Taxi cancelled for Robins (1 Viewer)

TomRad85

Swindon was 1-1? I think they got a last minute equaliser.
I was quite young but i think this was the first ever game I went to. It was either this or a 1-0 win over Ipswich which was played very close to this.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Gregbant

Definitely no longer walking, may have just cancelled his taxi and hopefully heading towards a champagne bar in a limo in few weeks time.

Grendel

Definitely no longer walking, may have just cancelled his taxi and hopefully heading towards a champagne bar in a limo in few weeks time.

Hello Dongle you turd - where’s my money

Skyblueweeman

I went to the Swindon game. Killer was playing for them that day too.

Told the story a few times on here. I was at that game that day and met Phil Neal afterwards. He asked me if I enjoyed it and I was thinking (as an 11-12 year old), not really Phil, we've just been beat 3-1 by Swindon and I have to go to school on Monday where there's loads of Swindon fans!

I did get to go into the players lounge afterwards and meet Killer and had my picture taken with him. Made up for a crap day.

PVA

The Robins out crew said finishing above Rotherham, Wednesday and Wycombe is the minimum and nothing to be pleased about. So now we're 18th I assume they think he's doing an excellent job.

Gregbant

The Robins out crew said finishing above Rotherham, Wednesday and Wycombe is the minimum and nothing to be pleased about. So now we're 18th I assume they think he's doing an excellent job.

I get an expectation to finish above Wycombe, Rotherham maybe we should expect it, maybe not? Sheffield Wednesday I am not so sure, yes there is a 6 point deduction, a team who over the last 5 years have had a 19 million pound net spend. Prior to the points deduction would we have been that shocked if this Wednesday Squad finished 7 points ahead of us, personally I would not have been, so no I don't think we had a right to expect to be above them even with a 6 point deduction. For me staying up is an achievement in itself, if we do stay up 🤞🤞🤞

NorthernWisdom

It's highly possible that if we stay up, we're the only promoted team to do so. That would suggest staying up is an achievement.

Oh, and while I'm here, I'll throw in David Wagner. Currently out of work after terrible end to his Schalke career so his stock is lower than it was, but got Huddersfield up from this division and kept them up for a season.

(Caveats: I don't want Robins gone, and naming a name provides a distration as people then pull apart managers' records, and who knows if he's the right fit for CCFC or not but... it does annoy me when people demand names rather than Robins - there are lots of half-decent managers out there, the art is picking the right one for this club. As it happens, we have him already)

shmmeee

It's highly possible that if we stay up, we're the only promoted team to do so. That would suggest staying up is an achievement.

Oh, and while I'm here, I'll throw in David Wagner. Currently out of work after terrible end to his Schalke career so his stock is lower than it was, but got Huddersfield up from this division and kept them up for a season.

(Caveats: I don't want Robins gone, and naming a name provides a distration as people then pull apart managers' records, and who knows if he's the right fit for CCFC or not but... it does annoy me when people demand names rather than Robins - there are lots of half-decent managers out there, the art is picking the right one for this club. As it happens, we have him already)

Sky referred to Robins as “the most successful manager in English football right now”. I think that tells you all you need to know.

procdoc

Sky referred to Robins as “the most successful manager in English football right now”. I think that tells you all you need to know.
That’s not good enough for some people. We are shit but shouldn’t lose any games and the budget doesn’t matter apparently. Makes me wonder if these people know anything

DannyThomas_1981

That’s not good enough for some people. We are shit but shouldn’t lose any games and the budget doesn’t matter apparently. Makes me wonder if these people know anything
I'll answer that for you procdoc. It's been evident for years that some of the loudest and negative voices on here - know absolutely fcuk all about the game. Still doesn't stop them posting complete nonsense all day long unfortunately.

Grendel

I'll answer that for you procdoc. It's been evident for years that some of the loudest and negative voices on here - know absolutely fcuk all about the game. Still doesn't stop them posting complete nonsense all day long unfortunately.

“greatest athlete at the club” snigger

PVA

"Listen just hear me out"

giphy.gif

cc84cov

Robins was excellent last night as were the players no issue saying that,plenty of football still to be played but it’s defo positive

DannyThomas_1981

Moron: ‘Taxi for Robins’...3 years in a row.

Sky Sports: ‘Robins is the most successful manager in English football over the past 3 seasons in the most trying circumstances.’

Snigger.

(By the way - it’s Friday, the sun is shining, I know you’re disappointed we won last night and that James was excellent - but step outside, switch off SBT and just for once give everyone a break from your uninformed nonsense).

Reactions: vow

Grendel

Moron: ‘Taxi for Robins’...3 years in a row.

Sky Sports: ‘Robins is the most successful manager in English football over the past 3 seasons in the most trying circumstances.’

Snigger.

(By the way - it’s Friday, the sun is shining, I know you’re disappointed we won last night and that James was excellent - but step outside, switch off SBT and just for once give everyone a break from your uninformed nonsense).

How am I disappointed- unlike you I actually support the club.

DannyThomas_1981

How am I disappointed- unlike you I actually support the club.

If supporting the club =
constant calls for the manager to be fired
derision and criticism of individual players
and being at your very happiest when those targeted players are seen to make a mistake.......
then I agree you are the greatest supporter of the club that there has ever been.

Your idea of supporting the club is like most of your commentary - total nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread