Take the knee (3 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Sexist!

Have to defend the 2 pundits at end. They are experts on the football league and exactly the type of pundit required rather than judt ex players who would rather make it to the premier league coverage

These 2 lads did a great podcast and spoke well about cov. I expect them to be on your telly alot more hopefully.

There are definitely non-pro's out there who are more than capable of providing more insight into teams etc. While analysis of tactics/positions etc is more likely to be accurate by the ex pros/coaches they're often clueless about actual teams, players, styles of play etc. Certainly outside the Prem and it gets worse the further you go down.

Grendel

I have not implied youre a racist, I've called you a hypocrite.

Unless everyone you call a hypocrite is now a racist, then you should accept I think you a hypocrite in this instance, but not a racist.

If you see anything else, you're a paranoid loon, and lockdown is seriously getting to you.

Even more so if somebody is saying (and I repeat again) YOU ARE NOT A RACIST.

If I thought you were, I'd call you a racist. I wouldn't need to imply it.

It seems lockdown is getting to you

Tommo1993

As shit as that Sky presenter was, it’s not her fault. There’s a producer constantly pouring it down her ear.

Also on the contrary, she didn’t have to jump on it like it was a massive scandal either. Wouldn’t even say it qualifies as either club snubbing it.

NorthernWisdom

It seems lockdown is getting to you
This fucking thread is getting to me. First time in years I get to see all the games we play, and it seems it's full of righties trying to make things political!

I'm taking my own advice and bowing out. Clearly I need a signature that makes clear unless I call you a racist, I don't think you're a racist.

usskyblue

At half time which was then back to discussing the game afterwards?

I understand it’s a tough position to be in...but what I see is the owner of the forum trying to be ‘one of the lads’. I’m not saying you can’t be...but you are responsible for the content. That’s your primary responsibility and something you have to balance

My advice FWIW... is to keep this side football related. Media outrage isn’t anything to do with the game itself... that’s why a separate thread was needed. People go on a match thread for information on the match, not to be suffocated by outrage about topics that people can’t help but politicize.

Yes, many different match comments can be twisted if people are that desperate to thrust their shitty agenda on here... but everyone is aware of BLM and the division it’s (somehow) caused.

We’re all tired, stressed and fed up with politics and Covid. Let’s keep the footy side about the ONE fucking thing that unites us.

Nick

Administrator
I have not implied youre a racist, I've called you a hypocrite.

Unless everyone you call a hypocrite is now a racist, then you should accept I think you a hypocrite in this instance, but not a racist.

If you see anything else, you're a paranoid loon, and lockdown is seriously getting to you.

Even more so if somebody is saying (and I repeat again) YOU ARE NOT A RACIST.

If I thought you were, I'd call you a racist. I wouldn't need to imply it.

The lockdown hasn't bothered me that much really and it's much better now the gym and football are back on. Nice try though.

No, you implied it because I dared to point something out about your shadow ROS (amongst others) and that I don't say anything about people with different views.

Ironic really when i will point out somebody is a prick regardless of whether they are white, black, blue, green or yellow, right, left, centre or top left. Maybe if people weren't so worried to do that then things might get discussed properly.

Nick

Administrator
I understand it’s a tough position to be in...but what I see is the owner of the forum trying to be ‘one of the lads’. I’m not saying you can’t be...but you are responsible for the content. That’s your primary responsibility and something you have to balance

My advice FWIW... is to keep this side football related. Media outrage isn’t anything to do with the game itself... that’s why a separate thread was needed. People go on a match thread for information on the match, not to be suffocated by outrage about topics that people can’t help but politicize.

Yes, many different match comments can be twisted if people are that desperate to thrust their shitty agenda on here... but everyone is aware of BLM and the division it’s (somehow) caused.

We’re all tired, stressed and fed up with politics and Covid. Let’s keep the footy side about the ONE fucking thing that unites us.

I agree and take it on board, thanks :)

Nick

Administrator
I did not. You are not a fucking racist.

I'm thinking I need to put it in my signature, NICK IS NOT A RACIST. At the moment you're going on like you WANT me to think you're a racist, for some bizarre reason!

Or maybe you could just try not to be condescending because somebody mentioned your mate ROS? Like a shit tag team.

Grendel

Strange you are nowhere to be seen on the post about the gangs shooting each other in the city.

Funny that.

Indeed

Nick

Administrator
/sighs

Can you get nothing through your thick skull?

I DID NOT CALL YOU A RACIST.

You're behaving like a paranoid mentalist, however.

No, I said you tried to imply it with some of your comments. Not that you called me it.

Not really sure about your mental health and lockdown digs though, especially from your own comments in the lockdown threads. Bad form.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

By the way, when discussing BAME problems, then you cant just blame white people...
Crime, culture, education and the fact they harm each other at alarming rates CANNOT be ignored and must be discussed sensibly... As that cant happen without everybody shouting racist, not alot will change. Create a balanced argument, discuss the problems, try and create change.

Most people call that equality don't they... Balanced structural change that helps everybody in life

White man bad = not an argument

Of course it's more nuanced but some of those things you mention you also have to look at which parts of society have control over things which create those things.

For example crime. In America a black person is more likely to be charged and gain a criminal record from a minor crime than a white person who is more likely to be cautioned. This then affects their ability to find work.

Black people are also far less likely to be given better paying employment than a white person all other things being equal such as education. Thus they're much more likely to end up in low income jobs and more likely to do crinimal acts to support themselves and their families (and again more likely to have the full extent of the law thrown at them). This then has a generational effect as they think "what's the point of me getting that education when I'll be passed over for someone white anyway in the job market?"

It's got a lot of common traits with the class system here - those with money are often given opportunities those without aren't, yet those with money don't recognise that and say the fault is with the poor for not working hard enough. Then they try and play these people off against each other so they're too busy fighting each other than those that are the actual problem.

The fact is certain elements of a population have power and control and the only way a situation can improve for those without it is for those with power to concede some of it and they won't do that.

Last edited:

clint van damme

To he honest it was hard to separate the football from the politics last night after the song and dance Sky made of the whole thing.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It really is funny how the people who bang on about virtue signalling snowflakes are actually the biggest snowflakes of them all.

Oh and imagine getting so wound up about an anti racism campaign.

What has taking a knee done to fight racism? That is a question to yourself and anyone else who is trying to take the moral high ground on this.

I'll wait.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

No, I said you tried to imply it with some of your comments. Not that you called me it.

Not really sure about your mental health and lockdown digs though, especially from your own comments in the lockdown threads. Bad form.
On this site there are a few people who, by default, like to label everyone a racist until they can prove otherwise.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I haven't seen a single person on this forum say that we shouldn't be striving for equality. I therefore don't really understand this kind of reaction.

I said ages ago that there would be a backlash should a football player (or team in this case) not take the knee before a game. That isn't fighting racism, and that isn't promoting equality. The suggestion that it is effectively racist not to take the knee (because that is what is being suggested really) is a load of shit. Equally jumping on a thread to try and take some kind of moral high ground towards people who don't agree with it, before running off again is pretty cowardly.

The latest slogan has not been picked apart once because it hits the spot nicely without having alternative agendas. I really think BLM has set race relations back a long way.

I have asked for anyone to give me an example of how taking the knee has done anything to fight racism. Quelle surprise. Crickets.

Otis

Surely taking the knee, in isolation, it is going to do nothing, but it is all part of a movement of awareness. Getting the disparity between black and white in everyone's forethoughts.

I have always known of racism in society in general, but have been hearing so many eye opening stories since this whole thing blew open.

It is just something that is part of the whole movement of bringing awareness.

I do think it has now served its purpose though and the statement has been diluted somewhat.

Last edited:

mrtrench

This is so uncontroversial, I really don't know what the argument is. If people want to support a cause, fair play to them. if people don't want to show their support in that way, then fine, not taking a knee doesn't make somebody a racist.

I would wonder how much contradiction will out when we go into the annual poppy fascism when the likes of James McClean don't wear one...

I initially only saw the first sentence and composed a diatribe in my head which started: 'is disingenuous your middle name?'. I'm glad once I got WiFi I read the rest.

This BLM malarkey is a classic left wing play, hiding under something that seems reasonable. Of course black lives matter, who other than the mad undereducated 0.1% could disagree? But BLM the organisation is a covert left wing play with, as usual, horrific aims concealed under their skirts. We have already done this topic in the off topic forum. It's a shame imo that it has been brought up here on the footy thread.

Whilst we are revelling in off topic, here's a photo of the taverna I'm sat in. I'm drinking retina and I fucking love it. IMG_20200919_202219.jpg

David O'Day

Surely taking the knee, in its itself, is going to do nothing, but it is all part of a movement of awareness. Getting the disparity between back and white in everyone's forethoughts.

I have always known of racism in society in general, but have been hearing so many eye opening stories since this whole thing blew open.

It is just something that is part of the whole movement of bringing awareness.

I do think it has now served its purpose though and the statement has been diluted somewhat.

This, is just a way of keeping in in the public eye.

Otis

I initially only saw the first sentence and composed a diatribe in my head which started: 'is disingenuous your middle name?'. I'm glad once I got WiFi I read the rest.

This BLM malarkey is a classic left wing play, hiding under something that seems reasonable. Of course black lives matter, who other than the mad undereducated 0.1% could disagree? But BLM the organisation is a covert left wing play with, as usual, horrific aims concealed under their skirts. We have already done this topic in the off topic forum. It's a shame imo that it has been brought up here on the footy thread.

Whilst we are revelling in off topic, here's a photo of the taverna I'm sat in. I'm drinking retina and I fucking love it. View attachment 16999
You are drinking wine made from crushed eyeballs?

Grendel

RegTheDonk

I don’t know. TBH it’s not my fight. As I said if Dabo, Mason, Baka etc are there saying it matters to them I’d expect the manager and the rest of the squad to back them because that’s the ethos we have. Equally if they all said they couldn’t give a shit I’d be happy to leave it. Robins said it matters to the team, so I’m happy to go along with it. I don’t see a problem with the message that all members of our squad matter, in fact I think it’s very on brand. I’d be very disappointed if fans came back and booed something the players were doing, which is what you seem to be suggesting. But not surprised so I won’t be takin you up on that bet.
I am glad there's the ability at QPR for players to make their own decisions.

I'm all for Kick It Out or whatever dance routine or hand signal people might want to invent to promote equality - but if I was part of our team I would not want to take the knee due to my own convictions/POV. I would be very torn between that decision and supporting a team mates' feelings who does. I totally get MR and the team kind of borg collective vs indivduality, so peer pressure and the bigger picture would probably win though.

I would hope discussing the points in the dressing room would be OK and players would listen to each others viewpoints, but dare say like on here, there would be ill feeling and accusations. At least we can ignore each other, bit hard to do that on the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread