Take the knee (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I agree, I don’t get why these people are getting so fucking angry. Do they also kick off when Help The Aged adverts come on as they’re discriminatory to young people, and send in angry emails saying “we should help all ages, you woke, lefty snowflake”? Do diabetics go mental when they see adverts for Cancer Research?

Yet as soon as the word “black” is involved, the entire cause is classified as domestic terrorism, a political plot to undermine & destroy the white race, the police, capitalism, and all hell breaks loose with people chucking in words they don’t really understand.

This whole ‘incident’ is horseshit, it’s an irrelevance, it doesn’t matter at all, but it’s being pounced on by people with some serious defensiveness issues to offload all their bile & insecurities.

I don't get why people like you want to use a football forum to bang on about politics?

People are getting annoyed because of the way Sky dealt with it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Sexist!

Have to defend the 2 pundits at end. They are experts on the football league and exactly the type of pundit required rather than judt ex players who would rather make it to the premier league coverage

These 2 lads did a great podcast and spoke well about cov. I expect them to be on your telly alot more hopefully.

I have said the same about others, esp commentators and journalists who are articulate but don't know anything about football. What you want are those who know their stuff but can also speak well, Gary Lineker despite his ridiculous salary falls into that category. The two podcasters reminded me of conversations I used to hear at the student union bar-it was cringeworthy

Nick

Administrator
Why jump on him? Why not marcusp who started with all the lefty righty shite? Seems to be a bit selective on when you get annoyed about politics...

Sorry, did I mention your shadow?

Mainly because, the likes of him, DOD etc only seem to be bothered about the righty lefty politics shite. Want to jump in with the sly little digs trying to make out people are racist throughout. Desperate to make every fucking thread about it with no interest in our matches.

Evo1883

This shit has been done to death on this forum tbh...
We don't all agree on it, that won't change.. What's the use 🤷
Good win last night though 😂

Ring Of Steel

Maybe if some others weren't making this political, there would be nothing to jump on.

I was actually waiting for it, same every time. He has obviously missed the big posts about Marxism, facism & stuff (which I don’t even understand), plus the rest of it, but I’m sure he’ll comment on that in due course ;)

Nick

Administrator
This shit has been done to death on this forum tbh...
We don't all agree on it, that won't change.. What's the use 🤷
Good win last night though 😂

Because some people would rather bang on about politics.

Maybe both the lefties and righties can fuck off to the question time forum? They can take that silly bitch from sky with them too.

covcity4life

By the way, when discussing BAME problems, then you cant just blame white people...
Crime, culture, education and the fact they harm each other at alarming rates CANNOT be ignored and must be discussed sensibly... As that cant happen without everybody shouting racist, not alot will change. Create a balanced argument, discuss the problems, try and create change.

Most people call that equality don't they... Balanced structural change that helps everybody in life

White man bad = not an argument
Who is arguing that on SBT? Curious

Liquid Gold

Because some people would rather bang on about politics.

Maybe both the lefties and righties can fuck off to the question time forum? They can take that silly bitch from sky with them too.
Take some drastic action, shut down off topic for a month and stop threads like this turning up on the football forum. Then if people genuinely don't want to talk CCFC they'll drift off.

mark82

Well because essentially a popular movement is actually aimed at mobilising people for more sinister purposes

The anti fascist league was essentially a terrorist group led by a fanatical arm of the already fanatical SWP - I’m sure many people on those marches believed it was a strike against fascism when actually its intentions were to create essentially a fascist state which did not believe in democracy

The miners strike was led by a known Marxist - a Marxist in the sense of supporting the USSR and its attempts to overthrow an elected government - the leader was a known associate of Moscow and his band of followers were essentially spies infiltrating the gullible protestors who thought they actually cared for the cause of miner welfare.

Scargill? Never heard that before. I know he worked in the pits for 20 years before becoming president of the NUM, so not like he wasn't qualified for it. He was a member of the young communist party in his early years (as a lot of Labour politicians of the day were) and was certainly an "interesting" character but never heard of him being directly involved with the USSR. I know a couple of people who know him (he's fairly local to me) so will ask about it at some point.

usskyblue

Maybe it's because the political shite is all that some people are bothered about? Fuck the football.

