Match Thread Swansea Match Thread (1 Viewer)

capel & collindridge

I just checked Swansea's forum. It's poor but I thought this was a fair summary that SHFWR!

Didn't deserve any more than the point - if that. How times have changed! The last time I saw Coventry in the flesh was when they narrowly beat our under-23s with a late goal at the Liberty in a cup game. Now they give our first eleven pretty much just as tough a game.

BornSlippySkyBlue

* Apart from Bournemouth and Brentford.
Interesting point, but I felt despite the obvious superiority of Bournemouth and Brentford, we just didn’t play very well. We were much better tonight. Think we’d have given the others a better contest if we’d played more like we did tonight, and if we’d had a fully fit, up to match fitness squad — who knows?

A fit and on form Dabo could win these games on his own don’t forget ;)

Mucca Mad Boys

It’s Robins’ weakest attribute, changing things as games progress. Sometimes I wish he’d just make that final change to give us a chance.

With the amount of injuries/suspensions we have, there isn’t really much depth or options at the minute.

It’s an unfair comment to make about this game because we finished the game on top, and it’s fair to say we were the better team tonight. Generally, it doesn’t make much sense to change stuff for the sake of it.

Had Walker been available, it’s v probable we would’ve brought him on tonight.

stupot07

Decent performance and result. Carved out some decent chances and probably should have won it. Great to see Kelly back in the middle, hope he can stay fit, we look a much better side when he is in it.

We've stopped the rot, the test will be can we do that consistently put another 2-3 decent performances together.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

With the amount of injuries/suspensions we have, there isn’t really much depth or options at the minute.

It’s an unfair comment to make about this game because we finished the game on top, and it’s fair to say we were the better team tonight. Generally, it doesn’t make much sense to change stuff for the sake of it.

Had Walker been available, it’s v probable we would’ve brought him on tonight.
It's not just about this game though, I'm talking about him as a manager. If you put all his skills and weaknesses together I think at the bottom would be the ability to change the course of games and the tendency to sit back and defend narrow leads.

Doesn't mean I don't love the man before captain fuck all nuance turns up getting angry, he's got way more good characteristics than bad, I just think he could use his subs better.

Paxman II

Thought we should have won it in the end. But a decent performance against a good side and nothing to be ashamed of. Missing key players like Hamer, Dabo and still able to put in a good shift should do wonders for the confidence. We are a match for many in this league and will be just fine. Walker also waiting in the wings remember too. Sheaf improving with every game and you just can't deny Shippers ability to effect a game and his understanding with Godden. Plenty to work and improve on but overall happy days just 6 games in.

fernandopartridge

It's not just about this game though, I'm talking about him as a manager. If you put all his skills and weaknesses together I think at the bottom would be the ability to change the course of games and the tendency to sit back and defend narrow leads.

Doesn't mean I don't love the man before captain fuck all nuance turns up getting angry, he's got way more good characteristics than bad, I just think he could use his subs better.
Yes, I just don't think it's in his nature though, it's like an inhibition really

pipkin73

Just watching the game back and noticed when Shipley was down, just before he went of McFadzean and Hyam sharing the same bottle of water. Not really a good idea at the moment.
Also, Shippers has concussion and MR said "when he is back in a negative way" so could be a bad one.
Also picked up on another comment, we hit on it on here months ago.
MR was on about our players still not being up to match fitness, in a normal season i think we would be the same as other teams but we have to remember that most teams we are playing, played an extra 10ish games more than us last season and only had a few weeks off so are way ahead of us at the moment, but come the end of the season they will have played an extra 10ish games than us so could have more injuries and have more tired players.
If the season plays out fully, then we could have a very strong second half/last third to the season.

Magwitch

If we can start Kelly and Sheaf on Saturday, Dabo is back in and McCallum on the left then we should be going for the win.

We just lack that bit of cutting edge but should still have won. Robins obviously not impressed by Baka at the weekend so Godden stayed on while he was clearly tiring. If Walker was available then he comes on and gives you the chance to get them over the line.

I do think we will get better as the season goes on.
So where does Giles fit in ? He’s our most effective attacker pace, direct, gets crosses in, dangerous at set pieces and has goals in him, bit unlucky not to bag atleast one last night.

