The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (12 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shmmeee

No Deal is absolutely not off the table. In fact it's quite likely.

The Tory manifesto commits the UK to leaving without a deal if a trade deal with the EU isn't agreed by December 2020.

It took Canada 10 years to negotiate a trade deal with the EU.

Oh he’ll get a deal. And he’ll do it the way he did with the WA: he’ll cave in to every demand the EU makes.

shmmeee

Bill to block further delay to Brexit process

This is a great move by Boris, puts pressure on to negotiate the best deal possible after Jan! Years and years of extensions would play into the EU's favour!

Yes. When negotiating I always make sure to tell the other person I’m absolutely desperate and need literally anything to save my skin.

The old wounded animal sympathy approach to negotiations. Classic Dom ;)

Grendel

Oh he’ll get a deal. And he’ll do it the way he did with the WA: he’ll cave in to every demand the EU makes.

Oh dear still spouting drivel I see

clint van damme

I see the markets aren’t big fans of Johnson’s “negotiating”

The latest figures on growth (or lack of it) were released today and the government is going to exceed it's borrowing targets as a result. Could be a reaction to that.

Grendel

There were celebrations on here about the value of the £ increasing, now I guess a weaker currency is better again :D

As usual though it’s rubbish - the actual level since October remains higher and of course it only went up in the first place as the markets breathed a huge sigh of relief that Labour were not elected

Sick Boy

As usual though it’s rubbish - the actual level since October remains higher and of course it only went up in the first place as the markets breathed a huge sigh of relief that Labour were not elected

I must have missed you pointing that out to others in the aftermath of the election then!

Grendel

I must have missed you pointing that out to others in the aftermath of the election then!

At the end of August sterling to dollar - it was down to 1.21 and now is 1.32 - the peak was 1.34 - Shmeee really needs better analytical skills

Sky Blue Pete

At the end of August sterling to dollar - it was down to 1.21 and now is 1.32 - the peak was 1.34 - Shmeee really needs better analytical skills
And now it’s right back down to pre election figures cause johnson is gonna arrange another cliff edge by saying we are out of he’ll jump in a ditch Dec 20

Grendel

And now it’s right back down to pre election figures cause johnson is gonna arrange another cliff edge by saying we are out of he’ll jump in a ditch Dec 20

Er it’s down 2 cents - the boost being because Commie Corbyn wasn’t getting elected

Grendel

What, you never noticed that he was irritating before?

Bit slow on the uptake, aren't you.

Many on here were saying he’s standing up for parliament along with that slime ball Grieve as you well know. He allowed the Order Paper to be removed from the government for the first time in 500 years - he was crawling over procedure to justify the most undemocratic action we have witnessed in parliament

Everyone has got their just deserts - Johnson stuck to his guns, was not going to be bullied and intimidated and rightly cane through in the eyes of the public

SkyBlueDom26

Many on here were saying he’s standing up for parliament along with that slime ball Grieve as you well know. He allowed the Order Paper to be removed from the government for the first time in 500 years - he was crawling over procedure to justify the most undemocratic action we have witnessed in parliament

Everyone has got their just deserts - Johnson stuck to his guns, was not going to be bullied and intimidated and rightly cane through in the eyes of the public

Thank god Boris called the election! In the end it showed how the public really felt about the speakers actions trying to delay and stop brexit

NorthernWisdom

He did stand up for parliament. We currently haver a very dangerous Prime Minister, who is manipulating democracy in a disturbing way, where he chooses to represent immensely undemocratic acts as standing up for the people. Alas, it seems we don't learn from history in that respect.

Bercow standing up for parliament, however, doesn't stop him being irritating!

SkyBlueDom26

He did stand up for parliament. We currently haver a very dangerous Prime Minister, who is manipulating democracy in a disturbing way, where he chooses to represent immensely undemocratic acts as standing up for the people. Alas, it seems we don't learn from history in that respect.

What 'undemocratic act' are you hinting at?

Grendel

Bercow reversed 500 years of precedent to try and support a side of an argument he’s on

That’s usurping his authority

The opposition tried to put a gun to the government and force amendments which again is unheard of

You have a very odd view of democracy

tisza

He did. I have no idea why they all agreed to it!

Well... tbf I can see why the SNP agreed to it. In all this it's been missed what a good job they've done, politically. They've played the system to create the conditions they want.
think 2017 played into it when May misjudged things so badly. Parties maybe thought Tory support would fall again as voting day drew close. Obvious that labour didn't see collapse support in so many strongholds.
SNP thought they could capitalize on antipathy towards both major parties and Brexit election suited them as they'd struggle to fight a campaign on domestic issues the way they are struggling with the dissatisfaction amongst Scottish voters in key areas like Health & Education

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I thought the WA was oven-ready and all the candidates had signed up to pass it. Now apparently it needs amending in a way that makes no-deal a distinct possibility again.

Nice to see this was mentioned in all his repetitive Brexit stuff during the election.....

I was hoping the large majority would see the far-right nutters marginalised but insiders (and some of the footage from hustings) actually suggests they've increased the number of lunatics. Will be watching through my fingers to see how this plays out.

djr8369

This won't be easy.

Just like I have said all along I can't see us leaving fully. The EU needs our money. We need the trade with the EU short/medium term. We might leave......But it will take years to sort out. This means no trade deals around the world as we would be stuck with the EU rules. No trade deals allowed.

To get trade deals around the world and to have a trade deal with the EU everything that comes to the UK would have to adhere to EU rules. It wouldn't be easy. And we have seen that it is a very hard institution to leave.

All I can see is many more years of bullshit ahead.

Sensible post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

I thought the WA was oven-ready and all the candidates had signed up to pass it. Now apparently it needs amending in a way that makes no-deal a distinct possibility again.

Nice to see this was mentioned in all his repetitive Brexit stuff during the election.....

I was hoping the large majority would see the far-right nutters marginalised but insiders (and some of the footage from hustings) actually suggests they've increased the number of lunatics. Will be watching through my fingers to see how this plays out.
The left wing nutters brought the right wing nutters out in force. The right wing nutters brought the left wing nutters out in force. So we ended up only noticing the nutters. And what made it worse was having the same nutters in charge of the parties.

Brighton Sky Blue

Bercow reversed 500 years of precedent to try and support a side of an argument he’s on

That’s usurping his authority

The opposition tried to put a gun to the government and force amendments which again is unheard of

You have a very odd view of democracy

And yet they voted for his deal

Users who are viewing this thread