Taxi cancelled for Robins (2 Viewers)

procdoc

This is a headline I found about Garry Monk:
Tactically inept, no leadership

Evo1883

I don't want the club to sack Robins , the club won't sack Robins...pointless thread

Grendel

I don't want the club to sack Robins , the club won't sack Robins...pointless thread

The club will still play biamou every week

Brighton Sky Blue

I’ve said this, both Neil Harris and Gary Monk have been successful enough in this league. Both are fighting managers.

Harris took millwall out of league one and into mid table championship.

monk has done well initially at Swansea and Birmingham (although not a great long term manager I admit - and not a great top half manager, but we’re a way off that)

To be honest, the only one I'd want at this point in time would be Viveash who is the tactical brains of the duo anyway, familiar to the players and the only vocal one on the touchline.

Barnsley

Yeah I’ll stick with Robins over Harris or Monk, thanks
Theirs certain managers you want no where near your club, you’ve mentioned two, then theirs......Hodgson, Fat Sam, Mick McCarthy, Alex Neil, Tony Pulis, Grayson, That Appleton geezer but to name just a few. I honestly can’t understand why you’d have any of these negative bästards at your club. We’re a club that lives within it’s means and I’d honestly rather be in the conference with conference standard players who try to play some entertaining football, than in the championship watching the shïte them cünts serve up.

procdoc

Theirs certain managers you want no where near your club, you’ve mentioned two, then theirs......Hodgson, Fat Sam, Mick McCarthy, Alex Neil, Tony Pulis, Grayson, That Appleton geezer but to name just a few. I honestly can’t understand why you’d have any of these negative bästards at your club. We’re a club that lives within it’s means and I’d honestly rather be in the conference with conference standard players who try to play some entertaining football, than in the championship watching the shïte them cünts serve up.
It’s only one individual saying it to be fair, they’re not representative of most of our supporters

Barnsley

Barnsley were bottom of the league when he took over and transformed them instantly.

Then when he left they finished 4 places lower the following season

I refer you to the post above yours.

I’d honestly rather be non league than watch negative defensive shite. It’s totally pointless, it’s the championship not the champions league. If you can’t play entertaining football you may as well drop down to a level where you can, Robins isn’t a championship manager regardless of the results he gets, he stinks the place up with negative shïte every time he’s here.

procdoc

I’d honestly rather be non league than watch negative defensive shite. It’s totally pointless, it’s the championship not the champions league. If you can’t play entertaining football you may as well drop down to a level where you can, Robins isn’t a championship manager regardless of the results he gets, he stinks the place up with negative shïte every time he’s here.
Under Robins we played some of our best football in years last season. With our squad you have to be more cautious in a much better league with a majority of those same players. Could he be more positive against the likes of Birmingham and Wycombe? Yes. However our aim is simply to stay up, not play like Barcelona

Barnsley

Under Robins we played some of our best football in years last season. With our squad you have to be more cautious in a much better league with a majority of those same players. Could he be more positive against the likes of Birmingham and Wycombe? Yes. However our aim is simply to stay up, not play like Barcelona

What’s the point in staying up ? . You’d be much better off in league one winning every week playing good football. If you can’t entertain your punters then theirs no point in playing.

Brighton Sky Blue

What’s the point in staying up ? . You’d be much better off in league one winning every week playing good football. If you can’t entertain your punters then theirs no point in playing.

I think the problem has been we set out this season to play in that way, then opted to sacrifice that to try and get results. Now we're in some strange halfway house where we're not trying the flowing football of before but we're also butchering a more direct approach. It just looks confused as do the players if I'm honest.

procdoc

Who’s to say with improvements made to the squad we won’t play better football next season should we stay up? It’s not like we’ve played bad football in every game either. The point in staying up is literally to be in a higher league, that’s the concept of football.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Because to be honest the thought of playing Cheltenham and Forest Green again gives me the shivers.

you should always aspire to go the highest possible. Never understand wanting to be in lower leagues

Barnsley

I think the problem has been we set out this season to play in that way, then opted to sacrifice that to try and get results. Now we're in some strange halfway house where we're not trying the flowing football of before but we're also butchering a more direct approach. It just looks confused as do the players if I'm honest.

Get used to it, it’s here to stay, if you stay up this season, he’ll approach next season in the exact same way trying to achieve the exact same thing a successful relegation battle. It’s no way to carry on in my opinion.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Get used to it, it’s here to stay, if you stay up this season, he’ll approach next season in the exact same way trying to achieve the exact same thing a successful relegation battle. It’s no way to carry on in my opinion.
But he’s done well for 4 years... half the fans here have no interest in progressing

that being said if he stays up he deserves to carry on, that’s the goal this season

Barnsley

Who’s to say with improvements made to the squad we won’t play better football next season should we stay up? It’s not like we’ve played bad football in every game either. The point in staying up is literally to be in a higher league, that’s the concept of football.
🤣😂🤣😂🤣 you could give him the Norwich squad and he’d still shit himself at this level and go out trying not to lose.

procdoc

Not being funny but we’ve had Robins a few years now and has improved us over that period of time. I trust him to improve us again should we stay up. You play decent football for one season and think you’re twinned with Barcelona. You bottled it on Saturday against one of your local rivals who are an even worse team than we are

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Not being funny but we’ve had Robins a few years now and has improved us over that period of time. I trust him to improve us again should we stay up. You play decent football for one season and think you’re twinned with Barcelona. You bottled it on Saturday against one of your local rivals who are an even worse team than we are
And also has experience of Mark Robins at this level. Shall we ask a Huddersfield fan aswell their thoughts?

Barnsley

He’s wank at this level pal, totally gutless, what you’ve had this season is what you’re getting every season, whilst you’re at this level with him in charge, he hasn’t got the bottle to approach the championship any differently.

If you think we play decent football, you’ve clearly not seen us this year. Hoof hoof hoof. But it’s still a thousand times more entertaining and attack minded than the shite Robins plays at his level.

cc84cov

At this level he’s negative for sure we’ve seen it all season absolutely hates making subs or changing a system

procdoc

He’s wank at this level pal, totally gutless, what you’ve had this season is what you’re getting every season, whilst you’re at this level with him in charge, he hasn’t got the bottle to approach the championship any differently.

If you think we play decent football, you’ve clearly not seen us this year. Hoof hoof hoof. But it’s still a thousand times more entertaining and attack minded than the shite Robins plays at his level.
I tend to watch my own team, no interest in watching the rest when we are playing. I thought you looked good against Chelsea, played some decent stuff. But just because Robins didn’t work out for you doesn’t mean he won’t for us.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I tend to watch my own team, no interest in watching the rest when we are playing. I thought you looked good against Chelsea, played some decent stuff. But just because Robins didn’t work out for you doesn’t mean he won’t for us.
Or didn’t work out for Huddersfield at this level, and looking likely to take us down

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

You’re getting tiresome. You’d prefer dogshit like Garry Monk, sums up your knowledge of the game
Correction I’ve got more knowledge outside of Coventry..... monk has succeeded at this level and the one above. Robins has been found out at this level every time he’s been here.

like I said, you can be happy with relegation I certainly am not

Barnsley

He did work out for us, he achieved exactly what he and the club wanted to achieve, the problem is the way in which he achieved it, it wasn’t worth achieving. Fucking awful viewing.

Users who are viewing this thread