Taxi cancelled for Robins (1 Viewer)

Grendel

His face does say "FFS grendal has been rooting through my bins again"

David why on earth would I want an pot noodle packet and 6 litres of empty diamond white bottles

David O'Day

It's evident to most on here that he hates to see us win as it reduces his opportunity to run his negative campaign against MR or deride/belittle targeted players.

I'm not sure who said it but he is a 'very poor supporter' as he's far more interested in his own opinions being proven right vs. our success on the pitch or even our own players succeeding.

He'll only truly want to see us do well again if he gets his way and Jackett rolls up in a taxi one day - for the rest of us - we'll continue supporting the lads on the pitch and MR.

He ain't a City fan.

DannyThomas_1981

You just keep going the pub mate and we’ll watch the games. When are Barnsley announcing their £20m star man?

Serious question Boosh.

As Grendel's biggest fan you liked his opening post which said that Robins should be immediately fired/January signings are shit/tactically he's useless and not up Championship standard.

Any comments in giving that one a like - as someone who goes to all of the games thought you might be a little more clued up?

Grendel

Serious question Boosh.

As Grendel's biggest fan you liked his opening post which said that Robins should be immediately fired/January signings are shit/tactically he's useless and not up Championship standard.

Any comments in giving that one a like - as someone who goes to all of the games thought you might be a little more clued up?

Hello Fanny. What you doing this evening? Building a matchstick model of the best athlete at the club? Genuinely when he’s told to leave I’ll be worried about you.

Take care we are all friends you can talk to

Grendel

Love it how The Tonester and O Drivel are now a tag team. Perhaps they can deliver Labour leaflets together in Bell Green next time they are due a drubbing

Grendel

Well he’s not a tactical genius is he. Not even Robins biggest plaudits will claim that...very odd

The Tonester dipping his toe in a football thread is truly hysterical

usskyblue

Fuckinell

416181231c0896ad1a9d283f8b4abbbc.gif

DannyThomas_1981

Hello Fanny. What you doing this evening? Building a matchstick model of the best athlete at the club? Genuinely when he’s told to leave I’ll be worried about you.

Take care we are all friends you can talk to

Since you like to talk; share with us.....are you glad that the powers that be have ignored your genius guidance to get rid of MR for the past 4 seasons?

robbiekeane

Devils advocate... Why not?
Because I think even his biggest fans would mostly agree that if you lined up all of his managerial traits from top to bottom, tactical capability and tactical agility specifically would not be near the top of the list

Frostie

Because I think even his biggest fans would mostly agree that if you lined up all of his managerial traits from top to bottom, tactical capability and tactical agility specifically would not be near the top of the list

Did he not storm a league title with a system & formation that was being used by practically no other club in Europe last season but has been imitated by many others since?

Has he not changed systems multiple times within matches to completely change the pattern of the match &, more often than not, the result too?

I actually think his tactical prowess is overlooked/downplayed quite a bit.

robbiekeane

Did he not storm a league title with a system & formation that was being used by practically no other club in Europe last season but has been imitated by many others since?

Has he not changed systems multiple times within matches to completely change the pattern of the match &, more often than not, the result too?

I actually think his tactical prowess is overlooked/downplayed quite a bit.
So just to be clear, you would describe Mark Robins as, and I quote, a “tactical genius”?

Frostie

So just to be clear, you would describe Mark Robins as, and I quote, a “tactical genius”?

"Genius" is a stretch but depends on your definition of it. Personally I wouldn't really call hardly anyone "genius" except possibly the absolute elite.

I do think he is very tactically astute, would be impossible to consistently overachieve as we have if he wasn't.

skybluetony176

"Genius" is a stretch but depends on your definition of it. Personally I wouldn't really call hardly anyone "genius" except possibly the absolute elite.

I do think he is very tactically astute, would be impossible to consistently overachieve as we have if he wasn't.
TBF I was just playing devils advocate with the wording of the post I was replying too.

You’re right to say he’s tactically astute.

D

Deleted member 4439

Two promotions and survival against the odds suggest otherwise. You can argue he’s got it wrong in individual games but over a season he’s been repeatedly bang on.

I think it's a case that it's also been a learning curve for Robins, as well as having to adjust his teams due to injuries and the limitation of the squad. I think there have been increasing number of occasions over the season when the way he has set up his team - or made subs - have shown that he and his coaching staff have good tactical awareness.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bugsy

this forum is fucking hilarious at times …PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread