The Walsh Talk (2 Viewers)

Gibbo

We have two loans (both in defence). We had three when Bright came at Xmas, the year before last. We also had three under Mowbray. I am a fan of loans, as they provide better quality players that we ever could afford to buy. Walsh is the supreme example of that.

Equally I wince every time we offer a three year contract - under Robins not one player has satisfactorily made it through three years. There are question marks about Kelly at our new level for instance. Just look at the turnover in the first team, and the job that has to be done getting rid of them when they drop out of the 1st eleven. I hope there is a standard 'get out' clause after two years. You can't just keep on acquiring players on three year contracts. That only works if you stay in the same division every season and so reduce player turnover

BUT there is always a risk, when you rely on as many as three loans, of being over reliant. Also if we take Garner or Field or whoever, the assumption must be that Kelly loses his place at sometime in the first 10 games and that would leave a very inexperienced centtral midfield.

Personally I'd like to see Shippers re-trained as a central midfielder as back up to Kelly. It will mean him learning to tackle...

So it is not straightforward. Answers on a postcard to M Robins, c/o Alan Higgs Centre.....

Liquid Gold

We have two loans (both in defence). We had three when Bright came at Xmas, the year before last. We also had three under Mowbray. I am a fan of loans, as they provide better quality players that we ever could afford to buy. Walsh is the supreme example of that.

Equally I wince every time we offer a three year contract - under Robins not one player has satisfactorily made it through three years. There are question marks about Kelly at our new level for instance. Just look at the turnover in the first team, and the job that has to be done getting rid of them when they drop out of the 1st eleven. I hope there is a standard 'get out' clause after two years. You can't just keep on acquiring players on three year contracts. That only works if you stay in the same division every season and so reduce player turnover

BUT there is always a risk, when you rely on as many as three loans, of being over reliant. Also if we take Garner or Field or whoever, the assumption must be that Kelly loses his place at sometime in the first 10 games and that would leave a very inexperienced centtral midfield.

Personally I'd like to see Shippers re-trained as a central midfielder as back up to Kelly. It will mean him learning to tackle...

So it is not straightforward. Answers on a postcard to M Robins, c/o Alan Higgs Centre.....
Fucking hell. Of all the things to moan about the club having to move on past players as we've progressed so much is scraping the barrel.

City fans eh.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

3 year contracts bring stability. You can’t honestly believe our past dealings as 12 out 12 in was good for the club?

Equally anyone decent left after 1 year

Colin Steins Smile

Regarding Sheaf ..... clearly he is ignorant of the culture of this club. This is a squad which everyone of them has to justify their place on a daily basis & they are avoid crossing MR, as that tends to shorten their CCFC career

Gibbo

Fucking hell. Of all the things to moan about the club having to move on past players as we've progressed so much is scraping the barrel.

City fans eh.
it's not a moan, merely a fact of life. If you dole out long trerm contracts you go bust. Have to be real

Sky Blue Harry H

it's not a moan, merely a fact of life. If you dole out long trerm contracts you go bust. Have to be real
Not if they play well and have a sell on value. Would we be happy if O'Hare was on a one year deal and has a storming season?

Sky Blue Pete

Marosi
Dabo
Hyam
Rose

a whole host of players who were given more than 1 year. You only go bust if you sign the wrong players.

SeaSeeEffCee

If you hand out two year contracts you get zero value when selling players as no buying club is going to pay true value for a player with one year left on their contract. Plus you end up in the same situation we’re now in with Rose where if we can’t convince him to sign a new contract then we lose a prize assets for nothing.

Magwitch

Regarding Sheaf ..... clearly he is ignorant of the culture of this club. This is a squad which everyone of them has to justify their place on a daily basis & they are avoid crossing MR, as that tends to shorten their CCFC career
No he’s not, he is probably contemplating his future and he makes the right decision in his opinion. Can’t blame him for that.

rexo87

I don’t know anything just a thought... Dean Holden has today said that Liam Walsh has been offered a new deal. If he was to sign for say 3 or 4 years could there be a chance of us getting him in loan for this season considering they have a lot of midfielders and have just signed Chris Brunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rexo87

547b79bfe2f8cecd4b7d5c6a9c8481ae.jpg

mr_monkey

I don’t know anything just a thought... Dean Holden has today said that Liam Walsh has been offered a new deal. If he was to sign for say 3 or 4 years could there be a chance of us getting him in loan for this season considering they have a lot of midfielders and have just signed Chris Brunt?

Not a chance as Bristol would want him to be a guaranteed starter and he wouldn't be that here if he was just a loan player would be a waste of a singing when we need other positions before that

Sky Blue Pete

Be interesting if he doesn’t sign it. No reason not to I suppose

speedie87

Not a chance as Bristol would want him to be a guaranteed starter and he wouldn't be that here if he was just a loan player would be a waste of a singing when we need other positions before that
You what? He’d be the best player in the team just like last season

junglej13

It could also be an ultimatum to Walsh. Although I doubt it to be fair. They do have a lot of quality in midfield.

SlowerThanPlatt

I think anyone could have said Walker and Sheaf might sign, they hardly came out of nowhere

Only a few on here might have a inside track at the club and Magwitch/Rupert certainly isn’t one

Users who are viewing this thread