Taxi cancelled for Robins (1 Viewer)

higgs

beats playing solitaire.
At leats we’ve had one, 15th is a pipe dream for CCFC with that silly billy in charge.
Do u post on other championship forums or is it just Barnsley and Coventry?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PVA

Hamer wants the ball off the defenders with options in front of him, so does James, so does Kelly. None of them want to get ahead and offer an option. Play with technical terms all you like. SBT’s average position graphic shows that. Last season you’d have had Godden, O’Hare and Allen/Shipley in the opponents half probably plus the wing backs. Maybe even Walsh who was happier going forward than Hamer is. Hamer is just very good at hitting it from the edge of the box. Arriving late. After the attack. Because he’s not primarily an attack minded player.

Yes, average position.

I then referred to their touches and it shows that Kelly sits in front of the defence and James & Hamer (in particular Gus) have more touches in the opposition half.

I never said Hamer was an attacker. Not even remotely close to what I said.

shmmeee

Yes, average position.

I then referred to their touches and it shows that Kelly sits in front of the defence and James & Hamer (in particular Gus) have more touches in the opposition half.

I never said Hamer was an attacker. Not even remotely close to what I said.

But that it literally the point you’re arguing against. People are saying we are playing one less attacker and three defensive minded midfielders.

PVA

But that it literally the point you’re arguing against. People are saying we are playing one less attacker and three defensive minded midfielders.

My point is twofold:

1 - That we aren't playing with 3 sitting midfielders. I agree it's one less attacker than playing a striker or attacking midfielder, but people are making out like James/Kelly/Hamer just sit in front of the defence and don't cross the halfway line. That is plainly nonsense. Hamer is our top scorer.

2 - The people moaning about how defensive we play are the same people who moan how shit Shipley/Allen/Biamou/Walker/Gyo are. Can't have it both ways.

Barnsley

Do u post on other championship forums or is it just Barnsley and Coventry?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

At times, all the decent ones, Swansea, Cardiff, Boro, Leeds, Reading, Stoke, Bristol, uddersfield, Wensdeh, Palace, Hove, Plymouth, Brentford, Wolves
This is the one I’m active on most at the moment. It’s a cracking read and some decent posters. Normally just post on sites when we’re due to play them.

TomRad85

At times, all the decent ones, Swansea, Cardiff, Boro, Leeds, Reading, Stoke, Bristol, uddersfield, Wensdeh, Palace, Hove, Plymouth, Brentford, Wolves
This is the one I’m active on most at the moment. It’s a cracking read and some decent posters. Normally just post on sites when we’re due to play them.
Whats your top 3 shittest championship forums?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Watford’s was surprisingly decent too.

procdoc

I’m old enough to remember when Barnsley had that one season in the premier league. What an absolute car crash that was.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I would tend to agree with both your comments and @NorthernWisdom.

he’s s definitely improved since he was manager of you and us the first time around. He’s now flexible to an extent. In league two and league one he fluidly changed our system when one wasn’t working.

he’ll however stick with his original plan for as long as possible before changing, and yesthe description about Brentford/ Wycombe was spot on

he actually diverted to the two up front at the start of the season agaisnt unbeaten, top of the league reading.... we won 3-2

I'd argue that flexibility was enforced due to injury and he couldn't do what he wanted. I'm not sure if those players had stayed fit he'd have changed things. This is probably the first season where injuries haven't led to us coming across a good alternative, mainly due to it being the main strikers who have been missing regularly. That's not to take away from the fact he did manage to find a different system that did work.

I also think barnsley has a point. MR does still show the traits of having more of a go against teams we should struggle against and then shut up shop against weaker ones. You'd think he'd see the results against the better teams and think "if we can get at them we should have a go at the weaker teams" but he often doesn't.

Assuming we stay up next season will be a big season for him. We'll have had our consolidation season and we have to see a more attacking approach from him to progress. Whether we see it or not will tell us of his mindset.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I'd argue that flexibility was enforced due to injury and he couldn't do what he wanted. I'm not sure if those players had stayed fit he'd have changed things. This is probably the first season where injuries haven't led to us coming across a good alternative, mainly due to it being the main strikers who have been missing regularly. That's not to take away from the fact he did manage to find a different system that did work.

I also think barnsley has a point. MR does still show the traits of having more of a go against teams we should struggle against and then shut up shop against weaker ones. You'd think he'd see the results against the better teams and think "if we can get at them we should have a go at the weaker teams" but he often doesn't.

