Match Thread Swansea Match Thread (2 Viewers)

cc84cov

Ok yesterday’s game digested & gone onto midweek,I have a feeling we will go out & beat Swansea reverting back to our box system with Kelly coming back in,fingers all crossed Dabo is available.Have to say McCallum looked good at right back I would prefer him to start there if Dabo isn’t fit over Pask.

2-1 win

cc84cov

They made a late surge to the play offs last season and have carried that on with 10 points from 15 so far

Our squad already looks stretched and will be doing well to get anything here
We can’t have too many out as we didn’t make any moves for players in the window unless were at the edge of the budget

speedie87

If dabo is out who plays rwb?

I don’t want to see pask there again.

Hamer is suspended but has played that role before.
Rose has played rb before but don’t fancy him at rwb
Ostigard? No from me
So think that just leaves McCallum

Alkhen

Would say a loss is expected. Our run in October and into November is really harsh. A lot of well-established, Champ teams, promotion favorites and relegated Prem teams. I'm not expecting much and won't be too disheartened if we don't. We just need to keep our head above the water for a more managble run of fixtures. December looks OK to me, really need to capitalise then.

Screenshot_20201018_144822.jpg

clint van damme

We need to get something from these games really.
Watched Preston v Cardiff. Both teams looked so much physically stronger and more athletic than us. It's a worry

BornSlippySkyBlue

From what I’ve seen of Swansea this season they are more like a Bournemouth or Brentford than a Wycombe or Rotherham. Think it will be a tough game personally. Will be delighted if we can sneak a point and positively ecstatic if we get 3.

Alkhen

Just need there to be 3 teams who are worse than us.

Wycombe look doomed and Rotherham Barnsley look weak on paper

I think Despite the point deduction Sheff Wed will be more than fine.

There is usually one team that implodes unexpectedly

Tommo1993

Two foot Ayew early doors.

I think improving our start will help. Stop starting games like we’re in a big cup tie.

speedie87

I think we need to abandon playing out from the back the first half of games at the moment. We aren’t good enough to play around teams in this segue and whilst they are still fresh we are just getting stuck in our own half for 20mins at a time

Sky Blue Harry H

We need to get something from these games really.
Watched Preston v Cardiff. Both teams looked so much physically stronger and more athletic than us. It's a worry
I watched it too. But both of those teams are established top half Championship teams, so no surprise they look more at this level than us. It's the Luton's etc of this division we should be looking at to finish above.

clint van damme

I watched it too. But both of those teams are established top half Championship teams, so no surprise they look more at this level than us. It's the Luton's etc of this division we should be looking at to finish above.

it's fine to say we should be looking to finish above them, but if we're to stay up we need to take points off sides like them at some point.
12 wins and 13 draws kept Barnsley up last season.

Tommo1993

Inviting pressure on ourselves if we just count on beating the fellow lesser teams in this league.

johnwillomagic

I think for some reason they'll be a reaction from the players and Swansea despite starting well imo are no Brentford or Bournemouth in terms of quality. I think 2-1 city Dabo to return, Kelly & McCallum to start from the off for me,

Marosi GK
Dabo RWB
McCallum LWB
Rose CB
Hyam CB
McFadz CB
Kelly DCM
Sheaf DCM
O'Hare ACM
Allen ACM
Godden ST

Subs: Wilson, Osti, Pask, Giles, Shipley, Baka, Biamou

We can beat these I think.

Sky Blue Harry H

Inviting pressure on ourselves if we just count on beating the fellow lesser teams in this league.

I'm not the manager, so I'm not responsible for the team's approach/mentality, and I'll happily take points off anybody - just looking at the sides we might hope to finish above. If you knew me, I'm the most glass half full City fan you'll meet.

MiniSam1

I reckon Swansea are going give us a very tough game. If we beat their under 21s in 16/17 we can beat them next week. #PUSB

Philosorapter

An overview of the Championship so far up to and including Game 5.

Legia Sky Blue

I think MR will look to go with a more defensive base for this game. I can see Giles being dropped in favour of McCallum, and if Dabo isn't fit it wouldn't surprise me to see Ostigaard played at RWB. Elsewhere Kelly will surely play as an extra midfielder with Bakayoko dropping out. The only other question mark would be who starts between Allen and Shipley. We need to stop the run of defeats, so a draw would be a good result.

Sky Blue Harry H

One bit of good news for us (bad for the player) is that Morgan Gibbs-White (?) on loan from Wolves - and a really good player - is out for 3 months after fracturing his foot at the week-end.

ccfc1234

I think for some reason they'll be a reaction from the players and Swansea despite starting well imo are no Brentford or Bournemouth in terms of quality. I think 2-1 city Dabo to return, Kelly & McCallum to start from the off for me,

Marosi GK
Dabo RWB
McCallum LWB
Rose CB
Hyam CB
McFadz CB
Kelly DCM
Sheaf DCM
O'Hare ACM
Allen ACM
Godden ST

Subs: Wilson, Osti, Pask, Giles, Shipley, Baka, Biamou

We can beat these I think.
Intresting we have signed 12 players and bar hammer, who is the Walsh replacement, it's the same team that finished last season. We seem to have accumulated a squad of two teams worth of players that are not that far apart in terms of ability. It shows depth, but we might need a marquee signing in January in the ACM position.

SlowerThanPlatt

Intresting we have signed 12 players and bar hammer, who is the Walsh replacement, it's the same team that finished last season. We seem to have accumulated a squad of two teams worth of players that are not that far apart in terms of ability. It shows depth, but we might need a marquee signing in January in the ACM position.

Isn’t that more because the 12 players you’re including 3 were here last season and 2 others were U23 signings?

Grendel

Isn’t that more because the 12 players you’re including 3 were here last season and 2 others were U23 signings?

Also walker really is the marquis signing

Grendel

It’s time to see what Hilssner is about. He’s had 2 90 mins for the 23s now so should be in the squad

Lol I think you’ve made your point - he will be in McDonald’s with Kastaneer

AFCCOVENTRY

I would take a draw considering our form at the moment. We have to keep picking up points where we can. But we need to really up our game to have any chance. If we’re scared and intimidated like we have been in the last few games, then we have no chance.

Users who are viewing this thread