TewkesburySkyBlue

All I’m going to say is overall a very decent team performance should have won really. O’Hare had his worst game for us but is forgiven as he will learn from it and come back stronger hopefully in Saturday.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Unlucky could have got the three points it doesnt matter though they are a top team and I said I would be happy with a draw. all we do now is move on to the next one

stevefloyd

Improved performance and a good point. Just a shame we missed some good chances for the winner

Felt mcallum did well at rwb and sheaf had a good game. Allen performed admirably in deeper role

Great finish from Shipley and a good cross for godden but little else. Feel we need an amc in January

Stopped the rot now though
I thought Mcallum did very very well at right back but totally agree about Shipley, some on here are looking through tinted glasses because he scored a very good goal and had a decent game compared to of late BUT for me he still doesn't close down quick enough because he looks scared to get there too quick in case he has to make a tackle so that side of his game is a big no no for me, having said that he does have some attributes and does have some sort of understanding with Godden...PUSB

ccfc1234

To illustrate the point....Kelly made a big difference when he came on. Had that change not been enforced due to injury, was that change going to be made?

cc84cov

To illustrate the point....Kelly made a big difference when he came on. Had that change not been enforced due to injury, was that change going to be made?
He’s just back from injury he would of replaced Shipley at some point with Allen pushing on as Shipley doesn’t ever play 90 mins & Kelly was our only midfield option on the bench

Happy_Martian

I just checked Swansea's forum. It's poor but I thought this was a fair summary that SHFWR!

Didn't deserve any more than the point - if that. How times have changed! The last time I saw Coventry in the flesh was when they narrowly beat our under-23s with a late goal at the Liberty in a cup game. Now they give our first eleven pretty much just as tough a game.

So did I.... again, some fair comments.....

" If Coventry had better finishers (erm, like wot we need), then we could easily have lost by three goals. "

" How did the ball stay out? Our goal had a charmed life in that minute or so. "

a surprise...

" We needed to think we were in a tournament. Trouble is, Coventry are playing tournament/survival football with more intensity. "

And my personal favourite :)

" another awful performance against a nothing team! "

some lad

I think we really need to push for 3pts from Blackburn/Mboro.... I'd say more likely to get them at home to Blackburn...
Disagree, Blackburn are a good side, Middlesbrough seem average to me, they aren't much of a threat. We should beat Middlesbrough, would take a point from Rovers.

some lad

People may bemoan the missed chances but from what I'm hearing, the O Hare header was the vital sitter. With the 2 games before this, you can forgive stuff like that, the team is trying to find confidence at this level, and sitters do get missed in one off games. Overall,
Im happy with the performance and result, I feel more positive after that.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think stopping the rot by picking something up here is huge. Three defeats in a row and it would be a quick turn to negative town.

Mowbray is up next, and we all know his weaknesses. Let's hope our boys have done the research and we can rob the three points off old mogga.

Happy_Martian

People may bemoan the missed chances but from what I'm hearing, the O Hare header was the vital sitter. With the 2 games before this, you can forgive stuff like that, the team is trying to find confidence at this level, and sitters do get missed in one off games. Overall,
Im happy with the performance and result, I feel more positive after that.

Reminded me of his miss against Birmingham in the last moments of the Cup game. He's great moving with the ball, just has foot/head to eye coordination issues when meeting crosses :D

And I totally agree, if Swansea are the measuring stick for the rest of the division (we were better than QPR and took Brizzle City for a lot of that game), we really shouldn't be as negative as we are. Old habits die hard, I guess ;)

cc84cov

Still can’t actually believe O’Hare missed that header 🤦🏻‍♂️ Only just got over the Birmingham one 🤷🏻‍♂️😝

SlowerThanPlatt

With Shipley now out it’s desperately light, we are already including 2 players Robins was open to getting rid of.

Kelly comes in for him and Hilssner to the bench.

Londonccfcfan

With Shipley now out it’s desperately light, we are already including 2 players Robins was open to getting rid of.

Kelly comes in for him and Hilssner to the bench.

Bapaga should be back soon hopefully, no news on him? Rather him than kasta or hillsner.

Missing Jodi Jones....no one knows just how week he would have done.

Sky Blue Harry H

Concussion is 1 to 2 weeks, so Shippers may only miss Blackburn and Mboro, the second of which Hamer is back for. We can cope with that can't we?

Users who are viewing this thread