The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (10 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evo1883

But doesn't that prove his point? If leave cared so much they'd have gone out and voted Brexit if for no other reason than to make their point they want to leave? Leave not turning out would also support the swing towards Remain parties from the established two being three times greater than those moving towards Leave parties.

This thread is indesputable evidence that remain voters are absolutely deluded... Go back and listen to yourselves.
Might take a few weeks because it's a fecking huge thread but seriously get a bastard grip

Ashdown

I think if we did have a GE soon we would have an 8 way split with Bre, Tories, Lab ,Green and LD's all grabbing a fair share of the vote for different reasons with the SNP and the Irish making up the numbers. Not sure how that would solve the EU issue. Can't they just half our contributions and put stricter regulations on free movement and most would be happier to stay I?!

djr8369

Perhaps they were under the impression Britain was already leaving or perhaps they felt their vote would be totally ignored, like it was after the referendum.

How has it been ignored? All we’ve done the last 2.5 years is focus on Brexit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djr8369

Not really, most are absolute drips

People are trying to have a debate with you. At least do them the justice of taking part rather than posting nonsense. No wonder the country is so fragmented if all you can do is throw around insults.

Evo1883

People are trying to have a debate with you. At least do them the justice of taking part rather than posting nonsense. No wonder the country is so fragmented if all you can do is throw around insults.

Apologies, I replied to a sarcy comment with a sarcy reply.

Just banter

As you were

tisza

Mart is one whose dribbling about low turnouts distorting the result not me
Turnout roughly same as last 4 elections.
Pattern remains general indifference with eu elections. Remain failed to mobilize vote potential yet again. Brexit parties held roughly levels.
Lack of campaign time assisted Farage also.
People trying to extrapolate results into a GE wasting time as way too many variables.

Sick Boy

This is for Sick Boy :p

D7henXuX4AAFo6t.jpg

And the PD have had a resurgence;)

Sick Boy

For anyone debating whether Leave or Remain ‘won’ last night... it was a draw. We’ll see what happens from now from Lab and Con, but you’ll think their positions will become more polarised now too.

At a guess, you’d think we’re heading for a no deal or a second referendum now.

The turnout suggests it was only those who feel passionately on both sides.

Sick Boy

I think if we did have a GE soon we would have an 8 way split with Bre, Tories, Lab ,Green and LD's all grabbing a fair share of the vote for different reasons with the SNP and the Irish making up the numbers. Not sure how that would solve the EU issue. Can't they just half our contributions and put stricter regulations on free movement and most would be happier to stay I?!

The country has always chosen not to enforce tighter regulations available to it. Like producing a work contract and earning a certain amount to qualify for healthcare and wider services.

Ashdown

The country has always chosen not to enforce tighter regulations available to it. Like producing a work contract and earning a certain amount to qualify for healthcare and wider services.
If those sorts of things were in place then I doubt we would be stuck in this mess because migration would be under control, our welfare state and NHS protected from people who don't contribute enough. The money sent to the EU should have been justified better, a programme of explanation and perspective to show it in relation to overall government budget would have helped. I still blame the morons like Cameron, Osborne, Blair, Mark Carney and others who rather than threaten and mock the people and their opponents should have had some sympathy with prevalent issues but instead they antagonised the public who were already sick of the political classes anyway and encouraged rebellion.
It was the very forces fighting for Remain that caused Leave !
As I've posted earlier I didn't vote, I'm sick of the lot of them !

Mucca Mad Boys

How can a second referendum get through parliament?

At the minute, nothing can get through Parliament. Including a no-deal and something has got to give somewhere. MPs would prefer a second referendum to a no deal Brexit.

Grendel

At the minute, nothing can get through Parliament. Including a no-deal and something has got to give somewhere. MPs would prefer a second referendum to a no deal Brexit.

Of course a no deal will get through parliament as the time limit will be the only option available

djr8369

I think it’s going to come down to the next Tory leader having 3 choices, no deal, 2nd ref or revoke with aim of negotiating a new deal after dropping the red lines.

Can’t help but think a 2nd ref will solve nothing though unless it has multiple options with a preference for different scenarios.

