The official NFL Thread (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Hopefully packers can get an underdog victory this weekend but it seems unlikely. Tampa is stacked!

tisza

Hopefully packers can get an underdog victory this weekend but it seems unlikely. Tampa is stacked!
O line protects like they did against Rams and Rodgers can attack that weak secondary. Probably one of the best O line performances of the season.(Donald playing injured a factor too).
Everyone talking about Brady but got a feeling AB has got a headline in him (hopefully a football one for a change).

tisza

Rivers retires so that's another team looking for a new starting QB? Not a bad job for someone with that roster

Liquid Gold

Old Man Rivers, I saw him beat the Titans with the Chargers in London a few years ago. Dropped a lovely 70 yard touchdown on his first possession.

Would be a dream landing spot for a young QB surely.

Last edited:

tisza

Wentz was beiing rumoured when I was watching the wildcard game the other week. Might work for him with a fresh start and better protection.
Nobody is taking on that contract.
Rumours persist of him being unpopular with team-mates and a bit of a "billy big boots" - seems to have been a key factor in Pederson getting fired despite fact Eagles were 11-4 when he didn't start. Don't be surprised if Hurts gets moved to keep Wentz happy either.

tisza

Surely that is not going to happen. Saw it talked about but thought it was a wind up.
Issues there with Wilson not being happy with Schottenheimer being fired.
Also Carroll (like Zimmer) is in love with defense. Legion of Boom. "my defense will make turnovers". That's why they paid the Jamal Adams price. Recent draft history mainly about defensive players - DK notable exception.
Remarkable Wilson only threw 13 picks with the QB pressures his O line gave up plus the glaring 47 sacks.

tisza

Lovely introductory press conference from new Lions head coach Dan Campbell. Not sure whether it belongs to another time though -more like 70s/80s Raiders.

mark82

Lovely introductory press conference from new Lions head coach Dan Campbell. Not sure whether it belongs to another time though -more like 70s/80s Raiders.

Dan Campbell FFS. 2 jobs left for Eric Bieniemy. If he gets passed up again something is seriously wrong. Suspect he'll go to the Eagles.

mark82

Dude, we're not an underdog at home. Forget what happened earlier in the season. Lessons will have been learned and Lambeau in January is a very different place to Tampa in the Autumn. That Tampa D is elite though. Will be close but think Packers will edge it.

Liquid Gold

Dan Campbell FFS. 2 jobs left for Eric Bieniemy. If he gets passed up again something is seriously wrong. Suspect he'll go to the Eagles.
You suspect wrong

tisza

Only the Texans left and that's not an attractive opening with the off-field management there.
Seems like Sirianni was Wentz's choice. Not a good move when a temperamental QB is picking the coach. Eagles a bit of a mess also with the off-field management issues. Got a feeling they've gone for a Yes man.
Don' t think any bad coaches have been hired ahead of Bieniemy but don't think any better coaches have been appointed ahead of him either.

covcity4life

Dude, we're not an underdog at home. Forget what happened earlier in the season. Lessons will have been learned and Lambeau in January is a very different place to Tampa in the Autumn. That Tampa D is elite though. Will be close but think Packers will edge it.
Another cheesehead!!

I know we are not on paper but I am nervous. The morons on here will be making voodoo dolls of Rodgers.

tisza

Who we got this weekend then?

I'm going to say Packers beat Tampa by over 7 and Bills pull off a surprise tight game against KC.
Packers probably need to open a quick lead and get their run game going. If Buccs can take away a much improved Packers run game then it'll be close. Got to keep Brady off the field. Don't give Brady a chance for the 4th quarter. Cold weather not going to be an issue for Brady like some other QBs.
Chiefs-Bills how fit is Mahomes? That foot injury a bigger issue than the concussion hangover. Key could be can Chiefs secondary step up.
Don't see any clear favourites as you've got 4 of the top offenses but the respective defenses pretty much equally average.
Gut is Packers - Chiefs but Bills -Buccs wouldn't be a surprise. But both games should be competitive.

CCFCSteve

My brothers a big packers fan and sent me this earlier (story about how Rogers ended up 24th draft pick). Interesting read !

ps if Mahomes is fit Chiefs v Packers in final

edit - might help if I attached link !

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

Apparently Stafford wants out of Detroit. I’d give a whole bollock (hopefully a second this year and a future pick) for him in Washington.

Edit. A first would be easy, take it. Give him over.

tisza

Apparently Stafford wants out of Detroit. I’d give a whole bollock (hopefully a second this year and a future pick) for him in Washington.

Edit. A first would be easy, take it. Give him over.
Having seen Campbell's press conference don't think Stafford is his type of player. Probably going to cost you a first as you've got a low end first. Not a bad contract to take on.
He needs a fresh start. concern is durability.

Liquid Gold

Having seen Campbell's press conference don't think Stafford is his type of player. Probably going to cost you a first as you've got a low end first. Not a bad contract to take on.
He needs a fresh start. concern is durability.
I would drop #19 for him right now. His contract isn’t that bad, his age is ok and he has talent. Detroit hasn’t had a D for him. Washington’s D with Stafford and a couple of FA weapons I really feel like things could happen.

tisza

I would drop #19 for him right now. His contract isn’t that bad, his age is ok and he has talent. Detroit hasn’t had a D for him. Washington’s D with Stafford and a couple of FA weapons I really feel like things could happen.
He's got a relationship with Mayhew. But I'd think 2 win-now teams -49ers and Colts - would be very interested. Patriots could be in there too. Lions obviously looking to package 2 firsts to move up.
2 stats I particularly like for Stafford are game winning drives and comebacks.
Bit annoyed as going to drop potential trade spots for Cousins.

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

Good first half. That last play was obscene. I’d be very worried atm if I supported the Chiefs or Bills.

tisza

Good first half. That last play was obscene. I’d be very worried atm if I supported the Chiefs or Bills.
could have been worse if Buccs WRs could hold onto catches. Arians offense allows for such a high percentage of incompletions - but Brady doesn't make the mistakes Winston was making last year

tisza

terrible start to 2nd half for Packers. Got to hold them to an FG at worst or it's looking pretty grim

edit :) Rodgers got to really step it up now

Users who are viewing this thread