Taxi cancelled for Robins (1 Viewer)

Gregbant

Roy Keane used to suggest that the difference between top players and others is the ability to perform week in week out, as oppose to just for the big games, interesting how the threat of relegation can motivate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210418_173618_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210418_173618_com.android.chrome.jpg
    609.4 KB · Views: 39

Sick Boy

What I find interesting is that a large percentage on here deride Walker as the new boo boy, yet they forget Robin chased him for a couple of years and rates him highly...

Gregbant

What I find interesting is that a large percentage on here deride Walker as the new boo boy, yet they forget Robin chased him for a couple of years and rates him highly...

I didn't realise he was getting slated here, I think he has got something, I think he just needs a injury free run as part of 2 up top and a couple of goals for confidence, what do you think?

Hertsccfc

Mate there are even posters who deride O'Hare and McCallum. They don't appreciate a bad performance or even bad form doesn't mean that a player is not good. I am confident Walker will come good

Gregbant

Robins is the man for us he's done an incredible job this season survival is massive for the future of the club hopefully we can consolidate in the championship now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Even with relegation, unless it was a ridiculous relegation I would have thought he was the man for us. This particular thread considering the way we have performed in this league was absolutely ludicrous, but then I suppose that's what keeps things interesting the truely bizarre 😂😂😂

clint van damme

Finally HAD his two main strikers back in order to be able to do that.

he also had to tighten things up, we were shipping too many goals.
The season is a work in process but as supporters we over react too much about what's happening in the here and now without thinking what we need longer term.
He's made mistakes but to be where we are with 4 games left is incredible.

Sick Boy

I think he's a terrific striker who, with a clear run and decent service, will get us 15+ goals next season.
Me too, I think he’ll prove to be excellent. The post earlier about him not smiling enough during games shows what he’s up against though.

clint van damme

Me too, I think he’ll prove to be excellent. The post earlier about him not smiling enough during games shows what he’s up against though.

I didn't realise until it was mentioned during the Rotherham game that he'd scored as many as Toney in League one until up until the point Forest recalled him.

Brighton Sky Blue

he also had to tighten things up, we were shipping too many goals.
The season is a work in process but as supporters we over react too much about what's happening in the here and now without thinking what we need longer term.
He's made mistakes but to be where we are with 4 games left is incredible.

This week he's properly earned his corn, two spot on performances and tactical set ups against quite different sides and in a short space of time. Pleasingly this place was pretty calm and rational after Bournemouth, then Rotherham beat QPR and we go berserk. Though deep down it's a football fan's prerogative

NorthernWisdom

I didn't realise until it was mentioned during the Rotherham game that he'd scored as many as Toney in League one until up until the point Forest recalled him.
He makes great runs, looks sharp, looks to get into the box, but has had a season totally disrupted by injury.

I'm not going to have a go at him missing chances, if he gets in a position to actually have them!

what we do need to do is create more ourselves...

Brighton Sky Blue

Listening to his interview after Brentford he's a very level headed young man who just doesn't show much emotion. While it's great that Ostigard annihilates corner posts every time he scores you need a mix of characters in any squad

clint van damme

He makes great runs, looks sharp, looks to get into the box, but has had a season totally disrupted by injury.

I'm not going to have a go at him missing chances, if he gets in a position to actually have them!

what we do need to do is create more ourselves...

I've said on more than one occasion if him and Godden had stayed fit we'd have at least another 5 or 6 points.
Hopefully they're both 100 percent for the start of next season though I'd still like to see another striker come in.

NorthernWisdom

I've said on more than one occasion if him and Godden had stayed fit we'd have at least another 5 or 6 points.
Hopefully they're both 100 percent for the start of next season though I'd still like to see another striker come in.
We need a big bloke to put himself about like Biamou does, but more consistently, and more impactfully.

If he can also do the 100metres in around 10 seconds, so much the better!

Skyblueweeman

Let's not forget all the injuries we have had to deal with. Our best two strikers have not been fit for virtually the whole season.

Yeah this and what Otis said.

Whilst Robins has got things wrong this season, having Godden and Walker out for large parts of the season, really did hamper us. Coupled with Kelly as well, it was always going to be tough with arguably 3 of our best players out for the long run.

Defence has been tightened up the last couple of games and the silly mistakes seem to be less impactful. Add in more game time for Kelly, Godden and Walker, we're looking decent to stay up.

That said, ive been a Cov fan long enough to know that I won't be happy until its mathematically impossible for us to go down.

But MR is definitely the right man to lead us into next season back at the Ricoh. Better than Jackett FFS...much better...

Gregbant

Yeah this and what Otis said.

Whilst Robins has got things wrong this season, having Godden and Walker out for large parts of the season, really did hamper us. Coupled with Kelly as well, it was always going to be tough with arguably 3 of our best players out for the long run.

Defence has been tightened up the last couple of games and the silly mistakes seem to be less impactful. Add in more game time for Kelly, Godden and Walker, we're looking decent to stay up.

That said, ive been a Cov fan long enough to know that I won't be happy until its mathematically impossible for us to go down.

But MR is definitely the right man to lead us into next season back at the Ricoh. Better than Jackett FFS...much better...

I would say Dabo not been fully fit has significantly affected our attacking ability as well

NortonSkyBlue

Last 2 games he’s changed it gone positive and 2 up front before that questions were being asked but yes I’m happy where we are calling for him to go was the wrong call he proved me wrong no issues there with saying it
I really admire your barefaced front. If I had spent months trying to get someone the sack then I would be in hiding, ashamed to put my head above the parapet.

Sky Blue Pete

Not looking for tens of millions, but enough to improve the squad without relying on losing Hamer/O’Hare.
I think that’s reasonable and fair to expect. Boddy doing his best to temper this by talking of paying for this season and being very risk averse cause of Covid

skybluetony176

I have to ask. The posters who have questioned Mark Robins ability, called him a Taxi etc what were you’re expectations for this season? In terms of the type of football we’d have to play and where we’d finish in the league.

procdoc

I have to ask. The posters who have questioned Mark Robins ability, called him a Taxi etc what were you’re expectations for this season? In terms of the type of football we’d have to play and where we’d finish in the league.
The confusing thing is they all said they’d be happy to stay up. It’s only a handful of posters that were vocal about it and they’re wrong 99% of the time about most things

Brighton Sky Blue

I think that’s reasonable and fair to expect. Boddy doing his best to temper this by talking of paying for this season and being very risk averse cause of Covid

Well I mean with an educated guess we can estimate the likely additional income we'll get next season with fans in versus this season with nobody. Pretty sure our first Ricoh game will be on the telly anyway so chuck another £100k in!

cc84cov

I really admire your barefaced front. If I had spent months trying to get someone the sack then I would be in hiding, ashamed to put my head above the parapet.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread