Take the knee (2 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

Nope I knock multiple people for it. I mean I have even pointed another out in this thread.

How about you fuck off with your snidey remarks implying I am racist?
I am not implying you're a racist you fucking mentalist. If I thought you were a racist I'd call you a racist.

You are however a massive hypocrite jumping on RoS here, and not the righties who started it.

So stop with your shit now, back away, and either let threads run their course or shut them down rather than singling some out and not others, it stinks tbh.

Nick

Administrator
It's not patronising, you made a political statement evaluating it against Black Lives Matter.

Deal with it.

I made a statement saying it wasn't political and nobody could disagree with it. It was about a football inititiative on a football forum.

Your pompous, condescending attempt is fucking boring. At least have the bottle to call me a racist rather than your snidey bullshit.

NorthernWisdom

I made a statement saying it wasn't political and nobody could disagree with it. It was about a football inititiative on a football forum.

Your pompous, condescending attempt is fucking boring. At least have the bottle to call me a racist rather than your snidey bullshit.
You compared it to BLM, that makes it political.

Deal with it. AGain, you're a fucking moron if you think I'mimplying you're a racist.

usskyblue

I was pointing out how they had no interest in speaking football and they wanted to whip up a storm first and foremost.

Was I wrong? It was half time when it was mentioned wasn't it?

You are the moderator/owner. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have an opinion but it does charge you with being responsible for what you say, what others say and where it directs a thread.

I think a ‘match thread’ should reflect the game, not the media coverage of nothing related to the actual game. You literally allowed the media to light a match on the match thread and with your ‘outrage’ basically chucked petrol on it.

Nick

Administrator
I am not implying you're a racist you fucking mentalist.

You are however a massive hypocrite jumping on RoS here, and not the righties who started it.

So stop with your shit now, back away, and either let threads run their course or shut them down rather than singling some out and not others, it stinks tbh.

How is it singling anybody out when I have mentioned multiple people? Fucking hell I even post on other threads calling people out.

Maybe you should stop being protective over your olden day football friend and let him speak for himself?

I don't give a fuck about right or left but sad acts like you, DOD, ROS and then I think it was Earlsdon who jumped on another thread making it about the lefties are all the same for the other "side".

You are all snidey little fuckers, whether you are right, left, purple, blue or green. Little comments here and then trying to imply things.

Nick

Administrator
You are the moderator/owner. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have an opinion but it does charge you with being responsible for what you say, what others say and where it directs a thread.

I think a ‘match thread’ should reflect the game, not the media coverage of nothing related to the actual game. You literally allowed the media to light a match on the match thread and with your ‘outrage’ basically chucked petrol on it.

At half time which was then back to discussing the game afterwards?

Evo1883

[/QUOTE]
Being anti an anti-racism campaign and comparing them to Jo Cox's killers is not a good look...
Why? You could argue 2 coppers were shot in the head in LA on the back of this "movement" and it's anti police rhetoric..

Not a good look?you don't get to tell me what is and isn't a good look as I have my own mind and opinions.. I'm against the BLM organisation... I'm not against the fight for justice and equality... Hope this helps

mark82

By the way, when discussing BAME problems, then you cant just blame white people...
Crime, culture, education and the fact they harm each other at alarming rates CANNOT be ignored and must be discussed sensibly... As that cant happen without everybody shouting racist, not alot will change. Create a balanced argument, discuss the problems, try and create change.

Most people call that equality don't they... Balanced structural change that helps everybody in life

White man bad = not an argument

Not sure anyone is actually making the "white man bad" argument though. People are asking to be treated equally. As you suggest, it's not a quick fix - there are a lot of societal issues that need resolving.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Are you seriously saying “black lives matter” is worse than “black equality”?

sounds to me like the problem is your (and lots of others’) interpretation of what’s actually a very simple statement.

No, it'd remove the ambiguity like we've had with the "all lives matter" nonsense which allows those wanting to discredit it to make out it's saying only black people matter and thus has a further agenda.

It's the basis of most legal arguments. You take a statement that seems pretty straightforward and add ambiguity and interpretation into it to question its validity. So make it as unambiguous as possible.

