Taxi cancelled for Robins (1 Viewer)

procdoc

Robins works miracle at fearless Coventry
He arrived in the Championship with a tiny budget, tension between Coventry City’s passionate fanbase and detached owners, and having to groundshare. So what he has achieved is little short of a miracle.

In the past four years Mark Robins has won the EFL Trophy, the League Two play-offs, the League One title and, after Saturday’s results, kept Coventry up with two games left. “Play without any fear,” he kept telling his players, and they did, doing their manager and the famous shirt proud.
I have still yet to see anyone that was calling for Robins’ name a viable replacement

Brighton Sky Blue

In which I said I would not sack the manager - yes or no?

Did I ever claim you said that? All around this time you were saying 'I wouldn't sack him but' and would then go on about Barnsley and Luton sacking their managers to stay up, Jackett would be a perfect swap etc. You aren't stupid enough to outright call for it, so you give yourself just enough wriggle room

Grendel

Did I ever claim you said that? All around this time you were saying 'I wouldn't sack him but' and would then go on about Barnsley and Luton sacking their managers to stay up, Jackett would be a perfect swap etc. You aren't stupid enough to outright call for it, so you give yourself just enough wriggle room

Classic lazy journalism - found out and surrenders

Ccfcisparks

I've just seen the post, absolutely hilarious, up there with his Taxi thread. He literally said Jackett would be a good swap for us if we wanted to survive. Unbelievable

Grendel

I've just seen the post, absolutely hilarious, up there with his Taxi thread. He literally said Jackett would be a good swap for us if we wanted to survive. Unbelievable

I of course did not as ever a silly attempt to distort my narrative

Brighton Sky Blue

Classic lazy journalism - found out and surrenders

'He was advocating a swap for Kenny Jackett'

'No I wasn't'

'He would be a perfect swap for Robins'

'Nah it was out of context, I win'

giphy.gif

Grendel

Yes you did, how can you argue when it's there in writing.

Because the context at the time was not to be sacked and exploring alternatives unless the approach changed. Much the same as the award winning “hear me out” thread - context and understanding is the key

Ccfcisparks

Because the context at the time was not to be sacked and exploring alternatives unless the approach changed. Much the same as the award winning “hear me out” thread - context and understanding is the key
So now will you admit you were wrong by wanting to swap Robins for Jackett?

Brighton Sky Blue

The context being you literally said it would be a perfect swap then made multiple posts justifying why that was. I said you advocated it, you did.

Evo1883

You definitely alluded to Robins needing to change tactics in the league 2 , hear me out thread ..

This season though in this thread you literally wanted him gone .

Either way , it doesn't matter now

procdoc

The purpose of this thread was that you wanted Robins out.

Evo1883

To be fair there were several posters on this thread that basically were a couple of millimetres off saying sack him .

Users who are viewing this thread