It got on the match thread because of people (especially you) getting offended by Sky’s ‘coverage’.

Admin needs to keep the football threads about football. It’s as simple as that. A separate thread about the coverage is fine because it then becomes a choice.

Nick

Administrator
Take some drastic action, shut down off topic for a month and stop threads like this turning up on the football forum. Then if people genuinely don't want to talk CCFC they'll drift off.

No issue if people want to talk about stuff in the off topic and talk about football too.

It's when people have no interest in football and then want to make football threads all about the politics bullshit.

Nick

Administrator
It got on match threadbecause of people (especially you) getting offended by Sky’s ‘coverage’.

Admin needs to keep the football threads about football. It’s as simple as that. A separate thread about the coverage is fine because it then becomes a choice.

I was pointing out how they had no interest in speaking football and they wanted to whip up a storm first and foremost.

Was I wrong? It was half time when it was mentioned wasn't it?

Evo1883

Thread should be locked or moved because it taking away from a great win last night.. Sky would be proud

NorthernWisdom

No issue if people want to talk about stuff in the off topic and talk about football too.

It's when people have no interest in football and then want to make football threads all about the politics bullshit.
Well, let's look at where RoS has been posting, in addition to this thread.

In between a spot of Covid (pretty neutral) and QoS (less neutral but, he didn't start it m'lud, in mitigation).

I mean...how much football is appropriate? 65:35 in favour of football? Does that suit the posting tyranny?

mark82

I'm not on Facebook, BLM the group are bordering on domestic terrorism, its a fine line... Nobody should support it but we are Told we have to... People say the difference between the movement and the organisation needs to be separated but it can't be as its been driven by the organisation... Why do people ignore this fact.

Also as with things like diversity training failing at workplaces, people don't like being told by people they are bad and they must think a certain way... It's destined to fail and create more hatred

Which BLM group do you mean?

Nick

Administrator
Well, let's look at where RoS has been posting, in addition to this thread.

In between a spot of Covid (pretty neutral) and QoS (less neutral but, he didn't start it m'lud, in mitigation).

I mean...how much football is appropriate? 65:35 in favour of football? Does that suit the posting tyranny?

Has he lost his voice now? Fucking hell. A couple of half arsed comments on a match thread.

He only seems to pipe up when he has your permission.

PVA

Why? I'd support them refusing to play if players were being racially abused... But booing an organisation and movement that have put racial relations back 30 years is absolutely what should be done... They say they aren't backing the organisation BLM, but they use the same slogans etc that they use, Infact several media sites were claiming they were a terrorist organisation 3 or 4 years ago .. Fuck them... Remember when Jo Cox was killed by a right wing lunatic and everybody blamed the wankers Britain's first etc... Then the same should be happening with the destruction and police deaths in the name of BLM 🤷 awful group, awful people, awful leaders.

Anti Jewish
Anti White
Anti capitalist
Anti democracy

Once again... FUCK THEM

this belongs in off topic

Being anti an anti-racism campaign and comparing them to Jo Cox's killers is not a good look...

NorthernWisdom

Has he lost his voice now? Fucking hell. A couple of half arsed comments on a match thread.

He only seems to pipe up when he has your permission.
Well you only seem to knock him for talking politics, and not the people who kick it off(who don't have the same view as him, funnily enough). You like pulling others up for being hypocrites...

Nick

Administrator
You made a political statement in your opening post.

Your attempts at patronising are getting fucking boring. Yeah you probably have some fancy arsed degrees and taught some bullshit using long words to somebody.

I pointed out it was a great initiative that nobody could disagree with, was I wrong?

NorthernWisdom

Your attempts at patronising are getting fucking boring. Yeah you probably have some fancy arsed degrees and taught some bullshit using long words to somebody.

I pointed out it was a great initiative that nobody could disagree with, was I wrong?
It's not patronising, you made a political statement evaluating it against Black Lives Matter.

Deal with it.

Nick

Administrator
Well you only seem to knock him for talking politics, and not the people who kick it off(who don't have the same view as him, funnily enough). You like pulling others up for being hypocrites...

Nope I knock multiple people for it. I mean I have even pointed another out in this thread.

How about you fuck off with your snidey remarks implying I am racist?

Users who are viewing this thread