Things that annoy you (29 Viewers)

OffenhamSkyBlue

but why not just get married - with a civil (non -religious) ceremony?
Well that is a very good question, and one which the present Mrs OSB and I took!
I don't understand the logic myself, but there are people that have that point of view. The couple who won the case hold an objection to the "patriarchal nature" of marriage (whatever that means). But whenever they legalised same sex marriage and civil marriage, they should have scrapped civil partnership, maybe? That would also have made it a level playing field for all

shmmeee

The Halal thing always makes me laugh. Once posted that I’d had a really nice kebab from German Donor and my mates went off on a rant for about ten texts about fucking halal. Such virtue signalling bollocks.

It literally just means “allowed”. Air and water are halal are you going to stop having them too?

I get the animal cruelty thing for meat. But also, you are literally murdering the animal to eat. The moral boat has kinda sailed.

Right wing vegans.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Incidentally, a colleague who used to be an Environmental Health Officer tells me that, while people think donners are probably full of contaminated this and that, they used to get FAR more contamination positives from the salad in the kebab shops, and virtually none from the rotating meat wonder!

Ian1779

Why would anyone be outraged by a Kosher symbol though? Have sections of the Jewish community commited heinous sex crimes against children or acts of terrorism on British soil?

The comparison is utterly flawed.

It’s not flawed at all. The fact is that this is a post about religious intolerance, and fuck all to do with bread. You only have to look at the #brexit and #conservative tags to see that as they are utterly irrelevant to this.

Reactions: vow

shmmeee

shmmeee

Well that is a very good question, and one which the present Mrs OSB and I took!
I don't understand the logic myself, but there are people that have that point of view. The couple who won the case hold an objection to the "patriarchal nature" of marriage (whatever that means). But whenever they legalised same sex marriage and civil marriage, they should have scrapped civil partnership, maybe? That would also have made it a level playing field for all

The state should have nothing to do with who fucks who. You want to have a party and say how much you love each other, crack on, but it’s fuck all to do with how you should be treated by society.

fellatio_Martinez

It’s not flawed at all. The fact is that this is a post about religious intolerance, and fuck all to do with bread. You only have to look at the #brexit and #conservative tags to see that as they are utterly irrelevant to this.

This is where you argument is flawed. If it's religious intolerance why aren't the "Nazi far right Brexiteers" going after the Jews and their Kosher labels too?

You can't just say that it's fashionable to go after Islam as that doesn't get to the root of the issue.

Feeble.

"According to the best available data, Asian men make up 75 per cent of “Type 1” group abusers, who target children and young women because they are vulnerable"

Last edited:

Ian1779

This is where you argument is flawed. If it's religious intolerance why aren't the "Nazi far right Brexiteers" going after the Jews and their Kosher labels too?

You can't just say that it's fashionable to go after Islam as that doesn't get to the root of the issue.

Feeble.

"According to the best available data, Asian men make up 75 per cent of “Type 1” group abusers, who target children and young women because they are vulnerable"

So what is the root of the issue? It’s bugger all to do with bread I bet.

ccfc92

People who are just so arrogant and/or simple.

They were taking down the xmas market in Bournemouth today, with an area cordoned off while they worked. Some woman decided to squeeze between a building and orange roadworks cordon to enter where they were working, rather than walking around like everyone else.

Another dope decided to walk in front of a fork lift, despite everyone else waiting for the fork lift to go past. There were even people in hi-vis stopping people going in front of it, but this girl walked past them regardless.

skyblue1991

People who are just so arrogant and/or simple.

They were taking down the xmas market in Bournemouth today, with an area cordoned off while they worked. Some woman decided to squeeze between a building and orange roadworks cordon to enter where they were working, rather than walking around like everyone else.

Another dope decided to walk in front of a fork lift, despite everyone else waiting for the fork lift to go past. There were even people in hi-vis stopping people going in front of it, but this girl walked past them regardless.

