The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (8 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clint van damme

I see Arron Banks’ Twitter DMs have been leaked. Coming out in dribs and drabs but already seen cash for journalists, Raab apparently confirming a pact with the Tories, and £1000 for lunch with Priti Patel. Andy Wigmore scrabbling around threatening legal action for anyone who touches them so sounds like they aren’t denying them.

Is it genuine? Hilarious if true - northern monkeys!!

SkyBlueDom26

Nothing to discuss as Johnson has succeeded in once again finding a way to delay Brexit, this time by holding a general election.

Oh yeah cause its all Boris Johnsons fault!!! Maybe look at all the remoaners that deliberately have been trying to sabotage it for years........

Election will hopefully give Boris the majority he needs

chiefdave

Oh yeah cause its all Boris Johnsons fault!!!
Pretty much, well him and the Conservatives overall. Look at the pattern since the referendum.

Cameron promised to stay and implement the result, instead he resigned the next morning triggering a leadership contest. Then May decided to call a general election and lost the Conservative majority.

Finally the agreement was put before parliament and voted down 3 times, even Johnson voted against it twice! Then another leadership contest, followed by an illegal proroguing of parliament. Finally it was passed on 22nd October only for Johnson to call an election a week later.

Brexit was instigated by the Conservatives and since the referendum they have delayed it at every possible turn. Laughable that people are falling for their 'Get Brexit Done' campaign.

Grendel

Pretty much, well him and the Conservatives overall. Look at the pattern since the referendum.

Cameron promised to stay and implement the result, instead he resigned the next morning triggering a leadership contest. Then May decided to call a general election and lost the Conservative majority.

Finally the agreement was put before parliament and voted down 3 times, even Johnson voted against it twice! Then another leadership contest, followed by an illegal proroguing of parliament. Finally it was passed on 22nd October only for Johnson to call an election a week later.

Brexit was instigated by the Conservatives and since the referendum they have delayed it at every possible turn. Laughable that people are falling for their 'Get Brexit Done' campaign.

It was exactly instigated because under our electoral rules a government was elected on that policy

I would also point out there was one party who were pushing for Article 50 to be signed the next day and that was not the Conservatives

shmmeee

Oh yeah cause its all Boris Johnsons fault!!! Maybe look at all the remoaners that deliberately have been trying to sabotage it for years........

Election will hopefully give Boris the majority he needs

Seriously. How can you care so much about Brexit and pay absolutely no attention to what’s been going on?

shmmeee

Yep. They’ve had a majority from day one, how could it be anyone else’s fault? Just shows that people will swallow any old nonsense of you wrap it in Brexit feels

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It was exactly instigated because under our electoral rules a government was elected on that policy

I would also point out there was one party who were pushing for Article 50 to be signed the next day and that was not the Conservatives

So you're saying that Conservatives weren't immediately trying to get Brexit done by pushing for Article 50 straightaway?

While those that have been preventing it all this time were trying to get the process rolling?

skybluetony176

So you’re agreeing that it’s the Conservatives then that are holding things up. Interesting.

Grendel

So you're saying that Conservatives weren't immediately trying to get Brexit done by pushing for Article 50 straightaway?

While those that have been preventing it all this time were trying to get the process rolling?

Clearly not. May is a europhile

SkyblueBazza

When she talks about extreme parties I wonder if she ever thought that she was talking about her own party.
Or did she have a party that identified area that needed tough decisions to be made...& then made them?

Quite the opposite - if Labour get an overall (or free-for-all) majority...can you imagine the single policy of 1/3 board members being the workforce? Before long the boardroom would be a very noisy, frothing, ranting place full of argument & little getting done to improve business strength in the best way possible as is tried currently. That 1/3 would eventually be made up of the modern-day Scargills & Hattons, Shmmees & SkyBlueTonys who think they know about business & people & could do a better job.

