The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (19 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CCFCSteve

If people wanted more control on EU migration all they had to do was insist that our own sovereign governments upheld EU rules to the later. It was actually very disingenuous of David Cameron to renegotiate the rules when he/we wasn’t even observing the previous rules. Or maybe they should have just applied common sense and understood that the control was actually the economy. EU citizens were not coming here to “sponge of the system”, they were nett contributors to the system and drivers of the growth of the U.K. economy, something we’ve all reaped the benefits of. They were only coming here to fulfill jobs in a period where essentially the U.K. unemployment rate was zero. Stopping Johnny Foreigner coming over is racism and when you look at the facts stopping Johnny Foreigner is literally all you’re left with in wanting to “take back control” of our own immigration policy.
As for the rest I’ll just leave you this

To repeat again, I’m explaining what polling said were the main reasons why people voted leave.

But in that answer (and video) you have just explained why many other people probably did. No understanding or appreciation as to people’s (who have a different life to you) genuine concerns. The James O’Brien formula ie revert to suggesting everyone’s a racist and not as clever as them, rather than listen, accept some of what someone might have to say (genuine fears/concerns - impact on jobs/pay, schooling and infrastructure - even if there is net contribution) and then explain why you think remaining would be better and what can be done to change and improve things for them.

It’s pretty shocking and sad (as in upsetting) that people are walking around this country thinking over 50% of the population are racists or thick c*nts.

Ps I agree successive governments chose not to enact some of the (temporary) measures regarding immigration, ignoring those concerns/fears, hence me mentioning the ignorance (arrogance) of a majority of the political class as to why many voted leave. To be believe these could’ve been enforced long term is naive....as naive as believing if we were still in the EU we could’ve run our own successful/separate vaccine procurement and roll out whilst their joint effort struggled (Even though legally we could have done so, it would never have been allowed to happen politically)

Last edited:

Evo1883

If people wanted more control on EU migration all they had to do was insist that our own sovereign governments upheld EU rules to the later. It was actually very disingenuous of David Cameron to renegotiate the rules when he/we wasn’t even observing the previous rules. Or maybe they should have just applied common sense and understood that the control was actually the economy. EU citizens were not coming here to “sponge of the system”, they were nett contributors to the system and drivers of the growth of the U.K. economy, something we’ve all reaped the benefits of. They were only coming here to fulfill jobs in a period where essentially the U.K. unemployment rate was zero. Stopping Johnny Foreigner coming over is racism and when you look at the facts stopping Johnny Foreigner is literally all you’re left with in wanting to “take back control” of our own immigration policy.
As for the rest I’ll just leave you this

He used to be funny to be fair

PVA

And as for the conversation above, let's not pretend that the majority of leavers didn't vote for any reason other than racism. That's all it boils down to.

skybluetony176

Remember when Brexit was going to take away unnecessary red tape?

And then the red tape was a good thing because it readies business for rest of the world trade. And then businesses should take the opportunity to do business with countries that have less red tape like the US or Canada. Moving the goalposts.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

To repeat again, I’m explaining what polling said were the main reasons why people voted leave.

But in that answer (and video) you have just explained why many other people probably did. No understanding or appreciation as to people’s (who have a different life to you) genuine concerns. The James O’Brien formula ie revert to suggesting everyone’s a racist and not as clever as them, rather than listen, accept some of what someone might have to say (genuine fears/concerns - impact on jobs/pay, schooling and infrastructure - even if there is net contribution) and then explain why you think remaining would be better and what can be done to change and improve things for them.

It’s pretty shocking and sad (as in upsetting) that people are walking around this country thinking over 50% of the population are racists or thick c*nts.

Ps I agree successive governments chose not to enact some of the (temporary) measures regarding immigration, ignoring those concerns/fears, hence me mentioning the ignorance (arrogance) of a majority of the political class as to why many voted leave. To be believe these could’ve been enforced long term is naive....as naive as believing if we were still in the EU we could’ve run our own successful/separate vaccine procurement and roll out whilst their joint effort struggled (Even though legally we could have done so, it would never have been allowed to happen politically)

It's all very well talking about 'not listening to legitimate concerns' but the fact is many people did and saw the massive holes in the argument that the actual legal system didn't support.

For example, the 'proper' racists that wanted less black/brown people - that's outside the EU and thus Brexit wouldn't affect that. Te there are those that wanted control over immigration from places like Poland (which was underestimated) for economic reasons and jobs for Brits. But the UK govt had the right to impose stricter measures if they had chosen to and much of the immigration was for low-skilled low-paid work Brits didn't want to do anyway. So again the EU isn't the biggest problem - it's the UK gov't for not using the powers available to it. So many foreigners came in because our sovereign govt wanted them to and chose to give them an easier passage than they had to by law. Other EU countries put restrictions in place, so if it was possible for them it had to be possible for us as well.

When these anomalies were pointed out to leavers it was 'liberal elite sneering' and 'we know what we're voting for'. The people not willing to listen were the leavers who had this narrative of the nasty EU in their head and weren't going to shift from it. Leavers had just listened to what their concerns were and explained why Brexit wasn't going to solve them. Very few said the EU wasn't without faults and doesn't need reform.

Reactions: PVA

PVA

Things you absolutely love to see: Gammon getting booted out of a country for being foreigners and not paying taxes.

Fucking hilarious.

stupot07

You're missing the point. Whatever the reason people voted leave, we were promised significant, and in some cases instant economic benefits by prominent leave figures some of whom are part of the current cabinet.

I expect them to deliver and will call them out if they don't.

