The Walsh Talk (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

The average YEARLY Championship wage back in 2006 was around £150,000. That works out at around £3,000 per week - still an extraordinary salary compared to your average Joe in the United Kingdom.

14 years on and the average wage has rocketed; players are averaging closer to £29,000 per week.

SeaSeeEffCee

The difference between now and when we were last in the league was staggering. When we got relegated £1m was considered a fair bit of cash to spend on a new player, now for most teams it would be considered a relatively low price.

SlowerThanPlatt

Walker, Ostigard and O'Hare could easily have got Championship moves elsewhere I'm sure.

O’Hare was in and out in League 1 with Shipley who isn’t everyone’s favourite and Westbrooke whos now at Bristol Rovers, not undroppable like Walsh. He’s a better player than both but I can’t imagine too many clubs higher up were offering him first team football - most of his contributions were off the bench

shmmeee

Walker, Ostigard and O'Hare could easily have got Championship moves elsewhere I'm sure.

O’Hare maybe. I think Forest we’re looking? Walker though when I looked only L1 fans were talking about him maybe signing. Don’t know about Østigård.

Grendel

shmmeee

Another lone signing coming this week !

Wait. Why is this in the Walsh thread??

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread