Taxi cancelled for Robins (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

He thought Presley was a tactical genius and was thrilled when he was offered a 4 year deal
I said his open letter at falkirk impressed me yes. I enjoyed that first game too we won 1 nil with Cody MacDonald scoring lots of passing it around.

At sixfields I actually doubted we played v well under him actually. Thought it was quite direct to Wilson and Clarke nfact .

Now shall we talk about you and robins? The bonafide genius robins surely you agree?

robbiekeane

Two promotions and survival against the odds suggest otherwise. You can argue he’s got it wrong in individual games but over a season he’s been repeatedly bang on.
It’s stuff like this that’s hilarious about this forum. Of all of Robins many many strengths, you choose his tactics and call him a “tactical genius”. Then I’m the arsehole for saying I think that’s a bit much 😂

Quality

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I still think he's too unwilling to change things during games at times and we definitely suffered in the season from not taking the game to teams in and around us but I think he's learnt over the season and he's become more confident in our abilities and we'll see that next season.

covcity4life

I see yes, a chap called fucking clueless for suggesting we play something that actually turned out rather well?
We just won 6-1 with the box formation

Stop acting like 2 upfront drastically changes us. We play a wing back system and that is what's most important. Tweaks upfront can be done game by game basis but we would have stayed up with either as don't forget u were moaning 247 whilst we picking up results and not in relegation zone.

procdoc

He's clearly a very good tactician, I don’t see how anyone could say otherwise.
I’m not saying that he’s not a very good tactician. However if Robins is a tactical genius then that makes the Barnsley manager the second coming of Christ

Brighton Sky Blue

We just won 6-1 with the box formation

Stop acting like 2 upfront drastically changes us. We play a wing back system and that is what's most important. Tweaks upfront can be done game by game basis but we would have stayed up with either as don't forget u were moaning 247 whilst we picking up results and not in relegation zone.

It was never just about 2 up front but to do with how the games were unfolding at that point in time. Not liking how we were playing is different to being unhappy about winning

PVA

I’m not saying that he’s not a very good tactician. However if Robins is a tactical genius then that makes the Barnsley manager the second coming of Christ

Yes genius may be stretching it. But he's consistently got us performing above expectations in the league and I think a lot of the success of the last two seasons has been as a result of the formation and tactics.

Also as a side note, Tuchel is playing the box formation with Chelsea. I wonder if many Chelsea fans are calling it a negative formation? :unsure:

procdoc

Yes genius may be stretching it. But he's consistently got us performing above expectations in the league and I think a lot of the success of the last two seasons has been as a result of the formation and tactics.

Also as a side note, Tuchel is playing the box formation with Chelsea. I wonder if many Chelsea fans are calling it a negative formation? :unsure:
It’s only negative if you have the wrong personnel

PVA

You do love to hold previously claims over people. Risky business, when everyone can hold your opinion on Robins over you to dispel any opinion you might have for the next decade or so

That's what I don't get.

Why is he bringing up some guy's opinion from 6 or 7 years ago... in a thread where he states a fucking ridiculous opinion just 2 months ago :LOL:

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s only negative if you have the wrong personnel

This was kind of the point. We were struggling to get ball time in the opposition half, giving possession away cheaply and the one man up front struggled with lack of support. It made sense doing it against Millwall as they couldn’t handle the same system in January and by the looks of it they hadn’t learned anything.

It’s never been as caveman as ‘just put two up front’

covcity4life

You do love to hold previous claims over people. Risky business, when everyone can hold your opinion on Robins over you to dispel any opinion you might have for the next decade or so
Also pretty sure he brought this up a year or 2 ago and when he linked to the post it was clearly me being toungue in cheek.

Sad people lash out. I've never been wrong but I hope when I am I accept the fact graciously.

covcity4life

giphy.gif

Frostie

The term "genius" I took as clearly hyperbolic, not sure you can refer to many managers as that, especially over a relatively short time or amount of clubs etc. Pep, Bielsa etc. maybe.

Just checking that would be the same Barnsley manager who praised Robins' tactics & admitted we totally outplayed them as we beat his side comfortably?

Reactions: PVA

procdoc

The term "genius" I took as clearly hyperbolic, not sure you can refer to many managers as that, especially over a relatively short time or amount of clubs etc. Pep, Bielsa etc. maybe.

Just checking that would be the same Barnsley manager who praised Robins' tactics & admitted we totally outplayed them as we beat his side comfortably?
I never said that we didn’t outplay them. All I’m saying is Robins cannot be described a tactical genius, can’t believe I have to justify that statement with an explanation to be honest!

Frostie

I never said that we didn’t outplay them. All I’m saying is Robins cannot be described a tactical genius, can’t believe I have to justify that statement with an explanation to be honest!

Just read a couple of your earlier posts & think we're actually broadly in agreement that he is very tactically astute.

I'm guessing it's the term "genius" you take issue with? If so, agreed as stated earlier but it's just the usual hyperbole of the modern world, hell I've seen Biamou described as a "legend" on social media recently!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

That's what I don't get.

Why is he bringing up some guy's opinion from 6 or 7 years ago... in a thread where he states a fucking ridiculous opinion just 2 months ago :LOL:

Because he's a sad individual.

procdoc

Just read a couple of your earlier posts & think we're actually broadly in agreement that he is very tactically astute.

I'm guessing it's the term "genius" you take issue with? If so, agreed as stated earlier but it's just the usual hyperbole of the modern world, hell I've seen Biamou described as a "legend" on social media recently!
A genius to me is a word that gets banded about too frequently. There are no geniuses in the championship lol

clint van damme

I was recommending 5-3-2 or variants there of since October

We rarely had our two main stikers fit and were shipping goals, (even after our decent finish only 3 teams conceded less) Robins had to something and when looking at the season in its entirety for the most part he got it spot on, events though it was brutal to watch at times.

To suggest a different formation earlier in the season would have paid the dividends it did in the last couple of months when we've had Walker and( briefly) Godden available, James showing us what he is capable of and Sam, Gyo and Hyam all hitting some form is fantasy.

You were also lionisng Wycombe, and I think maybe Rotherham and how much they werei n form and how they were going to catch us and neither happened.
Robins has done brilliantly the way he's managed the season.

Reactions: PVA

Brighton Sky Blue

We rarely had our two main stikers fit and were shipping goals, (even after our decent finish only 3 teams conceded less) Robins had to something and when looking at the season in its entirety for the most part he got it spot on, events though it was brutal to watch at times.

To suggest a different formation earlier in the season would have paid the dividends it did in the last couple of months when we've had Walker and( briefly) Godden available, James showing us what he is capable of and Sam, Gyo and Hyam all hitting some form is fantasy.

You were also lionisng Wycombe, and I think maybe Rotherham and how much they werei n form and how they were going to catch us and neither happened.
Robins has done brilliantly the way he's managed the season.

I wasn’t wrong to credit Wycombe and I also never predicted they would finish above us. Rotherham’s awful run of form at the end looked unlikely but fair enough, it happened. And besides all that, I’ve justified formation preferences on more than just ‘stick 2 up’

clint van damme

I wasn’t wrong to credit Wycombe and I also never predicted they would finish above us. Rotherham’s awful run of form at the end looked unlikely but fair enough, it happened. And besides all that, I’ve justified formation preferences on more than just ‘stick 2 up’

I don't think many people prefer 1upfront to two. But there was good reason why Robins wasnt playing it earlier in the season.
As I said at the time, it would have been Inconceivable to have gone one up top if Godden and Walker were both fit but unfortunately they were rarely available

Users who are viewing this thread