We've gone from sunny uplands with no downside to we won't be the last to leave, its desperate stuff.
Also the vote leave campaign led on any suggesting of economic harm or issues post Brexit as scaremongering.

At least we don't have to have a tax on tampons anymore and can have some free ports, we couldn't do that under EU rules...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stupot07

Since leave in the EU there is no legal frame work to send asylum seeker and refugees back to the last country they come from (e.g. France). They can renegotiate agreements to enable us to do that but that's going to involve £££ incentives.

skybluetony176

Also the vote leave campaign led on any suggesting of economic harm or issues post Brexit as scaremongering.

At least we don't have to have a tax on tampons anymore and can have some free ports, we couldn't do that under EU rules...

We’ve had enough of experts. The same experts who have been right on the money so far.

Last edited:

PVA

"Jeremy Morgan, a former QC who retired to Umbria and campaigns for Britons in Italy, said Italian officials were unaware that residents’ rights were protected under the Withdrawal Agreement. “We are often treated like third country migrants from outside the EU,” he said."

giphy.gif

Evo1883

Things you absolutely love to see: Gammon getting booted out of a country for being foreigners and not paying taxes.

Fucking hilarious.
I think , although you already know this .. you along with several others on here are extremely bitter and twisted..I mean why would you celebrate people losing their homes ?

It's very weird and goes against everything you pretend to stand for

Evo1883

Technically PVA and many posters on here ...are showing the ACTUAL signs of being a Gammon 🤷‍♂️ by definition too that is ...Well done ,you've become your own little joke Screenshot_20210328-100659_Chrome.jpg

Evo1883

Wonder if that lads daft enough to vote for something that gets him deported?!

Not sure clint mate , wouldn't that be a government problem though for telling them it wouldn't happen ?

I'll go with that one

Rather than attack people for voting democratically under false information

You people really need to move on from this , it consumes some of you to the point of being unhealthy..you can't change something that's happened but rather than accept it though , people continue a bitter war of words against other just to make themselves feel better .

Very strange

clint van damme

Not sure clint mate , wouldn't that be a government problem though for telling them it wouldn't happen ?

I'll go with that one

Anyone who couldn't see through the shower of shysters and grifters heading up the Brexit campaign really needs a word with themselves.

And I take no pleasure from this, not least because I'm quite happy to have a few thousand miles between me and these clowns.

Evo1883

Anyone who couldn't see through the shower of shysters and grifters heading up the Brexit campaign really needs a word with themselves.

And I take no pleasure from this, not least because I'm quite happy to have a few thousand miles between me and these clowns.

People do take pleasure from it clint , and some are on here .

Desperate weirdos , like a bloke who can't let go of an ex , move on

There will be plenty of leave voting brits staying in Spain after this...as there will be remain voting brits.

There will also be remain voting brits who will be coming home through this ..

Grendel

There will be plenty of leave voting brits staying in Spain after this...as there will be remain voting brits.

PVA and his rational mind “people want that teacher to be beheaded to say I told you so”

clint van damme

There will be plenty of leave voting brits staying in Spain...as there will be remain voting brits.

When the country voted leave all we heard was you lost get over it.
It seems now that when ever some brexit negative is pointed out leavers don't want to talk about it any more.

I expect brexit to deliver what the public was promised and when it doesn't im going to point it out.
You might not think the Rees Moggs, Farages, Banks's, Galloways and Hoeys of this world should be held accountable but I do.

Evo1883

It seems now that when ever some brexit negative is pointed out leavers don't want to talk about it any more.

I expect brexit to deliver what the public was promised and when it doesn't im going to point it out.
You might not think the Rees Moggs, Farages, Banks's, Galloways and Hoeys of this world should be held accountable but I do.

Actually most sane people knew there would be bumps in the road and it would be rough especially at first ...problem is you've people dedicated to pointing out every single bump along the way ..it's not healthy

Grendel

But some people simply wanted to leave and that I suspect was the reason they voted for it. Their immediate expectations have been met.

Perhaps in Germany they are still ranting about that shot that never crossed the line

TomRad85

PVA and his rational mind “people want that teacher to be beheaded to say I told you so”
The reality is he actually wants the teacher beheaded so he can say I told you so at people saying I told you so.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

If you want to know how bitter people are just look at the hashtag spain on twitter ...it's full of middle class white people speaking down to the minions as usual

clint van damme

But some people simply wanted to leave and that I suspect was the reason they voted for it. Their immediate expectations have been met.

Perhaps in Germany they are still ranting about that shot that never crossed the line

Maybe they did. But not one prominent leaver said let's just leave.
They promised us all sorts of benefits. I expect them to deliver.
Otherwise we end up with the sort of apathy that allows Priti Patel to spend 77k of our money on her eyebrows and Johnson to spend 124k of our money on his bit on the side.

Grendel

Otherwise we end up with the sort of apathy that allows Priti Patel to spend 77k of our money on her eyebrows and Johnson to spend 124k of our money on his bit on the side.

They didn’t promise immediate benefits and it’s of course worth pointing out the doom laden scenarios have hardly materialised either - most of which were supposed to happen immediately when the result was confirmed

Evo1883

Mate I can show you countless examples of MPs from all sides who have spend thousands on things that make you want to punch yourself in the dick/ lady parts

Skybluefaz

Actually most sane people knew there would be bumps in the road and it would be rough especially at first ...problem is you've people dedicated to pointing out every single bump along the way ..it's not healthy
It's a few cathartic words on a football forum. Helps some people. Obviously triggers others who want to defend it. I don't know what the answer is. Every one just turn off the internet and scream into a pillow.

Users who are viewing this thread