The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (15 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Sick Boy

It’s quite incredible that so many people are happy for their own personal rights to be eroded like freedom of movement, and as looks likely, their rights in the workplace.

Yet not a lot will change in their everyday lives, especially levels of migration into the country.

Effectively there are going to be British nationality passport holders with dual nationality who have more rights then those who only have British passports.

Last edited:

fatso

Something Johnson said would never happen. Who'd have though a serial liar would lie?
A clause referring to workers rights has been removed, as its now going to have its own bill, which means it will now be far more in-depth.
Although I realise that won’t actually mean a lot to those who just glance at a headline and start throwing their toys about.

clint van damme

A clause referring to workers rights has been removed, as its now going to have its own bill, which means it will now be far more in-depth.
Although I realise that won’t actually mean a lot to those who just glance at a headline and start throwing their toys about.

Let's see if it offers the same protection.

fatso

Let's see if it offers the same protection.
Yes, it will certainly be something for all to keep an eye on. How he balances protection for workers, while trying to attract foreign investors to stay/come to the uk post Brexit, will be a challenge.

It was interesting to note that the Brexit bill, passed the house today with a majority of 124, Considering Boris has a majority of only 80 (I say only) you have to think that some labour mp’s voted it through as well, despite red Jerry instructing them to oppose it.

clint van damme

Yes, it will certainly be something for all to keep an eye on. How he balances protection for workers, while trying to attract foreign investors to stay/come to the uk post Brexit, will be a challenge.

It was interesting to note that the Brexit bill, passed the house today with a majority of 124, Considering Boris has a majority of only 80 (I say only) you have to think that some labour mp’s voted it through as well, despite red Jerry instructing them to oppose it.

They did. I heard some interviewed.
Also 5 Mps who voted the bill through then voted against the timetable, (party unlnown). I'm not sure how long they need to asses it, it's been around for months

fatso

They did. I heard some interviewed.
Also 5 Mps who voted the bill through then voted against the timetable, (party unlnown). I'm not sure how long they need to asses it, it's been around for months
Unbelievable, I thought they would all be keen to move on now.

Brighton Sky Blue

He'll sell workers down the river just like he did to NI

NorthernWisdom

Could have been paired. Or thought there was no point as it was inevitably going to be voted through. Vote remain get moaned at by leavers, vote leave get moaned at by remainers.
Politically, it'd be utterly stupid not to vote against it.

It's going through anyway, but if it all goes to shit and you've voted with the government, or even not against, you lose your stick to beat them with.

chiefdave

That should have stayed in. This idea that its not needed because something better is on the way is nonsense. If whatever is planned gives workers more rights there would be no issue with leaving it in, the only reason you'd need to take it out is if you're not going to maintain the current level of rights.

Environmental protections and protections for child refugees which allow them to be reunited with their parents also gone.

And rather worryingly parliament sidelined in negotiations. Add in the Department for leaving the EU being shut down, which means no select committees. So there will be no parliamentary, and therefore no public, oversight of the process moving forward.

Sky Blue Pete

clint van damme

And rather worryingly parliament sidelined in negotiations. Add in the Department for leaving the EU being shut down, which means no select committees. So there will be no parliamentary, and therefore no public, oversight of the process moving forward.

Cummings hand aĺl over it that.
So much for protecting our democracy.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Could have been paired. Or thought there was no point as it was inevitably going to be voted through. Vote remain get moaned at by leavers, vote leave get moaned at by remainers.

Wasn't part of the problem in the election that if you do neither they both moan at you?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That should have stayed in. This idea that its not needed because something better is on the way is nonsense. If whatever is planned gives workers more rights there would be no issue with leaving it in, the only reason you'd need to take it out is if you're not going to maintain the current level of rights.

Environmental protections and protections for child refugees which allow them to be reunited with their parents also gone.

Personally I'd think if you were going to go above what is currently there you'd leave them in as a placeholder you can add to. Just removing them is far more likely to be because you're just not going to continue with them.

Brighton Sky Blue

See how whenever Johnson does something that looks crap the usual suspects emerge to find some excuse or plausible deniability about it. Just be honest and admit you're on a team

chiefdave

Looks like the misconduct in public office case against Johnson, which was about the slogan on the bus being knowingly deceptive, could be heading back to court.

Turns out Judge Supperstone, who had the case thrown out without it going before a jury, used to be Johnson's lawyer but 'forgot' to declare this. He also 'forgot' to declare a £35,500 payment he received from Johnson when he was Mayor of London. And just to round things off also 'forgot' to mention his membership of a private members club with Johnson's father, Rees-Mogg and Gove.

Sure it's all just an innocent mistake.

clint van damme

Looks like the misconduct in public office case against Johnson, which was about the slogan on the bus being knowingly deceptive, could be heading back to court.

Turns out Judge Supperstone, who had the case thrown out without it going before a jury, used to be Johnson's lawyer but 'forgot' to declare this. He also 'forgot' to declare a £35,500 payment he received from Johnson when he was Mayor of London. And just to round things off also 'forgot' to mention his membership of a private members club with Johnson's father, Rees-Mogg and Gove.

Sure it's all just an innocent mistake.

You've got to be fucking kidding?

Sick Boy

It’s amazing that you’re blinding taking what he says about your future rights as the truth considering his past and recent history.

fatso

It’s amazing that you’re blinding taking what he says about your future rights as the truth considering his past and recent history.
All I’ve said is wait and see, amazing how you would be judge, jury and executioner, without at least waiting for any evidence.

Users who are viewing this thread