The end of nopm? (1 Viewer)

Gray

I have no intention of going to Northampton. But us cov fans are a fickle Bunch if we keep playing like this I can see attendances rising towards 4-6k

quinn1971

Don't give fisher the pleasure of being right.If they keep this up though there's bound to be a few that drift backThey did fine without us last week.

RFC

If we continue to play like this, we will be close to 'selling-out', sooner rather than later IMHO!
PUSB

Gray

A lot of fans only care about a winning team though. I think a lot will start to go back. Hope not though

Otis

Once again you miss the point.
We are still outside Coventry.

Surely that is the whole point. It's not about whether the team is winning or losing, it's about the team being 34 miles from its home.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

zuniga

It'd be great if we keep winning but home attendances stay under 2000 - this would certainly prove a point to SISU. That we won't be swayed and won't watch our team outside the city. We need our fans to be strong on this - not attending despite excellent performances will show SISU they'll never win.

Paxman II

Those that were fervently behind the NOPM campaign will have their metal tested for sure. But even if we win plenty like this I can't seriously see us getting more than 3k or so at Northampton.

Chipfat

This has to be the best way to to prove to Sisu that no matter what the team do they will never get the majority of fans driving 35 miles to watch a home game.. I feel sorry for the younger players but the club and Sisu cant take the club away for to long no matter what the FL say about funding,, no business wants to lose money at the amount mentioned for too long.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It will just be mostly the fans who were in two minds about going to Northampton.
If we continue to play well, score goals and climb the table I may go to one or two games but not regularly

theferret

Lots of alarmist guff.

A winning team will tempt hundreds back, not thousands, so no need to panic.

Equally, I still think we'll be back in Coventry before Christmas. Those who say we will 'never' come back are being hysterical.

PhilWasn'tBabb

Come on the sale of Clarke, Baker and Murphy in the coming weeks along with anybody else who command's a fee above £10.00 will put pay to anymore fans going to northampton.

It'd be great if we keep winning but home attendances stay under 2000 - this would certainly prove a point to SISU. That we won't be swayed and won't watch our team outside the city. We need our fans to be strong on this - not attending despite excellent performances will show SISU they'll never win.

Spot on.

When we're winning it's EVEN MORE important that we don't attend.

italiahorse

Those that were fervently behind the NOPM campaign will have their metal tested for sure. But even if we win plenty like this I can't seriously see us getting more than 3k or so at Northampton.

What would it be at the Ricoh.
?
I guess we have currently got CCFC playing in front of dedicated following both 'home' and away. The challenge comes, as it was at the Ricoh, where the extra fans that go are only there because we are winning and when we are not these fans give off negative vibes and the team pick up on this.

Flying Fokker

This CWR phone in is bugging me...Mike the......another season ticket purchaser.

Well done Stuart Linnell for making some good points about if we were at the Ricoh.
Stuart Linnell questioning if Coventry is a football city? (Reasons for low crowds).

Flying Fokker

Bring the club back to the Ricoh. It will be so much harder to stay away....Come on SISU, you know you have to.....it makes sense, particularly as we are playing well. If we go off the boil SISU will have blown it yet again.

StevieM

Not going to see your team whoever you support is difficult.

Now if the team are playing well, this really tests those who were sitting on the fence a little.
I think for everyone who understands that playing in Northampton is only serving to further the cause of SISU then they would never entertain the idea of travelling to Shitfields regardless if we (CCFC) are in this division or even in the Premier League...hang tough guys and girls it was never going to be an easy ride.

PUSB NOPM

señor Santiago

ccfc won, i dont feel happy. Its a northampton team. The reason we supported this club , it represented coventry. Once it does NOT want to be part of coventry. It is time to move. We need to start a team to represent the city of coventry.

Users who are viewing this thread