Taxi cancelled for Robins (4 Viewers)

Tommo1993

Here you go never wrongers, at least 30 on here should apply.

Had a look. I was out on the first hurdle. The BSc in sport science. Only thing I can remember from PE theory was the teacher catching his wedding ring on something and breaking his finger.

SkyBlueMatt

Jesus H Fucking Christ.

What the actual fuck is going on here ? Other than blatant self justified delusion and indulgent whiff... along with proof that some of our ‘supporters’ are total fuckwombles.

Robins has been phenomenal for our club.

End of.
Exactly this!

1 Cup, 2 promotions & our highest finish in 16? years.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Its been all forward momentum under Robins since his return and no club can constantly move forward.
At some point we'll take a backwards step and I really do worry about how some of our support will react.

There have been some valid criticism but the way factors such as budget, injuries and lack of experience has been dismissed by some is ridiculous. There's just no nuance.

NorthernWisdom

Its been all forward momentum under Robins since his return and no club can constantly move forward.
At some point we'll take a backwards step and I really do worry about how some of our support will react.

There have been some valid criticism but the way factors such as budget, injuries and lack of experience has been dismissed by some is ridiculous. There's just no nuance.
Quite. At some point you hit your level under the conditions you work with, even punch above your level. I feel we're doing that now, so to expect the manager to punch even more above our level is not really fair.

And that's not a lack of ambition, that's a criticism of various owners' management decisions over the years, on a grander scale that leave us in that position. Of course the team manager will be trying to progress, of course we aim to win every game but... we have to be aware that we will have limits set upon us.

procdoc

Quite. At some point you hit your level under the conditions you work with, even punch above your level. I feel we're doing that now, so to expect the manager to punch even more above our level is not really fair.

And that's not a lack of ambition, that's a criticism of various owners' management decisions over the years, on a grander scale that leave us in that position. Of course the team manager will be trying to progress, of course we aim to win every game but... we have to be aware that we will have limits set upon us.
exactly this. Grendel even criticised Robins for not signing the next Ollie Watkins in January. He’s got some very odd viewpoints. Agree with him about Max and Wilson though!

Brighton Sky Blue

exactly this. Grendel even criticised Robins for not signing the next Ollie Watkins in January. He’s got some very odd viewpoints. Agree with him about Max and Wilson though!

Well he simply doesn’t like Robins being on friendly terms with the owners and works backwards from there. The more you dislike someone the less slack you give them

Mucca Mad Boys

I wasn’t wrong to credit Wycombe and I also never predicted they would finish above us. Rotherham’s awful run of form at the end looked unlikely but fair enough, it happened. And besides all that, I’ve justified formation preferences on more than just ‘stick 2 up’

I acknowledge this was too soon to have called it, but I felt like Rotherham were destined for relegation when we beat them 3-1 at home.

Rotherham were always in a false position because their games in hand. Generally, the sense of paranoia on this board in relation to our own position overrated Rotherham.

That all said, the death blow for Rotherham will be picking up 1 point in a stretch of games against Wycombe, Huddersfield, ourselves and Birmingham. Even picking up a single win would’ve kept them up.

Brighton Sky Blue

I acknowledge this was too soon to have called it, but I felt like Rotherham were destined for relegation when we beat them 3-1 at home.

Rotherham were always in a false position because their games in hand. Generally, the sense of paranoia on this board in relation to our own position overrated Rotherham.

That all said, the death blow for Rotherham will be picking up 1 point in a stretch of games against Wycombe, Huddersfield, ourselves and Birmingham. Even picking up a single win would’ve kept them up.

I didn’t anticipate them doing that badly in that run of games to be honest. As Derby started plummeting though I did think that would also become significant. Context is everything though, going into that Rotherham fixture they had just done QPR 3-1 and we had won away just twice all season.

Don’t think any of us weren’t at least a bit nervy going into it.

SBAndy

Even when they had that good run of form, 2 of their wins were against Derby in the space of 3 or 4 games. There was never this amazing run of form they were on, and whilst I wasn’t sure whether they’d be up or down, I felt confident we would finish above them.

On the subject of 352, I was also calling for it very early on even from a defensive perspective. Playing the box, the ball kept coming back at us as it wouldn’t stick up top and we increasingly got ourselves into trouble overplaying at the back. Ah well, it’s done now and we survived comfortably, so no drama.