Many businesses would be doomed, many jobs lost...even higher taxes for those left working, higher borrowing...& around we go again to austerity (the Tories fault for trying to steady the ship)!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Why do you think I think that they are unable???

And why do they have to sit on the board to participate in the debate?

There's a difference between participating in a debate and having power to affect a decision. We could be well along the way towards cleaner energy but we're not because those that want it don't have the power of those in the fossil fuel business. We've instead of investing in clean energy given subsidies to polluting and short-term solutions.

Those at board level that make the decisions are very rarely affected when they make a bad one - they either get to carry on or they're rewarded with a generous pay-off and somehow wlatz into another high paid position. The CEO of my mum's old employers made a decision to takeover a competitor that proved disastrous - lost a lot of shareprice and ended up having to get rid of a few thousand employees to cut costs. He got a multi-million pound bonus for making that deal. More shareholder value is lost by CEO and executive decisions than any amount of poor productivity by the workforce, but who bears the brunt?

I agree to you to an extent that all that would happen is those board places would be taken up by the more tubthumping elements of the workforce who see it as a means of becoming part of the elite rather than a genuine desire for improvement, but it would be a small step in the right direction IMO.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Or did she have a party that identified area that needed tough decisions to be made...& then made them?

I agree that when it came to making decisions etc she was a very strong leader. However, her problem was that she never ever considered the impact on the people. She considered them 'unworthy' of consideration and frankly if they wanted to work they should move "get on your bicycle" etc. Not taking into account all manner of issues that might prevent them doing that.

If we hadn't closed the coal mines we'd be doing it by now for environmental reasons. We'll be shutting down fossil fuel power plants, plastics manufacturers etc in the near future. But we need to ensure the green industries that replace them are encouraged to set up in these areas to replace the jobs lost. She didn't - she just said 'fuck 'em. If they want a job they can move to London and work in the service industry"

shmmeee

Quite the opposite - if Labour get an overall (or free-for-all) majority...can you imagine the single policy of 1/3 board members being the workforce? Before long the boardroom would be a very noisy, frothing, ranting place full of argument & little getting done to improve business strength in the best way possible as is tried currently. That 1/3 would eventually be made up of the modern-day Scargills & Hattons, Shmmees & SkyBlueTonys who think they know about business & people & could do a better job.

Many businesses would be doomed, many jobs lost...even higher taxes for those left working, higher borrowing...& around we go again to austerity (the Tories fault for trying to steady the ship)!

You know when you decry as madness policies that have been working effectively for decades in similar countries all you do is put up a big sign that you haven’t a clue what you’re on about.

Codetermination in Germany - Wikipedia

SkyblueBazza

I agree that when it came to making decisions etc she was a very strong leader. However, her problem was that she never ever considered the impact on the people. She considered them 'unworthy' of consideration and frankly if they wanted to work they should move "get on your bicycle" etc. Not taking into account all manner of issues that might prevent them doing that.

If we hadn't closed the coal mines we'd be doing it by now for environmental reasons. We'll be shutting down fossil fuel power plants, plastics manufacturers etc in the near future. But we need to ensure the green industries that replace them are encouraged to set up in these areas to replace the jobs lost. She didn't - she just said 'fuck 'em. If they want a job they can move to London and work in the service industry"

I agree with a lot of what you say...though I think the impact on people bit is not really accurate. She came from pretty humble beginnings - & I don't think that experiences from that ever get left or ignored. Hence, I think she took tough decisions based on advice given on likely outcomes. That said...breaking the union's grip over workers would have been a welcome opportunity too. I think where she failed people (miners especially) was not having a fully financed way forward for the miners after the mines closed.

SkyblueBazza

You know when you decry as madness policies that have been working effectively for decades in similar countries all you do is put up a big sign that you haven’t a clue what you’re on about.

Codetermination in Germany - Wikipedia

But the Germans are the British are they? Whether we are talking about the existing board members, average worker or workers representatives. They all have different education, background & preconceived ideas about what is best based upon at least both of those.

Users who are viewing this thread