The official NFL Thread (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Wtf was that call at the end of the Colts Bills game? Never down by contact. Did not see the Rams win coming. Intriguing games later. I’m probably going for Ravens, Saints and Browns. Just over 5/1.

ajsccfc

Proper shitshow last night against LA, but that's happened throughout the season where things look good and then everything falls apart suddenly. Rooting for the Bills now, they were the perennial fall guys when I first started following.

Liquid Gold

Proper shitshow last night against LA, but that's happened throughout the season where things look good and then everything falls apart suddenly. Rooting for the Bills now, they were the perennial fall guys when I first started following.
There’s something very likeable about Josh Allen that I can’t quite put my finger on.

tisza

There’s something very likeable about Josh Allen that I can’t quite put my finger on.
Could be he's good to watch but also a QB that's learnt as he's gone on. Much better than his rookie year.
Also helped going into a winning team unlike other good college QBs going into struggling teams.
Right amount of confidence without being cocky. Got the right coach.

tisza

That's a really good Rams defense, Wilson been carrying Seahawks this season and showed he's a top 3 or 4 QB.

Otis

What happened to his sunshine band?
Things got too gloomy for them, so they quit.

Things not looking too good now for the Packers either, after the band found out the full name for the new backing band started with the word Fudge.

tisza

Pederson gone from Philly. I know they have been bad this season but they won the SB a few years ago, bit rash IMO.
GM & ownership covering themselves for creating a completely unbalanced roster then further killing it with the crazy Wentz contract and some other big contracts that puts them in a cap mess for 2021.
Wentz been terrible and apparently had a poor attitude in training too. But ( like the Jets's Williams) that tank against WFT didn't go down well with players or ownership.
Need to trade Wentz but no-one is taking that contract.

Liquid Gold

GM & ownership covering themselves for creating a completely unbalanced roster then further killing it with the crazy Wentz contract and some other big contracts that puts them in a cap mess for 2021.
Wentz been terrible and apparently had a poor attitude in training too. But ( like the Jets's Williams) that tank against WFT didn't go down well with players or ownership.
Need to trade Wentz but no-one is taking that contract.
The only way they get Wentz's contract off the books is by trading him with picks. Hurts didn't look any better after initial promise either though. Wentz could be done for due to injury but it could be the case that he's just pissed off at playing behind a sieve and somewhere that can protect him would do well. The Colts could be a good destination, especially with Reich being his old OC.

Liquid Gold

Mac Jones putting a hell of a game up so far. Can't work out if he's any good or just has the best receivers to throw to.

tisza

Bama really handed it to the Ohio state. Even with a defense below their normal high standard Bama clearly the number one this year.
It is production line for the NFL probably 5/6 first rounders again this year plus a load of later round picks

tisza

Mac Jones putting a hell of a game up so far. Can't work out if he's any good or just has the best receivers to throw to.
I like him a lot. Seen all the Bama games this season.
Top passer. Very good deep. Progresses well and good arm strength. Good pocket awareness. He's sat and learnt from other top QBs.
The knock on him is his lack of mobility. That's not accurate. He's good at evading pressure and mobile in the pocket and can extend plays.

But he's not going to be Mahomes, Allen, Watson, Wilson, Murray etc and sprint for 15-20 yards down the field.

Could be very good once he settles in NFL. Maybe starts the season behind a veteran.
Will he win games on his own? Probably not. Can he win Championships in a decent side? Could do.

tisza

Just seen Jones has broken the all-time records for single season passer rating and QBR. After Burrows record breaking season last year (with better receivers) that's quite an achievement for Jones.

covcity4life

Wilson is not that good. Always seems to have shit game in playoffs

That said worried about rams but oh well let's see if we good enough to win it

If our defence can stop Goff doing too much I still hope we can put 25 to 30 pts on the board

Last edited:

Otis

I think Wilson is a great quarterback, but needs space in which to operate. Not so good when pressured.

covcity4life

I think Wilson is a great quarterback, but needs space in which to operate. Not so good when pressured.
He's another dax Prescott. Bit better

Dont get me wrong hes good and has done the packers over a few times. But i guess the fact I see Favre and now AR week in week out I hold qbs to a higher standard than you guys do

Last edited:

tisza

Been holding the ball too long trying to extend plays - although has been behind in games so slightly explicable. But that's something you don't see the more experienced QBs do. Likes of Brady, Rodgers and Brees all more comfortable throwing ball away to avoid loss of yard.
Wilson more hurt by lack of a running game and that pass protection isn't great.

tisza

Wilson is not that good. Always seems to have shit game in playoffs

That said worried about rams but oh well let's see if we good enough to win it

If out defence can stop Goff doing too much I still hope we can put 25 to 30 pts on the board
Goff not a threat on his own as they've schemed around him - playing it safe even before he got injured.
Key match up going to be Ramsey on Adams. That could be epic and key to the game.
Could be a game where which ever team runs the ball better wins.

usskyblue

tenor.gif

Liquid Gold

Every year a playoff game is ruined by awful officiating. I can't believe they didn't overturn that call in the Browns Cheifs game, especially as the clock was stopped. Was clear as day leading with the helmet.

mark82

Every year a playoff game is ruined by awful officiating. I can't believe they didn't overturn that call in the Browns Cheifs game, especially as the clock was stopped. Was clear as day leading with the helmet.

It's not reviewable, so sure they saw it as a foul but because not called on the field nothing could be done. Something that needs looking at in the off-season.

Liquid Gold

It's not reviewable, so sure they saw it as a foul but because not called on the field nothing could be done. Something that needs looking at in the off-season.
Same rubbish comes up every year, that dodgy pass interference call against the Saints a couple of years back comes to mind. I can understand things not happening if they get to scrimmage and get a play off but the clock was stopped so there is no reason for them not to look at it. The whole x is reviewable but y isn't is completely arbitrary, unfair and opens them up to easy allegations of favouring the teams that are the biggest draw.

Users who are viewing this thread