SkyblueBazza

Mart is one whose dribbling about low turnouts distorting the result not me
If he is still he needs to remember the same arguments applied to the 1975 vote would have meant we wouldn't have even been in the EU in the first place!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

djr8369

Britain is no closer to leaving the EU now than it was two years and eleven months ago when people voted to leave.

Not true. Article 50 was passed, withdrawal agreement negotiated and some no deal prep has been done.

SkyblueBazza

why?

If the eu elections 2019 ⁠had been a general election the result would be:

Brexit: 446 seats

Labour: 93 seats

SNP: 56 seats

Lib: 31 seats

Plaid: 5 seats

Green: 1 seat

Conservative: 0 seats

Brexit Party majority 242!
Where do you get those numbers from?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

This thread is indesputable evidence that remain voters are absolutely deluded... Go back and listen to yourselves.
Might take a few weeks because it's a fecking huge thread but seriously get a bastard grip

Martcov: Bollocks! Angry people vote. Brexit parties got 5 more seats than 2014, remain got 20 more than 2014. Remain are angrier. Most people don’t want the snake oil salesman and charlatan as leader.

Evo1883:No the fact is turnout in leave voting areas was down.
That's not me making it up thats FACT

This is why I said your point on leave turnout being down proved his point.

He asserted that remain are angrier and angry people vote. You pointed out that turnout in leave voting areas was down, hence therefore more leavers didn't bother to vote.

Now maybe they didn't vote as a protest or whatever, but for me if I'd voted leave and still hadn't I'd be down that polling both to vote for a pro-Brexit party to show my anger that we hadn't yet left.

I also said that's possibly why the move towards pro Brexit was three times less than that towards pro Remain - voters didn't turn out. This is me stating the percentage swing figures may not truly reflect the feelings of the country re Brexit because remain voters went out and voted and leave didn't.

Grendel

Let’s be honest all Farage has to do is tell chameleon Cabke he can have a seat on his top table and a ministerial salary and old Vince will drop his trousers and campaign to leave

The Lib dems are the grubbiest most dishonest bunch of charlatans in Westminster

djr8369

you taking the mick? what happened on the 29th march? we were told numerous times we would leave but didn’t

Yes because we negotiated an extension. Leaving is still the legal position though. In fact we would have left already if only the ERG had voted for the withdrawal agreement.

Yes we were told we would leave but the issue there is politicians making claims they can’t back up.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Where do you get those numbers from?

why?

If the eu elections 2019 ⁠had been a general election the result would be:

Brexit: 446 seats

Labour: 93 seats

SNP: 56 seats

Lib: 31 seats

Plaid: 5 seats

Green: 1 seat

Conservative: 0 seats

Brexit Party majority 242!

But they don't use the same constituency boundaries. And even though the map is pretty much totally coloured Brexit to believe that a GE would have the same result you're in a fantasy land.

If you don't believe me look at the previous EU elections and the performance of UKIP. Then look at the GE the year after (or 2017) and see the massive difference.

320px-European_Parliament_election%2C_2014_%28United_Kingdom%29.svg.png

800px-2015UKElectionMap.svg.png

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

But they don't use the same constituency boundaries. And even though the map is pretty much totally coloured Brexit to believe that a GE would have the same result you're in a fantasy land.

If you don't believe me look at the previous EU elections and the performance of UKIP. Then look at the GE the year after (or 2017) and see the massive difference.

320px-European_Parliament_election%2C_2014_%28United_Kingdom%29.svg.png

800px-2015UKElectionMap.svg.png
I certainly agree that GE would make for a different outcome. Farage has made his point & should pursue only Brexit. THAT by my interpretation seems to be what the country wants.

His other policies would I suspect divide opinion among Brexit supporters far more & people would either not vote or revert to their 'safe' ground on the ballot paper.

djr8369

I certainly agree that GE would make for a different outcome. Farage has made his point & should pursue only Brexit. THAT by my interpretation seems to be what the country wants.

His other policies would I suspect divide opinion among Brexit supporters far more & people would either not vote or revert to their 'safe' ground on the ballot paper.

It will be interesting to see what policies he comes out with.

Users who are viewing this thread