The official NFL Thread (14 Viewers)

usskyblue

YOUFUCKINGBUCBEAUTIESSSSS

tenor.gif

tisza

Can't believe they did not go for it on 4th down
Will get pounded for that. Needed a TD whatever they did. Even if turnover on downs Buccs had done nothing on previous 3 possessions.
Fairly inconsistent refereeing again. Weird how Buccs are getting the calls when Goodall is at their games

Liquid Gold

Also stupid decision by Rodgers not to try and run it it on 3rd down. He had loads of space and tried to fit it in a tiny window. Even if he doesn't get it in then it make LaFluer's decision much easier for him on 4th and 1/2

Otis

I thought both QB's were very hit and miss tonight.

Maybe he should change his name to Errant Rodgers.

tisza

I thought both QB's were very hit and miss tonight.

Maybe he should change his name to Errant Rodgers.
Brady started well but faded horribly.2 of those interception s were really ugly.
Rodgers played pretty well but was lucky to keep the ball on those sacks he never saw coming.

Otis

Brady started well but faded horribly.2 of those interception s were really ugly.
Rodgers played pretty well but was lucky to keep the ball on those sacks he never saw coming.
Yes, Brady was breezing it first half. It did all go horribly wrong though as the game wore on. Rodgers looked great at times, but was also guilty of some wayward throws and he really should have just carried on that that play rather than trying to throw to the end zone.

tisza

Chiefs surprisingly comfortable. Smart defensive scheme. Same level and should beat Buccs with similar ease.

That's why top QBs are getting these big contracts but also why it's so important to win with a rookie QB contract. Chiefs got 2 more seasons before Mahomes contract bites , Bills one more before Allen gets paid.

Liquid Gold

so it came down to the analytics dept apparently. 0.5% difference whether they go for it on 4th & 8 or kick the FG.
Even if Rodgers just runs the seemingly minimum open 5/6 yards in front of him it's 4th & 2-3 which takes the decision to a different place.
That sounds like misuse of analytics to me. 0.5% difference is nothing compared to tying the game or brining it down to a field goal and changing nothing on the scores.

tisza

That sounds like misuse of analytics to me. 0.5% difference is nothing compared to tying the game or brining it down to a field goal and changing nothing on the scores.
There's certain teams (browns) in particular take analytics as gospel. Over analysis seems to overlook the obvious.
Whatever happens they needed a stop and then another score to win in regular time. Still seems obvious answer that a TD ( even with a blown 2pt attempt) is strongest option as easier to get within winning field goal range with a limited clock than score it the other way round.

tisza

So first major mock draft has 5 QBs going in top 15 picks. Most for about 20 years.
Going to see possibly the biggest QB rotation in NFL history.
Teams projected to move established traditional pocket passers on for more mobile options on the back of the success of the likes of Mahomes, Allen, Herbert. Yet a market for these traditional QBs is there with some win-now teams like the 49ers and Colts. Also be surprised if one of those 1st round picks of Jones to Patriots happens -Belichick is going to take one of the experienced QBs that becomes available - odds on Stafford or Garropolo.

Liquid Gold

So first major mock draft has 5 QBs going in top 15 picks. Most for about 20 years.
Going to see possibly the biggest QB rotation in NFL history.
Teams projected to move established traditional pocket passers on for more mobile options on the back of the success of the likes of Mahomes, Allen, Herbert. Yet a market for these traditional QBs is there with some win-now teams like the 49ers and Colts. Also be surprised if one of those 1st round picks of Jones to Patriots happens -Belichick is going to take one of the experienced QBs that becomes available - odds on Stafford or Garropolo.
I saw one with Mac Jones being projected ahead of Justin Fields. What do you think about that?

tisza

I saw one with Mac Jones being projected ahead of Justin Fields. What do you think about that?
Don't get that.
Fields had a couple of difficult games but Ohio State had between 20-30 starters missing from many games due to COVID. Plus Fields didn't have the weapons Jones did.
I like Jones but he needs to go into a strongish team. He's not going to change a team single-handed.
Fields has the upside of being a franchise QB. Arm and probably most mobile QB in draft (Lawrence more a direct runner). One key down on Fields is he's very quiet. Can he take on the leadership of experienced players he'll find in new team.
Because NFL changing I think some of these QBs are being a bit over-hYped. So many 1st round QBs don't live up to their billing. Teams desperate for that cheap QB because the way QB% of cap is moving.

I still have a few questions about Wilson. Played nobody really last season. Somebody is going to have to tighten a scheme for him -pretty much like the Browns did for Mayfield 2nd half of the season.
Trey Lance hasn't really played for a year and is still an FCS QB. Looks good but can he step up?

No combine, reduced schedules, players sitting out does make this draft a bit more of a lottery. Senior Bowl could clear up somethings eg Jones in a non-Alabama situation.

Last edited:

tisza

Looks like Culley to the Texans. Slightly odd/unambitious but not controversial. But the internal power structure basically confirmed. Don't think it will placate Watson

Last edited:

tisza

He's already requested a trade.

Not a surprise. Issues with management. No real chance to improve next couple of seasons due to no draft capital or cap space for free agency. Not a team free agents are going to want to go even if Watson was QB.
Landing spot who knows.
Jets got as many holes as Texans and going to cost them the prime draft capital for next 2 seasons. Yes can use free agency but by the time they pay Watson not a lot left to pay top players.
Do Dolphins dump Tua this quickly and it's another offense that needs to keep its draft capital to get some weapons and protection.
The no trade clause may keep the price down - otherwise it would have gone through the roof.

Users who are viewing this thread