Tommo1993

As shit as that Sky presenter was, it’s not her fault. There’s a producer constantly pouring it down her ear.

Nick

Administrator
You're a very paranoid man Nick.

YOU ARE NOT A RACIST.

It isn't paranoid at all. I can just see through your comments. Same on the other threads when you have people jumping about with gammons and calling people racists.

Funnily enough, its probably all middle aged white men where the actual people who have suffered in their lives due to it actually discuss things and make more sense. Then you have the gimps jumping in with "gammon" and "you must be racist" and all of the implications.

Thats what annoys people, it isn't people wanting equality that's annoying as that's a given and how it should be. It's all the doo goody gimps jumping on it and shouting about things.

It's all the snideyness, it isn't just either the right or the left. It's when people want to make it extreme and on one side. Not every black person is a criminal murderer like some would want you to believe, likewise not every policeman is going to National Front meetings on their day off like others will have you believe.

From what I can see, there's just a lot of people from either "side" wanting to stir things up either way and make every, fucking thing about politics. How can they blame the tories? How can they blame Labour? How can they blame so and so?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They've just done it for Forest v Cardiff

Because it's done on the whistle it kind of forces everyone to take part and that doesn't make it an effective stance, it feels like an expectation of people rather than an expression of their views and values. It should be done as part of the team line ups or something and down to individual choice.

mark82

Why? You could argue 2 coppers were shot in the head in LA on the back of this "movement" and it's anti police rhetoric..

Not a good look?you don't get to tell me what is and isn't a good look as I have my own mind and opinions.. I'm against the BLM organisation... I'm not against the fight for justice and equality... Hope this helps
[/QUOTE]

You can understand the anti-police rhetoric with what is happening though, can't you?

Evo1883

giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Surely if the woman presenting wanted to go straight into half time getting worked up about not taking the knee you would have thought she would be doing her bit?

Its like me whinging at you for not going to games and not bothering to go myself ;)

I wonder if there's a camera that shows them at the kick off to see if they took a knee? Nothing to stop them supporting the cause if they choose on the sidelines.

Nick

Administrator
My comment saying you're not a racist.

If this is the standard, then you need to look very closely at yourself. It's getting to you, you're seeing things that are not there.

I repeat, YOU ARE NOT A RACIST.

Can't say anything else really can I.

Yeah, after I pointed out your implications ;)

I know I'm not a racist.

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if there's a camera that shows them at the kick off to see if they took a knee? Nothing to stop them supporting the cause if they choose on the sidelines.

Players have pre match huddles.

I am sure if they decided to all huddle up and take the knee instead it would send out a message, wouldn't it? Why didn't McAnuff arrange that as captain? It's all well and good him making comments about QPR and CCFC when he is guilty of doing fuck all before games himself.

NorthernWisdom

Yeah, after I pointed out your implications ;)

I know I'm not a racist.
I have not implied youre a racist, I've called you a hypocrite.

Unless everyone you call a hypocrite is now a racist, then you should accept I think you a hypocrite in this instance, but not a racist.

If you see anything else, you're a paranoid loon, and lockdown is seriously getting to you.

Even more so if somebody is saying (and I repeat again) YOU ARE NOT A RACIST.

If I thought you were, I'd call you a racist. I wouldn't need to imply it.

Evo1883

You can understand the anti-police rhetoric with what is happening though, can't you?
[/QUOTE]
I think it's a massively wonky argument and the way it's portrayed in no way shape or form reflects reality... Much like many right wing arguments.

Do black people get killed by the police in America... Yes.

Do unarmed black people get killed by the police in America... Yes

Do white people... Yes

Do Hispanics... Yes

Then there are other factors like crime compared to % of population... Never looked at and always conveniently glossed over.

Not every cop is bad, not every cop is racist... You wouldn't think so if you watched the news

Do American police officers need to undergo some form of community training to help work on their relationship with the public.... Yes

Did 2 LA officers deserve to be shot in the head because America has some bad cops... No

Am I going to join you in leaving this argument because I've had enough... Yes 😂

Did we win last night... Yes

Users who are viewing this thread