Moff

As much as this thread raises some very valid points, I feel that getting to 32 pages is more akin to people wanting to tell Grendel how wrong he was

He must be loving the attention. Shame the team couldn’t say the same after a 6-1win.

Mucca Mad Boys

I didn’t anticipate them doing that badly in that run of games to be honest. As Derby started plummeting though I did think that would also become significant. Context is everything though, going into that Rotherham fixture they had just done QPR 3-1 and we had won away just twice all season.

Don’t think any of us weren’t at least a bit nervy going into it.
Even when they had that good run of form, 2 of their wins were against Derby in the space of 3 or 4 games. There was never this amazing run of form they were on, and whilst I wasn’t sure whether they’d be up or down, I felt confident we would finish above them.

On the subject of 352, I was also calling for it very early on even from a defensive perspective. Playing the box, the ball kept coming back at us as it wouldn’t stick up top and we increasingly got ourselves into trouble overplaying at the back. Ah well, it’s done now and we survived comfortably, so no drama.

Full disclaimer: I was bricking it and very nervous going into that game after Rotherham had beating QPR. But, even had we lost it wouldn’t have been game over in my view.

Robins has done really well this season to adapt to a host of injuries. He didn’t double down on ‘the box’ that makes us so successful in L1. Toyed with the 5-3-2 variations and even the diamond and 4-2-3-1.

With another transfer window, you’d hope we can get a much more tailored team for the system to help us push on.

SBAndy

Full disclaimer: I was bricking it and very nervous going into that game after Rotherham had beating QPR. But, even had we lost it wouldn’t have been game over in my view.

Robins has done really well this season to adapt to a host of injuries. He didn’t double down on ‘the box’ that makes us so successful in L1. Toyed with the 5-3-2 variations and even the diamond and 4-2-3-1.

With another transfer window, you’d hope we can get a much more tailored team for the system to help us push on.

Oh god, I’d forgotten all about the diamond. Literally erased it from my memory, now I’m in cold sweats. Cheers.

Otis

From the stats I have seen (if accurate), Walker made 31 league appearances and Godden 23.

That says it all really. Your top striker out for half of the season and your second best striker out for third of the season.

It's no wonder we struggled to score goals at times.

PVA

From the stats I have seen (if accurate), Walker made 31 league appearances and Godden 23.

That says it all really. Your top striker out for half of the season and your second best striker out for third of the season.

I think you'll find we struggled to score goals because Robins shits it at this level and/or lost the dressing room.

Mucca Mad Boys

Walker scored 8 goals in 33 appearances and about 12 of those appearances were made off the bench (below 45 minutes played). A goal every 240 minutes is a good return for a player playing his first season in the Championship on a team fighting relegation for most of the season.

In Tyler Walker we have a striker who has very good finishing ability and he will only get better with a good spell of fitness and a good preseason behind him.

D

Deleted member 4439

Why? Are you going to tell them their conclusion is rubbish and that Barnsley's manager should get it whether they get promoited or not?

Out of interest, is there much out that provides a good indication of Chien Lee's spend?

Barnsley

Out of interest, is there much out that provides a good indication of Chien Lee's spend?

He’s not spending anything as far as I’m aware, he’s running the club on the money it generates, so basically the clubs spending the clubs money.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Backward step? Based on Robins ending a season we’ve gone:
Relegated
Promoted
Consolidated
Promoted
Consolidated

based on the above, if we don’t piss the league I want Robins out

Grendel

Maybe Jackett's greatest fan can follow him there and spare the rest of us from his absolute nonsense next season.

How you feeling - you can share your pain on here

DannyThomas_1981

How you feeling - you can share your pain on here

I could not be more pleased that Robins has again made you look like an absolute clown - 4th season in a row is it that you've called for a taxi? Last time was around mid March wasn't it?

Your credibility (and let's be honest you hardly had any to begin with) is completely shot on here - maybe try the Leyton board to be taken remotely seriously before they tire of your daily nonsense?

D

Deleted member 11652

I could not be more pleased that Robins has again made you look like an absolute clown - 4th season in a row is it that you've called for a taxi? Last time was around mid March wasn't it?

Your credibility (and let's be honest you hardly had any to begin with) is completely shot on here - maybe try the Leyton board to be taken remotely seriously before they tire of your daily nonsense?

Mate no one on a football forum has any credibility. Get down the pub👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread