount of good candidates that go to waste just because they don't have a piece of paper that says 'degree in 'insert bullshit subject' is unreal.

vow

Since when did socks and flip flops make a comeback? Annoyingly stupid look
I've only seen footballers with the "socks and sliders" generally at training?

Or do you mean on the street? if so, they're wronguns.

Marty

Litter again!! do the council even bother with litter picking now? the city is an absolute shit hole and has been for weeks.

shmmeee

Litter again!! do the council even bother with litter picking now? the city is an absolute shit hole and has been for weeks.

Nope. Had this when I lived in Foleshill all the time. They’ll remove racist graffiti (including anti English cos that’s what I reported) within 24 hours though.

We used to joke the best way to get them to remove bags of rubbish or an old fridge is to spray paint a swastika on it.

fernandopartridge

Nope. Had this when I lived in Foleshill all the time. They’ll remove racist graffiti (including anti English cos that’s what I reported) within 24 hours though.

We used to joke the best way to get them to remove bags of rubbish or an old fridge is to spray paint a swastika on it.
This is the problem with a unitary authority, the scope of services is much wider and they seem to deprioritise basic stuff like street cleaning when it comes to setting a budget.

I live in a small ish town with a lower tier borough council, bin collections and street cleaning are great as they're able to give them services greater priority. They even came round in a little truck spraying weed killer earlier this week. I've never seen that before.

Marty

Can they not get youth offenders doing this sort of stuff? cleaning the streets, looking after flower beds, removing graffiti?

chiefdave

Before lockdown used to drive down the A45 every day and that's terrible for litter. Do people just chuck things out of their cars rather than taking it home?

Not the best first impression for people coming into the city.

shmmeee

Can they not get youth offenders doing this sort of stuff? cleaning the streets, looking after flower beds, removing graffiti?

Comes with a cost still of admin and supervision, but as FP says cheaper than some punishments and might be taken out of the policing budget instead.

Sad as it is to say, the best thing is probably not to rely on the council and try and organise a regular community litter pick or something. Get a local garden centre to donate some plants, that sort of thing.

As a Labour member it’s something I think political parties should help with, put our money where our mouth is. I reckon a few hours of litter picking would probably do a lot more for a politicians public image than most of the stuff they do.

wingy

The guys voice and hyperness advertising the Contour legacy leg pillow or anything else he pushes for JML.😠

skyblueinBaku

People who aspirate the letter 'h'. It's pronounced aitch not haitch. The TV adverts for Currys are full of it. The director of those adverts should be sacked for not correcting the dimwits that appear in them. It's something that really winds me up.

Last edited:

skyblue1991

It's pronounced aitch

a0639fb47677ae72087017d45c3da0c4.jpg

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

ccfc92

Arrogant pricks.

Went to the New Forest today to introduce Dabo to some horses and they have little car parks dotted around.

This one was full near several horses and there was two older ladies chatting by their cars. I politely asked "Have you just arrived, or are you leaving shortly?" They then said they are leaving, but I'll have to wait a few minutes. i.e, so they can finish their chat. (They were still chatting when we returned 20 mins later to our car)

Could have easily just moved their car so I could park and they could carry on chatting. I should have dropped the politeness after that and called them stuck up cunts.

ccfc92

Adding to that, was going down a country road and a DPD driver had blocked the road to drop off a parcel to a house, even though he could have swung into their drive.

Saw me before getting the parcel out his van, then didn't acknowledge me at all when returning to his van.

Absolute arrogant prick.

Tommo1993

Adding to that, was going down a country road and a DPD driver had blocked the road to drop off a parcel to a house, even though he could have swung into their drive.

Saw me before getting the parcel out his van, then didn't acknowledge me at all when returning to his van.

Absolute arrogant prick.

Think they’re bigger than they are. Mate, you’re driving a van that’s not even long wheel based, and not even 7ft wide. Why you blocking the road?! Those van drivers are the bane of our lives. We’ve got to manoeuvre our trucks slowly into small gaps with those inconsiderate cunts zipping around us like flies.

Users who are viewing this thread