Expect a Facebook post or selling the story to the Daily Mail highlighting their 'outrage'

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

There’s fewer Jews than Muslims and mostly because Jews are white and Muslims are brown. Though as you mention it yes antisemitic abuse from the right is on the rise recently.

Feeble.

All grass is green, not everything that is green is grass.

shmmeee

I know they're not strictly within the criteria but worth mentioning the Israelis that gang raped a British girl in Cyprus and the King David Hotel attack in the 40s.

Almost like shitty people exist in ever culture huh?

EDL 'senior member' jailed for sexual abuse of 10-year-old girl

Neo-Nazi who said homosexuality was 'unnatural' revealed as paedophile who groomed young boys

Bishop names Enoch Powell in paedophile ring, satanic worship scandal - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Do seem to be an awful lot on the far right though. Probably why they’re so obsessed with calling everyone else pedos. Nothing like a bit of projection.

Otis

Table water in restaurants.

Go to some restaurants and they say do you want table water and you get a free jug of water.

Went to the Botanist on New Year's Eve and the waitress asked if we would like some table water. Never mentioned any charge at all.

A bottle of water was on the bill. £3.70.

£3.70 for a bottle of water.

skyblue1991

Table water in restaurants.

Go to some restaurants and they say do you want table water and you get a free jug of water.

Went to the Botanist on New Year's Eve and the waitress asked if we would like some table water. Never mentioned any charge at all.

A bottle of water was on the bill. £3.70.

£3.70 for a bottle of water.
Isn't there a rule (or law even) that states water should be provided to customers at a pub/restaurant free of charge? Perhaps its tap water only I'm thinking of

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

covmark

Lazy fuckers in supermarkets, who can't be arsed to put empty trolleys back in the designated areas. Some even leave them in parking spaces. This happened to me today, lucky not to hit the thing.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

You could fill a thread just with people in supermarkets. One I hate is when someone leaves something that should be refrigerated in a different area so not only can the person not be arsed putting it back, they're also happily letting it go off in the process

Nick

Administrator
You could fill a thread just with people in supermarkets. One I hate is when someone leaves something that should be refrigerated in a different area so not only can the person not be arsed putting it back, they're also happily letting it go off in the process

I am the opposite, I like putting stuff in the freezer if I don't want it.

Nick

Administrator
Fury as Muslim McDonald's customer mistakenly bites into Sausage & Egg McMuffin

Shit like this. If you weren't fixated with TV and shoving food into your mouth, you may have realised?

Conveniently, now looking for financial compensation.

*This would be my opinion on any other religious and/or dietary requirements*

Who goes to newspapers about things like that? Utter cunts.

I am a practicing Muslim with a nice, long beard and proud of it so they knew.

Imagine if somebody just assumed everybody with a beard was muslim.

ccfc92

Who goes to newspapers about things like that? Utter cunts.

Imagine if somebody just assumed everybody with a beard was muslim.

Exactly, imagine the uproar to that. That's why I put a disclaimer on my post.

Also, nice long beard?

2lgzrCO.jpg

Mcbean

Why does he deserve financial compensation - probably a genuine mistake - an apology should suffice

Nick

Administrator
Same as in the Telegraph a while back

Family OUTRAGED at missing Christmas jumper order at Nuneaton Asda

Turns out the silly bitch gave them the wrong details in store, she still went to the press about it though.

fellatio_Martinez

One I hate is when someone leaves something that should be refrigerated in a different area so not only can the person not be arsed putting it back, they're also happily letting it go off in the process

I used to work at the deli counter of a supermarket when I was at college. I served customers deli meats, fish, steaks or whatever and I made pizzas to order too. The amount of times twats ordered pizzas and either didn't come back for them or just left them in a freezer or on a shelf was infuriating. I'd say easily 1/3 pizzas were wasted.

Same for meats. They were often tossed into freezers or even amongst clothes and then thrown out.

People really are gimps at times.

Users who are viewing this thread