Swansea (H) - Tuesday 2nd - 19:45 (1 Viewer)

Gint11

Swansea fans are saying they struggle against teams with a high press. There’s the tactics right there

Philosorapter

Attachments

• CCFC16.PNG
    CCFC16.PNG
    122.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Swansea.PNG
    Swansea.PNG
    122.6 KB · Views: 26
  • CovvSwansea.PNG
    CovvSwansea.PNG
    131.7 KB · Views: 26

Covkid1968#

They are really finding form. I like Swansea… I used to follow them a bit in the 90’s . Good set of fans. But I can’t see them beating us. Draw for me

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You would think Gyokeres would be in beastmode for this one, with a point to prove. Don´t think it really worked out for him at Swansea and he wasn't given much of a chance.

2 - 0 to us.

Paxman II

I think Kelly comes in for this one in place of Sheaf. Tough one but if we find our feet with Dabo and O'Hare on top form, we can win this.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think Kelly comes in for this one in place of Sheaf. Tough one but if we find our feet with Dabo and O'Hare on top form, we can win this.

Home game so prefer the more forward thinking option. Plus we've heard that Swansea don't do well with the press so having one midfielder who will sit on the toes of the back four for most of the game probably isn't the way to go. I think Allen would be better suited to this.

Paxman II

Home game so prefer the more forward thinking option. Plus we've heard that Swansea don't do well with the press so having one midfielder who will sit on the toes of the back four for most of the game probably isn't the way to go. I think Allen would be better suited to this.

i tend to agree with that as well, but Swansea are a decent outfit and Kelly is a good protector and gives license to Hamer to push more forward where he looks a better player. It's a tough call tbf.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

i tend to agree with that as well, but Swansea are a decent outfit and Kelly is a good protector and gives license to Hamer to push more forward where he looks a better player. It's a tough call tbf.

I see the argument but people seem to think that Hamer doesn't play to his best with Kelly next to him despite, as you say, it should give him the chance to be more attacking and adventerous. Not sure I agree entirely with that assessment

SleepyGinger

Bring Allen in for this one, could do with his energy in midfield and he seems to get the best out of Hamer.

Frostie

Their manager speaks very well, although this was at MK dons , makes me wonder about our own reactions to defeats / draws / performances

Really, really good manager, always well considered & speaks very well. There's lots of good pieces from his time at MK.
I said during his time there that whenever Robins does eventually depart he'd have been my ideal choice to replace him. Obviously that's a non-starter now he's at Swansea though.
Probably too early for them to challenge this season but if he's given time & resources he'll undoubtedly be successful there in my opinion.

He has Swansea playing some excellent stuff already. They'll probably look to dominate the ball tomorrow which we're not really used to at home but they are susceptible to a counter. Hopefully our fans are patient & don't get frustrated & on the players' backs.

Skyblueweeman

Really, really good manager, always well considered & speaks very well. There's lots of good pieces from his time at MK.
I said during his time there that whenever Robins does eventually depart he'd have been my ideal choice to replace him. Obviously that's a non-starter now he's at Swansea though.
Probably too early for them to challenge this season but if he's given time & resources he'll undoubtedly be successful there in my opinion.

He has Swansea playing some excellent stuff already. They'll probably look to dominate the ball tomorrow which we're not really used to at home but they are susceptible to a counter. Hopefully our fans are patient & don't get frustrated & on the players' backs.

I've had a couple of dealings with him in the last 18 months as he's a friend of a friend. Decent bloke.

Brighton Sky Blue

Him and Critchley in the same league as Warnock and till very recently McCarthy. Quite a contrast

Users who are viewing this thread