Assuming we stay up next season will be a big season for him. We'll have had our consolidation season and we have to see a more attacking approach from him to progress. Whether we see it or not will tell us of his mindset.
I did recall the injuries but he could have ultimately shoehorned other players in to his systems.

just got to hope we stay up now...

Evo1883

so he doesn’t see top six sides as a free hit, and turn up playing attacking football with the shackles off ? And pick up a few results against them, must be worse than before then. Used to love us playing the better side to see us have a go.

You're wrong.

We've been playing various formations against top or bottom sides all season .
The fact we beat Brentford has little bearing on that as its wouldn't happen more than twice in 10 games against them .

We've looked good in games , and got nowt , we've looked bad in games and got points ...

Season started we went at every team and were doing shite ..

We simply don't have the players capable of doing much better ,comes with 2 promotions in 3 years , including the horrendous injury list we had throughout mid season

We've players who played in league 2 , and only a couple with experience at this level .

It's not just about Robins tactics as in the last 2 games we should have scored 6 , we've hit the woodwork a silly amount of times .
It's because we just haven't got the quality required to do much better ...

We've had to build a club up from the 4th tier to the 2nd tier in 3 seasons ...it's not an easy job

Especially when you're not flush with cash and playing away from home for 2 seasons

Barnsley ...as silly as it sounds are an easier club to manage than Coventry City, especially in recent years

Last edited:

Grendel

I’m old enough to remember when Barnsley had that one season in the premier league. What an absolute car crash that was.

Midweek game I believe. Was working in London watched in a shite pub and then milked the expenses for all it was worth afterwards. A significant Chinese buffet and a very large hotel drinks bill

Greggs

time to go outside mate

shmmeee

Midweek game I believe. Was working in London watched in a shite pub and then milked the expenses for all it was worth afterwards. A significant Chinese buffet and a very large hotel drinks bill

Think you were caught on camera coming out of that buffet weren’t you?

Reactions: SBT

wingy

You're wrong.

We've been playing various formations against top or bottom sides all season .
The fact we beat Brentford has little bearing on that as its wouldn't happen more than twice in 10 games against them .

We've looked good in games , and got nowt , we've looked bad in games and got points ...

Season started we went at every team and were doing shite ..

We simply don't have the players capable of doing much better ,comes with 2 promotions in 3 years , including the horrendous injury list we had throughout mid season

We've players who played in league 2 , and only a couple with experience at this level .

It's not just about Robins tactics as in the last 2 games we should have scored 6 , we've hit the woodwork a silly amount of times .
It's because we just haven't got the quality required to do much better ...

We've had to build a club up from the 4th tier to the 2nd tier in 3 seasons ...it's not an easy job

Especially when you're not flush with cash and playing away from home for 2 seasons

Barnsley ...as silly as it sounds are an easier club to manage than Coventry City, especially in recent years
Just pointing out we have taken one more point in the last ten games in comparison to the first ten

One draw more , two wins across both .

Edit or over first and last 15

3 W.5 D against 4W 4,D

Last edited:

Evo1883

Just pointing out we have taken one more point in the last ten games in comparison to the first ten

One draw more , two wins across both .
True , we've not had our best striker though during this spell.

Either way ..I think what I said is true and probably proves that quality is and always has been the issue

play_in_skyblue_stripes

They beat us tbf - it was televised on Sky on a Monday night, as did Swindon.
Yes that was a shocking night. We did win the home game which was part of a think 6 or 7 game winning run. That run should have continued further but we totally blew semi final opportunity against Sheff Utd at home.

For what's it worth, my first trip on two to Oakwell to watch Peter Ndlovu play for Birmingham there. Did the same for Tommy Hutchison at Bury for Swansea. There are my two favourite all time Coventry City players

wingy

True , we've not had our best striker though during this spell.

Either way ..I think what I said is true and probably proves that quality is and always has been the issue
Yeah I was just maybe confused over whether it was style or system etc

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I didn't mean in the same season, the point I was making was that we never fared very well against so called whipping boys. Even that Barnsley home game we won late on through a debatable penalty (iirc it was the record breaking 7th straight win).
Sorry mate, misunderstood. Ashley Ward scored for Barnsley didn’t he?

And didn’t Fjortoft score when Swindon hadnt won in about the first 10?

Users who are viewing this thread