Take the knee (6 Viewers)

clint van damme

Surely people should listen if people have an issue with "BLM" but none at all with every other discrimination cause?

There's a reason that the Premier League and others distanced and used "No Room for Racism"

It would get further than just shouting racist at everybody.

And there's a reason that while these other campaigns have been running there have been other examples of racist behaviour from Millwalls support.

And yet people keep making excuses for them.
This is the 3rd or 4th time I've asked and no one's answered, is Hueng Min Son a Marxist?

Evo1883

Worked with a lad from Bermuda today, spent most the day talking bollocks etc .. Then we started talking about this thread
Moral of the story he thinks you're all sensitive pussies... His words 🤣🤣🤣

Told him you're all in good heart really

giphy.gif

Evo1883

Lads there 27 pages of arguing about people taking a knee and booing... Just give it up you dont agree with each other...
giphy.gif

Evo1883

Micah Richards was being called a coon by black people on twitter last night for basically defending the 4th official... So in reality these issues are only debated if everybody thinks the same... Which they don't, so all you're going to do is keep arguing, going round in circles unless you all think the same... And you don't 🤣

It’sabatch87

There are a lot of people in this thread who are questioning the politics of BLM (in all of it's incarnations), rather than questioning their own personal politics and how they might relate to racism.

A lot of inner-turmoil going on and no one doubts a lot of you may be super nice people.
What I don’t get is that BLM is a peaceful organisation but people are appearing in court for criminal damage after their March in Bristol also antifa activists at same gathering.
They need to distance themselves from this behaviour and Also Cov kid that tried to set light to union flag before they ever get my support.
I I’m the least racist person you’d ever meet loads of mates Asian and black that agree with me about BLM.
End of rant!!!
PUSB onwards and Upwards!!!

rob9872

Isn't it all just semantics about what they're called? Surely the message is the most important thing. In fact this whole thread reminds me of Monty Python

Are you the Judean People's Front? Fuck off! ' We're the People's Front of Judea!
Bloody Romans can't even take a joke!

Grendel

Grendel

And there's a reason that while these other campaigns have been running there have been other examples of racist behaviour from Millwalls support.

And yet people keep making excuses for them.
This is the 3rd or 4th time I've asked and no one's answered, is Hueng Min Son a Marxist?

Is Johsua Virasami not a leader of BLM (UK)? He claims to be and is highly political?

SBT

Feels like there needs to be a correct form of protest fully sanctioned and signed off by white people before it can be OK. I think there is an irony there but I can't be fucked anymore.

It comes down to this really. Doesn't seem like many black people's views are being listened to by anyone on here.

Fankaty Dabo apparently felt it was important enough to kneel and put his fist in the air before games. I'm not sure he'd feel great if one of us came up to him and said "I know you're trying to call attention to the fear of you and your family getting hassled by police, but the kneeling is a bit much isn't it Fanky? Have you tried one of these nice slogans instead?"

But then again we'd never know, because we're too busy going round in circles about crypto-Marxism and Nazi salutes to actually ask people why they're doing this, and why now.

clint van damme

Is Johsua Virasami not a leader of BLM (UK)? He claims to be and is highly political?

Was he involved with kick it out because Millwall said they'd work with them after their fine for racism against Everton and I don't think BLM or taking knees had ever been thought off in this country at that point.

Yet we're supposed to believe Millwall have had some kind of epiphany?

hill83

Micah Richards was being called a coon by black people on twitter last night for basically defending the 4th official... So in reality these issues are only debated if everybody thinks the same... Which they don't, so all you're going to do is keep arguing, going round in circles unless you all think the same... And you don't 🤣

Same as Uncle (John) Barnes and Uncle Les (Ferdinand).

Pair of them always get used as a ‘but look’ what this black person said.

Evo1883

Same as Uncle (John) Barnes and Uncle Les (Ferdinand).

Pair of them always get used as a ‘but look’ what this black person said.

Not really, prominent figures, all differing in opinions, ones a coon the other is for justice... Seems how black twitter sees it

These aren't being used, this is happening, This is black people disagreeing with black people so... What can I say

For example You see it differently to the lad I worked with today.. There opinion is just as relevant as yours

clint van damme

What I don’t get is that BLM is a peaceful organisation but people are appearing in court for criminal damage after their March in Bristol also antifa activists at same gathering.
They need to distance themselves from this behaviour and Also Cov kid that tried to set light to union flag before they ever get my support.
I I’m the least racist person you’d ever meet loads of mates Asian and black that agree with me about BLM.
End of rant!!!
PUSB onwards and Upwards!!!

What I don't understand is if Millwall aren't racist why do they keep being involved in racist incidents and getting fined for it.
They need to distance themselves from this behaviour.
I am the most pro Millwall person you'll ever meet, I've got loads of Millwall mates, EDL, NF, BNP, they all agree with me, they're racist. Rant over

hill83

Not really, prominent figures, all differing in opinions, ones a coon the other is for justice... Seems how black twitter sees it

This is black people disagreeing with black people so... What can I say

For example You see it differently to the lad I worked with today.. There opinion is just as relevant as yours for example

I’m agreeing with you

NorthernWisdom

I'll repeat again, as people seem to selectively ignore such things.

Disclaimer: We are NEITHER associated or affiliated with @ukblm, recently registered (Sep 2020) with FCA under the name 'Black Liberation Movement UK' nor are will affiliated to BLM USA and or any other political group, party here in the UK or abroad.

Didn't even need to Google that, it's been posted on this very thread.

NorthernWisdom

Sorry. I don't believe them. I'm going to go with the fan base with a history of racism!!
Tell you what, if I was a Marxist revolutionary I wouldn't be wasting my time kneeling before a game, while trying to throw people off the scent with tales of how it's about Black equality.

I'd be the most feeble revolutionary known to man.

What's going to happen? All those nodding in agreement that Black Lives Matter find themselves at the doors of the stock exchange, arm in arm with Tom Bradshaw, dangling derivatives traders from the windows... and they never even realised!

Astute

But what you seem to be saying is nobody can be described by any distinguishing characteristic. In your previous post you've suggested that black, white, little, big nose, ugly and bald are all off the table. Now admittedly some of those are subjective but for the ones that are descriptive what is the issue?

If you get attacked in the street and the police ask you to describe the assailant what are you going to do if you can't use adjectives?
Described as and pointed out as are two totally different things. Quite simple really.

Do you have any features that make you feel insecure in any way? If you do would you like to be referred to by this feature constantly?

Then consider it to be just one more thing where you are constantly discriminated against for this feature. Could you imagine being bald and having lower prospects in life than the majority of people for this reason. Then people point you out as the bald man. It would get to you.

But if you attacked someone in the street as you say yes it is a description.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Described as and pointed out as are two totally different things. Quite simple really.

Do you have any features that make you feel insecure in any way? If you do would you like to be referred to by this feature constantly?

Then consider it to be just one more thing where you are constantly discriminated against for this feature. Could you imagine being bald and having lower prospects in life than the majority of people for this reason. Then people point you out as the bald man. It would get to you.

But if you attacked someone in the street as you say yes it is a description.

I seem to remember they did a study looking at different attributes, inc race, gender, sexuality, even things like baldness, hair colour etc in executives and they found the biggest discrepancy surprisingly was height. Massively disproportionate number of executives were really tall (6'2''+). Something like 20% of boardrooms were filled with those in the top 1% of height. Even the women were tall compared to women overall and had a significant number of 5'10+.

The exceptions tended to be those that had either got the position through nepotism/inheriting a family business or started the business themselves rather than being given the position via interview/selection. And many were considered to have a 'Napoleon' complex (I know Napoleon was actually average height) and just generally be quite unpleasant and selfish people who'd run over their own granny if they were paid enough.

Users who are viewing this thread