Match Thread Swansea Match Thread (3 Viewers)

Gibbo

So where does Giles fit in ? He’s our most effective attacker pace, direct, gets crosses in, dangerous at set pieces and has goals in him, bit unlucky not to bag atleast one last night.
...the central question

Happy_Martian

Concussion is 1 to 2 weeks, so Shippers may only miss Blackburn and Mboro, the second of which Hamer is back for. We can cope with that can't we?

Maybe Kasta might get a run out.........

stevefloyd

The desperate thing we are missing is someone up front who can hold the ball up and cause problems for the oppositions defence, Godden is a great finisher but certainly not the best at holding the ball up and doesn't really bully defences

Mucca Mad Boys

The desperate thing we are missing is someone up front who can hold the ball up and cause problems for the oppositions defence, Godden is a great finisher but certainly not the best at holding the ball up and doesn't really bully defences

I don’t think we need that kind of player. We need to move and retain the ball better. As soon as Kelly came on yesterday we kept the ball better and that lead to our attacking players getting the ball higher up the pitch and created better chances.

Brentford, Bournemouth and Barnsley pressed us really well and we struggled to keep the ball for phases of play in those games. Last night, particularly after Kelly’s introduction, we weren’t afraid to move the ball back to the 3 CBs and Marosi to work up the pitch.

Gooden is also underrated when it comes to his hold up play.

robbiekeane

Just watching the game back and noticed when Shipley was down, just before he went of McFadzean and Hyam sharing the same bottle of water. Not really a good idea at the moment.
Two people both tested negative for covid probably mere hours before?

Sky Blue Harry H

Ivan Toney keeping Sheff Wed 9 points behind us at half time. Come on Stoke - want you to prevent the Tykes from picking up 3 points, please. Have to say, I've never followed each Championship club and game so closely as this season (even when we were here before)! Edit: I know 2 games are never the same, but despite losing 2-1 at half time to Watford, Blackburn are all over them (let's hope they've peaked and pick up a few knocks before Saturday!)

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Take that Stoke 2-2 v Barnsley (Stoke had 10 men for the last half hour) and Sheff Wed lose.
Have a look at the Watford v Blackburn stats (Blackburn totally dominant despite score)

Brighton Sky Blue

Take that Stoke 2-2 v Barnsley (Stoke had 10 men for the last half hour) and Sheff Wed lose.
Have a look at the Watford v Blackburn stats (Blackburn totally dominant despite score)

Wednesday would be in mid table without the deduction it’s a matter of time before they pull clear of the bottom 3.

Irish Sky Blue

I don’t think we need that kind of player. We need to move and retain the ball better. As soon as Kelly came on yesterday we kept the ball better and that lead to our attacking players getting the ball higher up the pitch and created better chances.

Brentford, Bournemouth and Barnsley pressed us really well and we struggled to keep the ball for phases of play in those games. Last night, particularly after Kelly’s introduction, we weren’t afraid to move the ball back to the 3 CBs and Marosi to work up the pitch.

Gooden is also underrated when it comes to his hold up play.
Robins said that Godden had a superb game last night.

Sky Blue Harry H

Wednesday would be in mid table without the deduction it’s a matter of time before they pull clear of the bottom 3.

Mid-table minus 12 got a team relegated last season. We've had a tough start to the season and they've gained 3 points on us during that period. I watched their game last night and they are big and physical, but limited creativity wise. They may well escape, but I don't think it's a certainty.

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

they are still playing on the anger of having a points deduction! very similar to City when we was at Sickfields. Once they get the negative out of their system the fire will subside hopefully if we are 9 points clear when they are Zero we will be OK.

some lad

Reminded me of his miss against Birmingham in the last moments of the Cup game. He's great moving with the ball, just has foot/head to eye coordination issues when meeting crosses :D

And I totally agree, if Swansea are the measuring stick for the rest of the division (we were better than QPR and took Brizzle City for a lot of that game), we really shouldn't be as negative as we are. Old habits die hard, I guess ;)
Exactly. The Swansea game has been our most encouraging one so far imo because Swansea are a good team at this level.

Users who are viewing this thread